Krapopolis

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
From the creators of Rick and Morty. Not as good but I like it enough I'll give it another watch next week. I love how the setting is human history just before we had civilization, societies, laws. On the cusp of when we just killed our neighbors and put their heads on a stake. The main character's parents are Gods. He's a demigod king. He wants to feel safe so he reaches out to his neighbors and invites them to come compete and that becomes the first olympics, long before the official first olympic. No concept of time. No doctors. Long before all that.

My favorite scene was how we made a truce with the wolves. The wolves had a lot of demands. You have to let me sleep in your house. Not only your house, in your bed. It's your responsible to feed me. And you have to take me out to shit and I can shit anywhere I want and after I'm done you have to praise me. LOL.

• Richard Ayoade as Tyrannis, the main protagonist who is the demigod king of Krapopolis
  • Matt Berry as Shlub, Tyrannis's father who is a Manitaur (a centaur/manticore creature) and an unemployed artist
  • Pam Murphy as Stupendous, Tyrannis's sister who is a cyclops with an eyepatch where her right eye is supposed to go.
  • Duncan Trussell as Hippocampus, a fish-like sea monster who is Tyrannis's brother and Stupendous' half-brother. He is an inventor that wears a fishbowl helmet and a bronze baby walker that helps him get around.
  • Hannah Waddingham as Deliria, Tyrannis, Stupendous, and Hippocampus' mother and Shlub's wife who is the Goddess of Self-Destruction and Questionable Choice

I thought it was okay. The humor, compared to Rick and Morty, has kind of been dumbed down for the network TV crowd.

Hannah Waddingham as Deliria is really the main reason for watching it.

I liked the “origin” of the domestication of dogs being that they (dogs) get us to be their servants to feed and shelter them and pick up their poop. That was funny.

I’ll probably keep watching it.

Forum List

Back