L.A. Mayor can go suck a hot tamale

Nope.

However, rejecting the use of estimates and projections that don't support your view and then trumpeting the use of estimates that do support your view is hypocritical.

As far as the immigration thing goes, I'd split the difference between you and Ravi. I'd favor getting serious about fortifying the borders and then (and only then) granting amnesty to those already here. It would cost a shit load more to try to round them up. And even if we did round them up, where you gonna send them? First, you can't even be certain they're Mexican if they don't say so. And second, Mexico can still refuse to take them back. People that spout off about how they should be rounded up and sent back to where they came from are truly ignorant of how impractical, and costly, that really would be.

How would you secure the border?

Let's just concentrate on not letting any more in. And sending the ones we actually charge with a crime home.

:lol: WAIT TILL m13 TAKES HOLD...................there's going to be people running for they're fucking lives.................and the "we can fix it" propaganduh will be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baba, with all due respect, shut the hell up. The big kids are talking. Conservatives are just as, if not moreso, guilty of enabling illegals for the sake of a lowered cost of labor. I trust that Ravir's position is influenced by compassion and empathy more than profit and the bottom line. I don't disagree with her because she takes liberals positions. I disagree with her take on this issue.

My opinion is based on both, with a hefty dose of reality. I honestly think people are xenophobic about this issue and the politicians and the media play on these fears.

Plus I've grown up in an area that has had a heavy influx of illegals my entire life and I've heard all the negativity and dire predictions, none of which have come close to coming true.

I agree with you on Allie, lol.

"Uh, you can 1099 their overtime too, duh."

can does not equal have to.:eusa_shifty:

:lol: WAIT TILL m13 TAKES HOLD...................there's going to be people running for they're fucking lives.................and the "we can fix it" propaganduh will be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's send the M13s home and it won't be an issue.

Nope.

However, rejecting the use of estimates and projections that don't support your view and then trumpeting the use of estimates that do support your view is hypocritical.

As far as the immigration thing goes, I'd split the difference between you and Ravi. I'd favor getting serious about fortifying the borders and then (and only then) granting amnesty to those already here. It would cost a shit load more to try to round them up. And even if we did round them up, where you gonna send them? First, you can't even be certain they're Mexican if they don't say so. And second, Mexico can still refuse to take them back. People that spout off about how they should be rounded up and sent back to where they came from are truly ignorant of how impractical, and costly, that really would be.

So, let me get this strait... It's hypocritical to criticize SHS due to a complete lack of evidence that hides behind words like "estimated" and "projected" because of the use of the word "ESTIMATED" when trying to figure out how many illegals populate the US? Even when we KNOW that there is a direct correlation between illegals and SCHOOL and HOSPITAL funding?

:thup:

wow. I mean, I realize you must drift off into sleep every night wondering if you are finally going to catch me in a logical bind one of these days but HOLY shit, dude.. Thats really desperate.

So, do pink lungers have this kind of correlation to whip out as evidence of the DIRECT harm of SHS?

U.S. to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/10/heallth.illegal.ap/

How about this?

Hospitals Feeling Strain From Illegal Immigrants

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=950DE6DB133CF936A1575BC0A9649C8B63

L.A. Emergency Rooms Full of Illegal Immigrants
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150750,00.html

Come on, pink lunger... show me your SHS version of this kind of fallout caused by smoking in bars.. SURELY if I can spend .03 seconds finding actual detriment to the US CAUSED by illegals you can do the same if you are going to reach for goofy fucking gotcha trips, eh?

"Funny, the rest of the world doesn't know that Obama OR write are both illegal aliens, dude.. you'd better go email matt drudge!"

:eusa_hand: :razz: :clap2:

Gosh if only there’s was some something in the constitution about those being born in country becoming citizens and not illegals…

indeed, anchor babies are probably just like border jumpers, eh? Did Obama or Wright come here illegally? Their parents? Like I said, you'd better zip on over to drudgereport.com

Let's send the M13s home and it won't be an issue.

You do realize the task you've set forth...............................they are an army of about 350-400,000, many war trained veterans/Sandanistas............and they think nothing of icing anyone who stands in their way..........................:eusa_shifty:

:rofl:

You mean like the analyses that support programs like welfare and universal healthcare!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. And AFTER you show me your cost/benefit analysis you can show me where I've ever advocated universal healthcare and/or stated that welfare as is works just fine.

Doofus!

wow. I mean, I realize you must drift off into sleep every night wondering if you are finally going to catch me in a logical bind one of these days but HOLY shit, dude.. Thats really desperate.

Ummm, I slaked that need some time ago. I guess you forgot about how you spent the better part of a week refusing to acknowledge that the US Government regulates, where it sees fit, what people can legally ingest. :eusa_whistle:

I can only address one thing at a time and this seemed the easiest. 1099ing people isn't a loophole. It's a perfectly legal and accepted business practice. Hiring underaged labor is not. And the IRS gives out numbers called TINs to people that don't have valid social security numbers. The IRS doesn't care, they just want the tax money. What you are proposing is giving the government control over someone's ability to employ whom they please. Why? Being undocumented is a misdemeanor...will we need to start policing people that don't pay their traffic tickets?

Seriously, I'd like to see that credible cost/benefit analysis because anything else is just more hysterical smoke blowing on either side of the issue.

1099 for contracted labor from those who are ELIGABLE for work in the US is perfectly legal. Using a 1099 as a loophole to hire ILLEGAL LABOR is not in any way status quo, acceptable etc.

Here.. Ii'll let some carpenters tell you all about it.
http://www.carpenters.org/misclassification/UBC 1099 Summary Document1.pdf

The IRS is not the sole legal body of federal labor law, Ravir. And i can promise you that they care enough to let me know each and every time when an illegal has used fake ass IDs to procure employement. And you can spare me the dramatizations about "giving the gov't the perogative to decide who an emplolyer wants to hire". If you gave the slightest damn about that you wouldn't support affirmative action programs or other social welfare programs that use tax credits like a dangling carrot.

oh, I didn't realize that misdomeanors are not crimes anymore. Further, CLEARLY when a bank robber is inside the vault we just let em stay there until he is done sending whats in the safe deposit boxes BACK TO MEXICO..

And no, we don't kick in doors for speeding tickets but we also don't ignore unregistered vehicles on our tax funded highways.

SNAP.

Yep. And AFTER you show me your cost/benefit analysis you can show me where I've ever advocated universal healthcare and/or stated that welfare as is works just fine.

I think you mistook what I was saying (and after re-reading I can see why).

There are so many variables and unknowns that I could easily construct an analysis to support (or reject) whatever suits my fancy that day.

Uh, you can 1099 their overtime too, duh.

But who needs to when they are using the 1099 to circumvent employment labor laws already? If I, as a contracting employer, use this status to skip paying unemp insurance, ss, employee insurance, any benefits, etc, then what makes you think Im going to pay anyone overtime?

My opinion is based on both, with a hefty dose of reality. I honestly think people are xenophobic about this issue and the politicians and the media play on these fears.

Plus I've grown up in an area that has had a heavy influx of illegals my entire life and I've heard all the negativity and dire predictions, none of which have come close to coming true.

I agree with you on Allie, lol.

a hefty dose of reality? Well, at least your sense of humor is still intact.

Is it xenophobic to realize that 100 people on a john boat wont float? This isn't about race; this is about population.

And, if you don't have any direct experience then good for you. It's a good thing that personal experience usually trumps facts.

Forum List

Back