L.A. Mayor can go suck a hot tamale

so, you don't think having almost double the population of people per job available might not become an issue? Even moreso since an unstable economy doesnt retain MORE jobs? Are third generation mexican-Americans with illegal grandparents who water down available resources going to just not be a problem? Do you think Schools and Hospitals agree with your cavalier aproach to illegal immigration?

hmmmmm?

Do I hear echos of terms like PROJECTED and ESTIMATED?

I thought the mighty Snotgun was against that sort of chicanery, no?

psst. your hypocrisy is showing. Might want to tuck it back under.

I imagine the legal immigrants will take care of their illegal grandparents and the rest of them will go back to Mexico...that's if things really get that bad, and I really don't think they will (economy wise). I'm pretty sure there aren't that many illegal grandparents, btw. Schools are funded by property taxes and everyone pays them...even the renters in a roundabout way.

Here's an extra tall glass of ice cold cool-aid......................maybe your denial will cease when your actually peaking..................psssst follow the yellow brick road!!!!!!!!:wtf:

You'll probably hate me but I plan on using my tax rebate to hire some illegals to put in a new driveway.

How would you close the loophole? Many, many small businesses only hire independent contractors because they don't have the cash flow for permanent employees. You'd put a lot of people out of business.

people who operate outside of the law get to either conform or find another job. It's not like the bill of rights protects an illegal from ELIGABILITY discrimination... Also, illegals put AMERICANS out of work so I guess we'll just have to call it even. Hometeam gets the ball.

How? I just explained how to use debit card readers in place of federal i9s.

And enjoy your mexican labor. Your nonchalant attitude toward illegal immigration is almost a carbon copy of the apathy involved with wal mart taking over mom and pop stores and killing downtown districts.

Why do you say the Nibor? Because I don't believe in Atzlan?

Whether YOU believe in it,or deny it or not....................IT IS THE PLAN OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AND BESTOWED UPON US BY LIMP WRISTED TRAITORS...............That will not allow defense, so it's coming to be ................mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_shifty:

This IS a demographics shift for the North American Union.......................

people who operate outside of the law get to either conform or find another job. It's not like the bill of rights protects an illegal from ELIGABILITY discrimination... Also, illegals put AMERICANS out of work so I guess we'll just have to call it even. Hometeam gets the ball.

How? I just explained how to use debit card readers in place of federal i9s.

And enjoy your mexican labor. Your nonchalant attitude toward illegal immigration is almost a carbon copy of the apathy involved with wal mart taking over mom and pop stores and killing downtown districts.

You misunderstood me. If you don't allow small business to hire and 1099 people you're going to put a lot of small business on the dole. Thousands of small businesses employ American citizens as independent contractors because they don't have the cash flow to have permanent employees. But you want to put a stop to that...I'm pointing out that your solutions aren't good solutions.

I imagine the legal immigrants will take care of their illegal grandparents and the rest of them will go back to Mexico...that's if things really get that bad, and I really don't think they will (economy wise). I'm pretty sure there aren't that many illegal grandparents, btw. Schools are funded by property taxes and everyone pays them...even the renters in a roundabout way.

You don't think that 8 million current first generation illegals will be THAT MANY illegal grandparents to second and third generation anchor babies? So, by "take care" you mean don't tap into a medical system paid for by the legal portion of citizens? Schools for kids?

BACK to mexico? When.. After this nation has wiped the ass of anyone who wants to take a shit?

and no.. 25 mexicans living in a 2 bedroom apartment are not paying property taxes. I appriciate that you are trying to spit shiine the turd that is illegal immigration but your attitude won't give MEXICANS any reason to make MEXICO better than the shit hole that it is. Indeed, it must be nice to be able to flea to America than conduct your own revolucion. If only the founding fathers had that option, eh?

hmmmmm?

Do I hear echos of terms like PROJECTED and ESTIMATED?

I thought the mighty Snotgun was against that sort of chicanery, no?

psst. your hypocrisy is showing. Might want to tuck it back under.

are you kidding me? are you about to equate smoking with crossing the border?

You misunderstood me. If you don't allow small business to hire and 1099 people you're going to put a lot of small business on the dole. Thousands of small businesses employ American citizens as independent contractors because they don't have the cash flow to have permanent employees. But you want to put a stop to that...I'm pointing out that your solutions aren't good solutions.

