Lancelot-Mordred: A War Diagram (for Trump)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Sir Lancelot du Lac (meaning Lancelot of the lake, baptised as Galahad) was one of the Knights of the Round Table in the Arthurian legend. He typically features as King Arthur's greatest companion, the lord of Joyous Gard and the greatest swordsman and jouster of the age — until his adultery with Queen Guinevere is discovered, causing a civil war exploited by Mordred which brings about the end of Arthur's kingdom (source of information: Wikipedia).

Lancelot has been depicted as a historical/folkloric 'foil' of Mordred, since both are somehow 'diplomats' of Medieval ambitions. Lancelot has been depicted as a wandering 'pseudo-philosopher' (but primarily a fighter), while Mordred has been depicted as an ambitious warlord (but primarily a tyrant and upstart).

Lancelot's rumored extra-marital affair with his king's wife, Guinevere, puts him in a special place where deeds can restore trust and heal broken friendship wounds. Mordred on the other hand is a pure threat to Camelot and seeks to replace 'Arthurs's noble vision' with a plan for power ascension.

That's why a Lancelot-Mordred dynamic/dialogue represents 'war intrigue' (in general).

So what does President Trump make of such 'war cliches'?

====

LANCELOT: Why do you hate the Round Table?
MORDRED: I despise any 'civil procedure' that stands in the way of supreme leadership.
LANCELOT: Men seek brotherhood as much as they crave leadership.
MORDRED: Democratic systems fail because of the advertising of human folly.
LANCELOT: You're saying democracy 'condones' gluttony?
MORDRED: Sure! Why is Burger King the business card of America?
LANCELOT: I would defend democracy on the principle of teamwork.
MORDRED: Oh, a group of men sitting around eating cheeseburgers...that's teamwork!
LANCELOT: No, it's a 'social contract' based on etiquette and civics.
MORDRED: Tell your 'king' he should be sure not to drool in his soup.
LANCELOT: Would you declare war on immigrants seeking the American Dream?
MORDRED: I would declare war on the capitalism-subjective Trump Administration.
LANCELOT: I would defend President Trump --- Americans like finance-minded leaders.
MORDRED: Sure they do. Americans also like the Enron scandal.
LANCELOT: Do you know how many women carry credit cards (e.g., American Express)?
MORDRED: Capitalism is war...
LANCELOT: My shield is Christianity.
MORDRED: My sword will always be Wanderlust.

====

Lancelot

Mordred

knights.jpg

Forum List

Back