Lady takes her son to the gun range and then commits Murder Suicide

Fuck. I have relatives around there. Greater Orlando. I suspect more than a few people are hugging their kids right now.

But let's click our heels together and say in unison -- we "don't have a gun culture"... we "don't have a gun culture"... we "don't have a gun culture"...
She would have stabbed or drowned them if she didn't have a gun.
Sick is sick, regardless of the medium of delivery.

Ah NOW we finally get to the issue. Not necessarily. That would have taken more planning, more time, more logistics, all of which present more opportunities for reflection. Pointing a gun at somebody (or at oneself) takes an instant.

In this case her note indicates it was premeditated, but the firearm made it ruthlessly efficient, quicker and easier than drowning or stabbing would have.

She was sick, in multiple ways. As is a culture that celebrates death and violence and fantasizes about shoot-em-ups.

Thank you for at least getting the point.
Unfortunately, a person with paranoid voices in their heads WILL get the "job" done.
We have already seen mothers drowning their children.
Guns aren't always so easy to wield as many suspect; one blowback to her jaw and she would have been out cold.

Perhaps, but assuming one can handle the firearm -- a safe assumption since they were at a shooting range and prolly not for the first time -- a gun makes the whole thing quick, easy and instantaneous. That's exactly the issue with suicides.

That's not to conclude "therefore we should destroy/ban all guns" or anything like that (before somebody takes what they think is a loose ball and runs for their own fantasized end zone). It simply calls into question the wisdom of fomenting the cultural value of gun worship that lies at the bottom of it all.

Yeah...bullshit.....

Gun suicides......21,175.

Non gun suicides....19,974.

Guns in private hands not used to commit suicide.....356,978,825 million......

So no....you are wrong.........

Can you tell which number is bigger?

Perhaps the underlying culture responsible for the 19,974 non gun suicides should be looked at...since they took the time to not use a gun......

then you have this...

Mumbai: Indian man 'kills 14 members of family' - BBC News

A 35-year-old Indian man killed 14 members of his own family, including seven children and his parents, before killing himself, police say.

He did not use a gun.....

I'm afraid you've made no point here. Certainly none that addresses anything I've ever posted.

Forum List

Back