Landlords and Political Yard Signs

Oh. I lived in 3 apartments and never did the yard work.

This is a huge yard, too. I mean, it takes a riding mower to cut it all, otherwise you'll be out there for a couple hours. They did come and beautify the flower beds for us before we moved in, but everything after that is up to us to maintain.

Sure Allie, I have no problem calling the Muslim's god Aloe.

Neg rep me again, instead of admitting you make the same stupid generalizations that everyone else makes.

How petty. Come on. Show some class. It is Jesus and Allah.

Sure Allie, I have no problem calling the Muslim's god Aloe.

Neg rep me again, instead of admitting you make the same stupid generalizations that everyone else makes.

Neg reps put hair on your chest, Rav. They toughen you up. It's no big deal.

That might be illegal

What? That we have the responsibility of maintaining the yard, while the landlord imposes authority on what can be displayed?

Expand on that, please. I'm curious as to why you would think that.

It would have to be a stipulation in the lease for him to be able to remove it.

What does a state law from virginia have to do with New Jersey?

What does a state law from virginia have to do with New Jersey?

Hell I didn't know I was looking for NJ information...hence my statement to look up individual state laws which apply.

Anyway, the information is out there. You just have to look. It isn't all that hard.

In the article:
If those students or other renters sign a lease that bans election signs, they have in effect waived some of their constitutional rights… Bottom line: Read that lease or homeowners association contract carefully before signing it, Willis said.
I don’t see where this answers my question: What if the lease does not specifically allow or prohibit political signs?

There are many perfectly legal things I could do on this property. It's perfectly legal for me to cut a tree down, but it doesn't mean I am allowed to do it on HIS property.

In the city I live in (California) you can not even cut down a tree (on the front part of your property facing the street) unless it is dead or creating a hazzard (up rooting sidewalks, hanging over the street, etc).

"City ordinance". Never tried it but you will get fined! If it is hanging over the street it is on "City property" they will trim it - and leave it butt ugly if they chose. :eusa_shifty:

Ok, again, I don't know. YOu need to look into the laws in your area.

I read articles that said if you had a clause requiring you to do the yard work, then THOSE renters could have signs in their yards. But that was just one article, from Eugene Oregon. I have no idea what the laws are in your state, or your smaller area, are.

I know that in some towns, the city will remove the signs themselves. Which causes all sorts of bad feelings.

And I know I've signed leases where the clause was right there.

Other than that, I guess you have to discuss it with your landlord. I don't know why anyone would want to fight with a landlord over this..if it's that bad, maybe you should just move, or buy a bumper sticker.

Forum List

Back