Kitchenaid mixer.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
The wife and I have been considering a Kitchenaid mixer for years.
We've always kneaded our dough by hand since we dont often bake homemade bread.
We're now considering getting the Kitchenaid for the bread kneading and the meat grinding/sausage making capabilities.

Anyone have any insight or experience with the Kitchenaid?

At $350 bucks I'd like to know how it performs before buying.

Ad the fact that we'll soon be moving to the boonies where a quick trip to the store for a loaf of bread or ground meat will soon become a chore.

White Ultra Power® Series 4.5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer KSM95WH | KitchenAid

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mdk
We're now considering getting the Kitchenaid for the bread kneading and the meat grinding/sausage making capabilities.

Ad the fact that we'll soon be moving to the boonies where a quick trip to the store for a loaf of bread or ground meat will soon become a chore.

I have never tried it for kneading bread, but I absolutely love my sister's for everything I've done with it, and I desperately want one myself. I hear from everyone I respect in the area of serious cooking that it's worth every penny.

Mine is lime green. My son borrowed my dough hook and never brought it back!

I have never tried it for kneading bread, but I absolutely love my sister's for everything I've done with it, and I desperately want one myself. I hear from everyone I respect in the area of serious cooking that it's worth every penny.

I've heard nothing but good things about these units.
It sounds like it'll fill our baking needs without a problem but I'm more concerned about it fulfilling our meat grinding/sausage making needs.
The reason we're interested is the attachments you can purchase.
Meat grinder/sausage maker,pasta maker,ravioli maker,chopper grater.
It appears to be able to fill a lot of needs.
Just curious if it would be better to buy individual products to perform these tasks.

I love my Kitchenaid ! I've had for about thirty years and use it once or twice a week. It has a nice range of speeds and is heavy so it doesn't travel across the counter when you put it on high. The kneading hook works fine, so does the meat grinder. I highly recommend it. It is worth the money.

I suggest a freezer if you're that far out of the way. If you've got the $$ left, get the KitchenAid.

I suggest a freezer if you're that far out of the way. If you've got the $$ left, get the KitchenAid.

Money isnt an issue.
Fresh bread and custom ground meats are the issue.
Making my own Italian sausage,fennel sausage,breakfast sausage,meatballs,meatloaf,burgers and of course Kolaches and bread.

Money isnt an issue.
Making my own Italian sausage,fennel sausage,breakfast sausage,meatballs,meatloaf,burgers and of course Kolaches and bread.
Well, it sounds like you'd get your money's worth out of it. When I was sharing a house with a friend, I had the use of hers, and it was pretty nifty to be able to put the thing on mix and walk away to get something, especially if it was something you had to beat for minutes on end like meringue.

Money isnt an issue.
Well, it sounds like you'd get your money's worth out of it. When I was sharing a house with a friend, I had the use of hers, and it was pretty nifty to be able to put the thing on mix and walk away to get something, especially if it was something you had to beat for minutes on end like meringue.

Thats what I'm thinking. I love to make Kolaches but the kneading is a bitch!!!

They are awesome! Saves alot of work. There are also bread making machines that you fill come back in a couple of hours and fresh home made bread.

Last edited:

They are awesome! Saves alot of work. There are also bread making machines that you fill come back in a couple of hours and fresh home aid bread.

I love the ability to make homemade bread. The ability to grind meat for various purposes is what we're looking at.
Should I buy a separate meat grinder or is the attachment sufficient?

They are awesome! Saves alot of work. There are also bread making machines that you fill come back in a couple of hours and fresh home aid bread.

I love the ability to make homemade bread. The ability to grind meat for various purposes is what we're looking at.
Should I buy a separate meat grinder or is the attachment sufficient?
I see no need for attachment. Mine does ever thing I do in the kitchen. Seperate bread maker though, stirs and cooks just fill and walk away. Even has a timer on it so the bread can be done when I get off work. Between that and crock pot I have an awesome meal waiting for me when I open the door.

I do not recommend the tilt-head version - and a 4.5 Qt bowl is too small if you want to make more than one loaf of bread. Sadly, the KitchenAid quality has gone down over the past years as they became colorful accessories instead of working appliances. But if you're going to get one, go with the lift bowl version (which now comes in a 6 or even a 7 quart model).

Sugar Pearl Silver Pro Line® Series 7 Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer KSM7586PSR | KitchenAid

I have an old Professional model from 1992 with a 5 quart bowl. Its great for kneading bread - but I wish the bowl were bigger.

Someday, I am going to get one of these:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/ankarsrum-original-stand-mixer-mineral-white

Forum List

Back