Lakers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bart, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Bart

Bart Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I like Carl Marlone. I wish in his last season to win his first ring.

:cool:

2. Rambo

Rambo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i like him too, but i don't like Shaq nor Kobe. i would like Malone to win one too but that would mean Shaq and Kobe would win another......dilemma

3. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yep, Karl and Payton should get their rings.
    And Phil willl become the first coach in history to win 10 Championships. In fact, I believe he has won every NBA Finals contest he's entered.

That said, "Go Pistons!"

4. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Im torn by apathy. I hate the lakers, but Larry Brown Screwed the sixers royal. LEt Iverson do whatever he wants for 7 years then just leave after you've fucked us up with bad drafts and poor development of our young guys. Sixers will be screwed for at least 5 years.

5. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    My philosophy has been that defense wins NBA championships and as I write this Detroit is up 2-1 on the Lakers with game 4 tonight in Detroit, who has the #1 defense in NBA? Detroit. Lakers are in serious trouble.

Philly got screwed collectively by Iverson and Brown. Brown believed a 6'0 guard could get him to the promised land and Iverson is the most selfish player in the history of the game I believe. 30-40 shots a game from him? UNBELIEVABLE! Does he pass? Rarely. Brown and the management no drafts no trades no nothing, "just let Alan shoot".

Bright spot for the Sixers though, I believe Kobe will be wearing a Sixers jersey next season, the fans will love him then guaranteed.

6. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Pistons are nasty. And yes they have the best defense in the league. I'm not sure that you understand how difficult it is to guard Shaq, though. Even for Big Ben.

Add to that three other All-Stars and league legends--Kobe, Gary, Karl.

No way they lose.

Also, while defense wins championships, so does the best coach in the league. I mean, OCA, he is about to be the first coach in history to win 10 times!

It's really hard not to root for the Pistons(woulda liked to see Indiana in the finals, too), but I want Karl and Gary to get their rings more than anything. They deserve 'em.

If Kobe can stay out of jail, I know the Lakers will do everything they can to keep him.

They have to.

That said, Luck the Fakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

7. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Do you like Karl Malone, too?

8. green lantern

green lantern Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    go pistons!!!! i agree, defense wins championships. shaq and kobe will get their points, but they will have to earn them. the lakers seem to be in denial, they believe it is something that they are doing, or not doing, that is the reason for their troubles with detroit. they dont give detroit any credit, and this is what will cost them the series.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    God i hope your right. Even though people dissed him at the All-Star game, theyve been dissed by Allen too many times to count. Ive stood up for Allen for years. Ive always said that he gave it his all, would carry the team and such. That they never got him anyone to play with him. But after he gave the practice comments, the numerous arrests and the ultimate insult, the not coming off the bench after an injury for Interim coach Chris Ford just sealed his fate in the eyes of many Sixer fans.

The lakers will be broken up after this year. Kobe isnt staying i can gurantee that. Malone and Payton will retire having never gotten a title. Shaq will stay and grow older and older. The rest really doesnt matter cause as we'e seen, they suck. Hopefully Kobe comes here but settles his legal troubles. Put him with Childress or Gordon in the draft and we could be playoff contenders again in the Weak East.

10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    With that said its now 3-1 Pistons and the lakers have only scored 90 in one game. They are done. Shaq and kobe have scored over 20 pts in every game (except game 3) and they still have lost 3 of 4.