Lakers

i like him too, but i don't like Shaq nor Kobe. i would like Malone to win one too but that would mean Shaq and Kobe would win another......dilemma

Originally posted by Bart
I like Carl Marlone. I wish in his last season to win his first ring.

:cool:

Yep, Karl and Payton should get their rings.
And Phil willl become the first coach in history to win 10 Championships. In fact, I believe he has won every NBA Finals contest he's entered.

That said, "Go Pistons!"

Im torn by apathy. I hate the lakers, but Larry Brown Screwed the sixers royal. LEt Iverson do whatever he wants for 7 years then just leave after you've fucked us up with bad drafts and poor development of our young guys. Sixers will be screwed for at least 5 years.

My philosophy has been that defense wins NBA championships and as I write this Detroit is up 2-1 on the Lakers with game 4 tonight in Detroit, who has the #1 defense in NBA? Detroit. Lakers are in serious trouble.

Philly got screwed collectively by Iverson and Brown. Brown believed a 6'0 guard could get him to the promised land and Iverson is the most selfish player in the history of the game I believe. 30-40 shots a game from him? UNBELIEVABLE! Does he pass? Rarely. Brown and the management no drafts no trades no nothing, "just let Alan shoot".

Bright spot for the Sixers though, I believe Kobe will be wearing a Sixers jersey next season, the fans will love him then guaranteed.

Originally posted by OCA
My philosophy has been that defense wins NBA championships and as I write this Detroit is up 2-1 on the Lakers with game 4 tonight in Detroit, who has the #1 defense in NBA? Detroit. Lakers are in serious trouble....
Bright spot for the Sixers though, I believe Kobe will be wearing a Sixers jersey next season, the fans will love him then guaranteed.

Pistons are nasty. And yes they have the best defense in the league. I'm not sure that you understand how difficult it is to guard Shaq, though. Even for Big Ben.

Add to that three other All-Stars and league legends--Kobe, Gary, Karl.

No way they lose.

Also, while defense wins championships, so does the best coach in the league. I mean, OCA, he is about to be the first coach in history to win 10 times!

It's really hard not to root for the Pistons(woulda liked to see Indiana in the finals, too), but I want Karl and Gary to get their rings more than anything. They deserve 'em.

If Kobe can stay out of jail, I know the Lakers will do everything they can to keep him.

They have to.

That said, Luck the Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

go pistons!!!! i agree, defense wins championships. shaq and kobe will get their points, but they will have to earn them. the lakers seem to be in denial, they believe it is something that they are doing, or not doing, that is the reason for their troubles with detroit. they dont give detroit any credit, and this is what will cost them the series.

Originally posted by OCA
My philosophy has been that defense wins NBA championships and as I write this Detroit is up 2-1 on the Lakers with game 4 tonight in Detroit, who has the #1 defense in NBA? Detroit. Lakers are in serious trouble.

Philly got screwed collectively by Iverson and Brown. Brown believed a 6'0 guard could get him to the promised land and Iverson is the most selfish player in the history of the game I believe. 30-40 shots a game from him? UNBELIEVABLE! Does he pass? Rarely. Brown and the management no drafts no trades no nothing, "just let Alan shoot".

God i hope your right. Even though people dissed him at the All-Star game, theyve been dissed by Allen too many times to count. Ive stood up for Allen for years. Ive always said that he gave it his all, would carry the team and such. That they never got him anyone to play with him. But after he gave the practice comments, the numerous arrests and the ultimate insult, the not coming off the bench after an injury for Interim coach Chris Ford just sealed his fate in the eyes of many Sixer fans.

The lakers will be broken up after this year. Kobe isnt staying i can gurantee that. Malone and Payton will retire having never gotten a title. Shaq will stay and grow older and older. The rest really doesnt matter cause as we'e seen, they suck. Hopefully Kobe comes here but settles his legal troubles. Put him with Childress or Gordon in the draft and we could be playoff contenders again in the Weak East.

With that said its now 3-1 Pistons and the lakers have only scored 90 in one game. They are done. Shaq and kobe have scored over 20 pts in every game (except game 3) and they still have lost 3 of 4.

Go, Motor City!
Never been done before--coming back from a 1-3 deficit.

That said, DO NOT count the Lakers out.
Next game ought to be good.

Who's your favorite player thus far?

I'm going with Bigups Billups.

