Johnson Kiss of Death to Libertarian Party 2016

Discussion in 'Gary Johnson' started by Zander, Jul 20, 2016.

1. AnCap'n_Murica

AnCap'n_Murica Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    Anyone who believes it's the state's place to tell a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake, and says that central planning of incomes should be up for conversation has no libertarian roots. Indeed, he dilutes the term "libertarian".

I woke up to find Rand and Rothbard are right. I sincerely hope you one day come to the same conclusion, even though it may have taken more than the standard six months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,361
    The purpose of government is to keep other extortionists off their turf

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,351

The Libertarian Party is not Libertarian. It's the new home for failed GOP governors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AnCap'n_Murica

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    rothbard.jpg

5. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,361
    I think Hoppe and Rothbard got it wrong. The right questions include::

Since central banks were developed by the Dutch as an instrument of defensive war during their 80 year war of independence the right question is how to keep the damn things from interfering with the economy in peacetime and how to keep it available when actually needed?.

What is the least obnoxious way to tax?

How can restoration of voting rights to felons not include the right to bear arms?

There are other questions obviously but these are three that do need to be addressed.

6. AnCap'n_Murica

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    The least obnoxious way to tax is not tax at all.

Why would anarchists want to vote?

7. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,805
    How many Arab countries did the GOP candidates want to carpet-bomb next year? (except for Rand Paul)

Which of GOP candidates wants to enforce EXISTING immigration law? Law that would STOP Mexican illegals tomorrow. THEY MAINTAIN the problem for their interests. It is ILLEGAL to hire undocumented workers. End of immediate crisis. No wall necessary. AND THEN you can be much more LIBERAL about work visas and handing out documentation.

Trump is not a Conservative. He will expand and empower govt to make his "deals". And no one is really gonna like his "deals". Those 2 governors KNOW some humility. And humility in govt is a GOOD and rare thing..

8. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,805
    Rand and Rothbard are not available to run. Who's your next choices? John Stossel or Penn Gillete might be available. Or maybe you wanted McAffee. The guy who woke up in Guatemala and couldn't figure out why he was there.

And WTF is this nonsense about "central planning of incomes should be up for conversation"?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  9. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,351
    You need to make up your mind. Are you a Libertarian or a Conservative? You sound as confused as Johnson who thinks a Libertarian is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. That is the epitome of ignorance!

Personally, I'm glad Trump isn't a Conservative. Conservatives candidates and Conservative politicians pretty much suck. They talk like they want smaller government, then pass gargantuan spending bills and hundreds of new laws, rules, and regulations. They're full of shit.

Feel free to vote Johnson/Weld, it's your right. Just know that they are two dried out old GOP governors that couldn't sit at the big boy table and have ZERO chance of winning. They'll be lucky to break 1% and I guarantee they won't win even a single electoral vote.

10. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,805
    Isn't me that has a political identity problem here. That's QUITE obvious. I'll take the bet on the "one" electoral vote. You're under-rating the anger and disgust that turn out Independents in droves. I think New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, maybe New Hampshire and Nevada --- all in play. Not to mention the 3 or 6 states that are NOT winner take all.

Since you're so confused -- I'd feel bad stealing money from you. I have principles you know.