Ladies, Do you dig the Gray Hair on Men?

If that's a serious question, I'll give you a serious answer. Most men prefer younger women. Hence women getting facelifts, boob jobs, and lots of hair dying. Also, it takes a beautiful confident woman like Linda Evans to wear that silver hair.

My question was serious. In my opinion, men who are that shallow, aren't worthy of a lady to begin with. And at the same time, a lady should be secure in herself, and not focus on all the superficial aspects you mentioned. It is good to take care of one's self. However, if a man or woman takes action solely on the superficial whims and wants of another, they deserve the shallow relationship that comes with that kind of mentality. Nothing says I love and respect you as a person, as making the person you claim to love nothing more than a sex object.

I think a lot of ladies are just as superficial. I won't say most as I don't know that to be the case. Attraction plays a role in the relationship. That is only natural. But to have a relationship predicated on the physical, is a recipe for disaster.

I think it is wrong of a man to hold any lady to a higher standard than he is willing to live himself. The converse is also true, in my opinion.

As to hair color, that is a preference. Nothing wrong with preferences. But when a person touts a preference as principle, I believe that is wrong.

I think a lot of it has to do with how a person 'carries' themself.

You just described 99.9% of the modern day hollywood celebrities.

A sad commentary.

My question was serious. In my opinion, men who are that shallow, aren't worthy of a lady to begin with. And at the same time, a lady should be secure in herself, and not focus on all the superficial aspects you mentioned. It is good to take care of one's self. However, if a man or woman takes action solely on the superficial whims and wants of another, they deserve the shallow relationship that comes with that kind of mentality. Nothing says I love and respect you as a person, as making the person you claim to love nothing more than a sex object.

I think a lot of ladies are just as superficial. I won't say most as I don't know that to be the case. Attraction plays a role in the relationship. That is only natural. But to have a relationship predicated on the physical, is a recipe for disaster.

I think it is wrong of a man to hold any lady to a higher standard than he is willing to live himself. The converse is also true, in my opinion.

As to hair color, that is a preference. Nothing wrong with preferences. But when a person touts a preference as principle, I believe that is wrong.

A sad commentary.

Indeed.

A sad commentary.

Let's say that Jane and John are a couple and are intellectual equals and have tons in common and are very compatible. What is the harm in Jane going to the salon, having her hair dyed once a month and putting on makeup every day? What is the harm in John pumping iron three times a week at the gym? Aren't they somewhat obligated to "maintain" themselves to keep the physical aspects of their relationship interesting? I don't think this kind of consideration is shallow. I think it's an integral part of a lasting relationship.

A sad commentary.

Let's say that Jane and John are a couple and are intellectual equals and have tons in common and are very compatible. What is the harm in Jane going to the salon, having her hair dyed once a month and putting on makeup every day? What is the harm in John pumping iron three times a week at the gym? Aren't they somewhat obligated to "maintain" themselves to keep the physical aspects of their relationship interesting? I don't think this kind of consideration is shallow. I think it's an integral part of a lasting relationship.

Read my words again. I did not state or infer what you appear to have extrapolated from my post.

"Attraction plays a role in the relationship. That is only natural. But to have a relationship predicated on the physical, is a recipe for disaster."

If you read my previous post to the one you replied to, I make it very clear, that a person should take care of themself. Nothing wrong with that.

If you read my posts in context, they make sense.

Last edited:
A sad commentary.

Read my words again. I did not state or infer what you appear to have extrapolated from my post.

"Attraction plays a role in the relationship. That is only natural. But to have a relationship predicated on the physical, is a recipe for disaster."

If you read my previous post to the one you replied to, I make it very clear, that a person should take care of themself. Nothing wrong with that.

Blame it on my insomnia...

We all make mistakes at times. :)

We all make mistakes at times. :)

Who said anything about mistake? I said blame it on my insomnia. :lol:

I like grey hair but as for myself I don't really like seeing a few grey wild hairs on my head. I say either all grey or more grey then just a few sticking out therefore; I will be getting highlights for the 2nd time in my life next week.

Guy's always look better than women with a little grey. I like my husbands hair and he is almost all grey.

A sad commentary.

Well if the man has to get hair plugs and the woman has to get breast implants then that is a bit different in my book.

I like grey hair but as for myself I don't really like seeing a few grey wild hairs on my head. I say either all grey or more grey then just a few sticking out therefore; I will be getting highlights for the 2nd time in my life next week.

Guy's always look better than women with a little grey. I like my husbands hair and he is almost all grey.
my mom has had grey hair forever, women are always telling her how pretty it is though.
I don't remember a time when she didn't have grey hair!:razz:

I bet she tells you about the 20 hours of labor too huh?
nope!:lol:
she had a c section, she does remind she got very sick afterwords. But after she saw my 27 hour labor and then c section she doesn't try to make me feel bad telling me about her's because she knows it was cake walk compared to mine.:razz:

Yes we do. :eusa_whistle:

Oh heck yea I do....
2444_drooling.gif

Forum List

Back