Originally posted by insein
God i hope your right. Even though people dissed him at the All-Star game, theyve been dissed by Allen too many times to count. Ive stood up for Allen for years. Ive always said that he gave it his all, would carry the team and such. That they never got him anyone to play with him. But after he gave the practice comments, the numerous arrests and the ultimate insult, the not coming off the bench after an injury for Interim coach Chris Ford just sealed his fate in the eyes of many Sixer fans.

The lakers will be broken up after this year. Kobe isnt staying i can gurantee that. Malone and Payton will retire having never gotten a title. Shaq will stay and grow older and older. The rest really doesnt matter cause as we'e seen, they suck. Hopefully Kobe comes here but settles his legal troubles. Put him with Childress or Gordon in the draft and we could be playoff contenders again in the Weak East.

Kobe is a free agent at the end of season and has already stated its time to move on. The only team i've heard of that has shown a real interest in him that would have a chance in the west is Denver, but will the fans accept him in Colorado? I don't think Jerry Buss is letting Kobe go to anybody in the west and Philly is Kobe's hometown so I gotta believe he will playing in FU arena next year. First off they have to ship the cancer named Iverson out, who cares where he goes he ain't gonna win a championship fo anybody so just unload him to the highest bidder.

Also heard something interesting recently, MacGrady to the Kings for Stoijakovich.

Originally posted by OCA

Also heard something interesting recently, MacGrady to the Kings for Stoijakovich.

Seeing how the Kings can't seem to get it done, might be a good move.

Seems like a pretty even swap, no?

T-Mac is the man...
Peja is the man...

I pityanyone playing for a Floridian team.

Originally posted by OCA
Kobe is a free agent at the end of season and has already stated its time to move on. The only team i've heard of that has shown a real interest in him that would have a chance in the west is Denver, but will the fans accept him in Colorado? I don't think Jerry Buss is letting Kobe go to anybody in the west and Philly is Kobe's hometown so I gotta believe he will playing in FU arena next year. First off they have to ship the cancer named Iverson out, who cares where he goes he ain't gonna win a championship fo anybody so just unload him to the highest bidder.

We've changed banks about 5 times since First Union, lol. We just call it the center now to make things easier with all the bank buy outs. I think its Wachovia now. Some people call it "the Wack".

I heard that Kobe might goto the Clippers. He lives in LA. They have some support talent. And Kobe could prove that he can bring any team to the title without Shaq, why not go with one of the perrenial worsts.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love for him to come here but TO, the Freak and then Kobe in one year? I dunno if my Philly heart can handle that much good fortune. Something bad is definitely going to happen.

Originally posted by insein
We've changed banks about 5 times since First Union, lol. We just call it the center now to make things easier with all the bank buy outs. I think its Wachovia now. Some people call it "the Wack".

I heard that Kobe might goto the Clippers. He lives in LA. They have some support talent. And Kobe could prove that he can bring any team to the title without Shaq, why not go with one of the perrenial worsts.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love for him to come here but TO, the Freak and then Kobe in one year? I dunno if my Philly heart can handle that much good fortune. Something bad is definitely going to happen.

Brand, Maggette, Q, Kobe...that could be pretty sick.

Originally posted by Jackass
Yeah its called football season in Philly!! LOL

Whats that? Kurt Warner suffers another broken pinky on opening day and is out for the season? Tiki and Strahan have an all out brawl and are both suspended by Coughlin? Eli gets thrown to the wolves and gets eaten alive? Things are looking good for the G-men, lol.

I HATE the lakers....i hate Derek Fisher the most...I'm a spurs fan...
I would also like to go ahead and prophecy the victory of MY CAROLINA PANTHERS WHEN THEY RETURN TO THE SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR!! In the words of Flair.."WOOOOOOHHHHH!"

Originally posted by leojoeyjoe
I HATE the lakers....i hate Derek Fisher the most...I'm a spurs fan...
I would also like to go ahead and prophecy the victory of MY CAROLINA PANTHERS WHEN THEY RETURN TO THE SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR!! In the words of Flair.."WOOOOOOHHHHH!"

Panthers were a fluke last year, they will be lucky to return to the playoffs.

1. Luck the Fakers
2. Richard Hamilton is the man, shoulda been MVP. Played like he did when we stomped Duke in '99.
3. Okafor, 1st round draft pick me thinks!
4. Where is Shaq going to end up this year???????????????????

Forum List

Back