I never suggested nixing 1099s or contracted labor. Did you see where I did? I'd love to read a quote if such is the case. But validating employment eligability isn't a significant payroll cost. Hell, if it would be about as drastic as swiping a debit card and entering a pin then I just saved the company cost in labor hours processing I-9s and the supplies it takes to make copies.

If you want to run a business without verifying contractor eligibility then fuckit.. let's go ahead and nix age restrictions too since employers can't be held responsible for anything that might filter out those surfing for loopholes.

I don't think you commented on my solutions so much as misinterpreted my rejection of your 1099 solution to skirting the federal I9.

You'll probably hate me but I plan on using my tax rebate to hire some illegals to put in a new driveway.

How would you close the loophole? Many, many small businesses only hire independent contractors because they don't have the cash flow for permanent employees. You'd put a lot of people out of business.

I sure hope neither you nor anyone in the family ever intends to run for office.

I find it sort of interesting that liberals hire illegals. No wonder you don't want to stem the tide. You're too busy exploiting them.

are you kidding me? are you about to equate smoking with crossing the border?

Nope.

However, rejecting the use of estimates and projections that don't support your view and then trumpeting the use of estimates that do support your view is hypocritical.

As far as the immigration thing goes, I'd split the difference between you and Ravi. I'd favor getting serious about fortifying the borders and then (and only then) granting amnesty to those already here. It would cost a shit load more to try to round them up. And even if we did round them up, where you gonna send them? First, you can't even be certain they're Mexican if they don't say so. And second, Mexico can still refuse to take them back. People that spout off about how they should be rounded up and sent back to where they came from are truly ignorant of how impractical, and costly, that really would be.

I sure hope neither you nor anyone in the family ever intends to run for office.

I find it sort of interesting that liberals hire illegals. No wonder you don't want to stem the tide. You're too busy exploiting them.

Baba, with all due respect, shut the hell up. The big kids are talking. Conservatives are just as, if not moreso, guilty of enabling illegals for the sake of a lowered cost of labor. I trust that Ravir's position is influenced by compassion and empathy more than profit and the bottom line. I don't disagree with her because she takes liberals positions. I disagree with her take on this issue.

Let's just concentrate on not letting any more in. And sending the ones we actually charge with a crime home.

"Funny, the rest of the world doesn't know that Obama OR write are both illegal aliens, dude.. you'd better go email matt drudge!"

:eusa_hand: :razz: :clap2:

Gosh if only there’s was some something in the constitution about those being born in country becoming citizens and not illegals…

"Let's just concentrate on not letting any more in. And sending the ones we actually charge with a crime home."

yes it's what J.C. would have wanted...

I never suggested nixing 1099s or contracted labor. Did you see where I did? I'd love to read a quote if such is the case. But validating employment eligability isn't a significant payroll cost. Hell, if it would be about as drastic as swiping a debit card and entering a pin then I just saved the company cost in labor hours processing I-9s and the supplies it takes to make copies.

If you want to run a business without verifying contractor eligibility then fuckit.. let's go ahead and nix age restrictions too since employers can't be held responsible for anything that might filter out those surfing for loopholes.

I don't think you commented on my solutions so much as misinterpreted my rejection of your 1099 solution to skirting the federal I9.

I can only address one thing at a time and this seemed the easiest. 1099ing people isn't a loophole. It's a perfectly legal and accepted business practice. Hiring underaged labor is not. And the IRS gives out numbers called TINs to people that don't have valid social security numbers. The IRS doesn't care, they just want the tax money. What you are proposing is giving the government control over someone's ability to employ whom they please. Why? Being undocumented is a misdemeanor...will we need to start policing people that don't pay their traffic tickets?

Seriously, I'd like to see that credible cost/benefit analysis because anything else is just more hysterical smoke blowing on either side of the issue.

I like emulating Mitt Romney.

Exploiting them would mean not paying them a fair wage. I am a big believer in paying people a fair wage.

"Let's just concentrate on not letting any more in. And sending the ones we actually charge with a crime home."

yes it's what J.C. would have wanted...

Jesus told us to abide by the laws of the land.

So yes, that's what J.C. would have wanted.
Kindly note I do not advocate shipping out women and children willy nilly.

Forum List

Back