Komen Charity Ends Grants To Planned Parenthood

Is PP saying that without the funding from SGK, performing these "educational and referral services" will be eliminated or perhaps degraded significantly?

Those aren't the only services provided, they also do medical exams, checkups and other health care related services.

Planned parent hood does not do mammograms...they give breast exams...they are nothing but a clearing house/ middleman. They get money for this which really could be used to get more women exams...times have change most women are well aware of how to do a self exam and the commercials on TV and radio, bill boards and the internet have educated many more women. Same as prostate exams for men.

Is PP saying that without the funding from SGK, performing these "educational and referral services" will be eliminated or perhaps degraded significantly?

Those aren't the only services provided, they also do medical exams, checkups and other health care related services.

Which are not directly related to the real mission of the Koman Foundation - breast cancer awareness and assistance...

Another victory in the Republican's war on women and the working poor.

Another victory in the Republican's war on infanticide and entitlement programs.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

what a Sad testament to our fall as a society..that 50% of women will have went out and willingly MADE a Child and then doesn't want it so they go out and KILL it..

and you BLAME Republicans...you are disgusting...too bad you weren't aborted.

Last edited:
I don't know what's worse, how completely illogical that statement was or the fact that you are incapable of realizing it.

So, excuses and avoidances aside, are you, or are you not a religious person?

If not, upon what evidence do you make the claim that a zygote is a sentient being?

And if so, is your religion the basis of your argument, or not? If not, then what possible rationale are you basing your assertion that all abortions are "murder"?

Certainly, you're not making an assertion about late-term abortions, as that is not even in the realm of this conversation.

And, if the answers to these questions are: "Yes, I am religious." and "Yes, I am basing my argument upon religious principles." Then shut the hell up and stop wasting my time.

Last edited:
And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

They do have the right to a gun. Unfortunately, they aren't capable of exercising that right yet.

This has to be the greatest exchange I have seen on here in recent memory.

"Conservatives" now believe an embryo has a right to have a gun.

This is awesome.

They do not have to go to planned parent hood to get a mammo...there are plenty of places that give free mammos and the money will just go to those places...there are plenty of ways to give free or reduced mammos to those who are uninsured, vouchers from SBG foundation is one. I am sure it could be set up that most places that do mammos would take take them as payment...they are a private foundation they can give their money to who they want...for those who say they would with hold their support because they won't support abortion is nothing but a political response.

They are a private foundation, and they can do what they want.

And if what they want to do is not in the interests of their donors, then their donors, as private citizens, are free to not donate to them.

Which, in all probability, (due to the nature of the majority of Komen's donors and activist supporters) will effectively bankrupt the foundation.

Which is the whole point.

So, the point of my OP was that people should tell Komen that what they are doing will put them out of business.

That way they have the ability to choose to go forward with their plan, or not, with full knowledge of the consequences of their actions.

what a Sad testament to our fall as a society..that 50% of women will have went out and willingly MADE a Child and then doesn't want it so they go out and KILL it..

and you BLAME Republicans...you are disgusting...too bad you weren't aborted.

No, YOU are disgusting. Trying to insert your religious beliefs into law, to make sure women don't have the freedom to choose whether they want to be pregnant or not.

Why don't you take your Sharia law and enforce it someplace that's used to religious rule of the land, like Iran for instance.

Hey Stephanie, when Newt Gingrich went and got a BJ from his mistress, that was murder, right?

After all, thousands of sperm died.

Last edited:

They do have the right to a gun. Unfortunately, they aren't capable of exercising that right yet.

This is awesome.

oh shut up...Conservatives don't believe any such thing.

Planned parent hood does not do mammograms...they give breast exams...they are nothing but a clearing house/ middleman. They get money for this which really could be used to get more women exams...times have change most women are well aware of how to do a self exam and the commercials on TV and radio, bill boards and the internet have educated many more women. Same as prostate exams for men.

If they are "Nothing but a clearinghouse/middleman", then why are Congressional Conservatives going after them exactly?

This is awesome.

oh shut up...Conservatives don't believe any such thing.

Really? Avatar does.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but "conservatives" believe every person has a right to a gun and an embryo is just an unborn person. So it would logically, stand, that all "conservatives" believe an embryo, as a person, has a right to a gun.

But you say they don't?

So which is it? People don't have a right to a gun or an embryo is not a person?

They are a private foundation, and they can do what they want.

And if what they want to do is not in the interests of their donors, then their donors, as private citizens, are free to not donate to them.

Which, in all probability, (due to the nature of the majority of Komen's donors and activist supporters) will effectively bankrupt the foundation.

Which is the whole point.

So, the point of my OP was that people should tell Komen that what they are doing will put them out of business.

That way they have the ability to choose to go forward with their plan, or not, with full knowledge of the consequences of their actions.

Do you know the size of SGK?

Sure, some "pro choice" folks will abandon this foundation, but an argument can be made that there are some "pro life" folks who will now donate to them because of this action...

This argument is valid based upon how split this nation is on the issue... I also believe there are more "pro choice" folks who recognize the good that comes out of SGK outweighs their pulling funding to PP...

Bankrupting SGK is laughable...

what a Sad testament to our fall as a society..that 50% of women will have went out and willingly MADE a Child and then doesn't want it so they go out and KILL it...
What's a sad testament is that you think those 50% of women went out and willingly chose to get pregnant in the first place.

Another victory in the Republican's war on women and the working poor.

Another victory in the Republican's war on infanticide and entitlement programs.

AND....Another victory in the Republican's war on American freedom.

And if by "entitlement" you mean something I worked for, earned and paid into my whole working life then I could not agree more. I'm fucking ENTITLED.

No, really, you're not.

You're entitled to live in a country that uses those funds to protect you.

Not to pay you back, with interest, when you're too lazy or stupid to earn a check.

I laugh when people say "I've been paying for foodstamps all my life! I deserve them!"

Yeah, for the 2 months you worked, you probably paid about 1.3 cents into the foodstamp program, and nothing towards the federal goverment. Here's your ebt card and 1.3 cents. Knock yourself out, loser.

I wonder if it has occurred to anyone that this organization has withdrawn funding in part because they are aware that abortions hugely increase the risk of breast cancer?

Do you know the size of SGK?

Sure, some "pro choice" folks will abandon this foundation, but an argument can be made that there are some "pro life" folks who will now donate to them because of this action...

This argument is valid based upon how split this nation is on the issue... I also believe there are more "pro choice" folks who recognize the good that comes out of SGK outweighs their pulling funding to PP...

Bankrupting SGK is laughable...

I do know the size of SGK, yes.

I also know that most of the loudest advocates/activist/organizers for SGK are generally women's right groups.

I've actually participated in one of their walks through a women's rights group that an ex-girlfriend of mine worked for.

If SGK loses their organizers and activists, they will die a slow agonizing death through bankruptcy.

Pro-Choice folks will donate still, sure, but the number of members and donations will dwindle, and SGK will lose relevancy.

what a Sad testament to our fall as a society..that 50% of women will have went out and willingly MADE a Child and then doesn't want it so they go out and KILL it...
What's a sad testament is that you think those 50% of women went out and willingly chose to get pregnant in the first place.

well how the fuck did they do it...immaculate conception?
they made the choice to have sex didn't they..

Forum List

Back