Kung Fu Hustle Is Coming To Netflix

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This Friday, March 15, one of my favorite movies is coming to Netflix.

Kung Fu Hustle (2005)

Is it a comedy? Is it an action movie? Is it a mobster flick? Is it a farce? Is it awesome?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! and Yes!

Watch it in the original Chinese. Not English dubbing.

Good choreography

good humor

Definite farce

Decent special effects.

but seeing it once a year is enough.

and I've already seen it this year

I used to watch it probably once a month. It's been awhile. Maybe I should see it tonight.

A lot of kung fu movies have cheesy humor that doesn't translate well to Western audiences. Kung Fu Hustle had genuinely very funny moments that anybody would find hilarious.

Kung Fu Hustle is one of my favorite martial arts movies.

Another one that is pretty fair with some decent special effects is Shaolin Soccer.

When my niece was about four years old I would babysit her, and put on Kung Fu Hustle to keep her distracted. I used to have video of her trying kung fu moves in front of the television. She loved that movie.

Another one that is pretty fair with some decent special effects is Shaolin Soccer.

I don't think I ever watched Shaolin Soccer all the way through. I'll check it out one of these days.

I don't think I ever watched Shaolin Soccer all the way through. I'll check it out one of these days.

Granted, it starts off a little slow, and the love story can be considered cheesy by some, but when the team starts to get their groove and come together, the game sequences are impressive.

Own it, love it...but IMO, watch the dubbed version. The voice actors are incredible.

"Who's out here throwing knife handles?!?" :lol:

Forum List

Back