Largemouth Bass

BennettJ

Libertarian for Life
Apr 29, 2011
Virginia
Any other freshwater fisherman/women out there? Post some pics of your catches or just discuss bass fishing here!

My largest is a 5lber, not huge but considering the size of the pond it was pulled from I find it pretty impressive!

Don't pay any attention to "truthdontmatter"

Just do like the rest of us here and keep scrolling along. Kinda has a "reputation" around here. :lol:

Was a big smallmouth guy when I lived in IL. Used to fish the Fox river and would destroy the smallies. All my pictures are old now and am unable to post them up. Glad to see young people into politics. I thought I was the only one when I was your age.

When I was stationed in Missouri I used to take my sons out fishing at the Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Lake. Biggest bass we caught was maybe 2-2.5 lbs though. Not good eating either.

My son and I caught a 7.5 lb Channel Cat at a farm pond once. Man those things are tough! We took it home, nailed it through the head to a post, skinned it, at it was still moving! :lol:

My wife sliced it up, battered it up and fried it in a pan. It was maybe the best fish we ever had!

Had a lot of yummy bass and crappie out of my mom's lake in Missouri. When I was a kid visiting my grandparents in northern Wisconsin, my grandpa would take me fishing. He cooked up the best fried fish and potatoes.

Caught this in Mich last year.
Not a serious angler, just a fun outing once in a while.
13-14"

bass.jpg

When I was stationed in Missouri I used to take my sons out fishing at the Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Lake. Biggest bass we caught was maybe 2-2.5 lbs though. Not good eating either.

My son and I caught a 7.5 lb Channel Cat at a farm pond once. Man those things are tough! We took it home, nailed it through the head to a post, skinned it, at it was still moving! :lol:

My wife sliced it up, battered it up and fried it in a pan. It was maybe the best fish we ever had!

I had a nice 2 footer (I am not sure of what species) and it did the same thing, after we took the filets off, we put it back in the river, where its swam away like nothing happened!

Catfish are crazy... but they taste like a dream!

Any other freshwater fisherman/women out there? Post some pics of your catches or just discuss bass fishing here!

My largest is a 5lber, not huge but considering the size of the pond it was pulled from I find it pretty impressive!

I have done a lot of largemouth fishing in my tiime but unfortunately, there are almost none where we live now. We are just past the northern edge of their range. The few we have are protected. We do have smallmouth which are fun to catch, but nothing beats tying into a largemouth.

Last edited:

I use to go fishing for rainbow trout up the the Colorado Rockies, streams.
Man they were good. Made me spoiled because I can't stand the lake rainbow trout, it just doesn't taste the same at all.

Forum List

Back