Johnson Kiss of Death to Libertarian Party 2016

It's good to see establishment republicans realizing that the GOP has lost its way.

It's not just the Country Club Repubs. Anyone that gets run over --- Tea Party, Libertarian Repubs, etc need sanctuary status somewhere. No where to go really BECAUSE of the duopoly.

Next week we'll be counting the fractures in YOUR party. Have a lot of plaster for the casts handy.
We'll be putting out a welcome mat to your political refugees. Doughnuts and blankets and all..

Romney could deliver Utah to Johnson.

And given how far behind Trump is, he's going to need every electoral vote he can get.

If it's TRUE - then on the other hand - you have TWO former governors of Mass (Weld and Romney). that could make bigger numbers in that state as well.

Yup.

It's a strange election when the two candidates with the most executive experience are on the Libertarian ticket.

It's good to see establishment republicans realizing that the GOP has lost its way.

It's not just the Country Club Repubs. Anyone that gets run over --- Tea Party, Libertarian Repubs, etc need sanctuary status somewhere. No where to go really BECAUSE of the duopoly.

Next week we'll be counting the fractures in YOUR party. Have a lot of plaster for the casts handy.
We'll be putting out a welcome mat to your political refugees. Doughnuts and blankets and all..
Somehow I don't think the Dems will be experiencing the same level of emotional angst.

The establishment republicans -Johnson/Weld- have infiltrated the LP. Poorly camouflaged mush republican cast-offs are why I long ago gave up on political solutions to anything in general, and the LP in particular.

The establishment republicans -Johnson/Weld- have infiltrated the LP. Poorly camouflaged mush republican cast-offs are why I long ago gave up on political solutions to anything in general, and the LP in particular.
Really? Are they influencing the LP? I remember when Dubya was pres most libers leaned left.

Really? Are they influencing the LP? I remember when Dubya was pres most libers leaned left.
Both republican retreads Bob Barr and Johnson have influenced the party, for the worse.

There really hasn't been a worthy LP candidate since Harry Browne, and even he accepted behind-the-scenes shenanigans to gain his second nomination in 2000.

Like the article I just posted notes, the LP has to stake out some sort of solid position, other than 'Well, at least we're better than those lame republicans".

Last edited:

Reaaally? No clear choice? No Libertarian roots?

You prefer carpet-bombing 4 Arab countries NEXT year?
You think Repubs actually are dedicated to ending corporate handouts and govt/corpor collusion?

You really think that defending individual choice and freedom is gonna be served by electing Clinton or Trump?
Think EITHER of those egomaniacs are gonna hesitate to use ALL the minions of the damned in D.C. -- the IRS, OSHA, EPA, Commerce, DOJ to enforce their deals?
Think those 2 re-tred power whore have ANY political compass at all?

I've been in the LP for about 25 years. Seen us put up candidate after candidate who ran ice cream businesses and thought marijuana was a political platform. THEY are the ones that damaged the LP.

There's a diff between a primadonna debating society and a political movement designed for governing. You DO need executive experience -- not absolute purity. AND you do need REALISM about the starting points you are handed to govern from. I'm not interested in "purity". I'm interested in IDEAS, accomplishments and principles.

Have no idea what YOU think is a qualification for leading the most powerful and complex country in the world. Harry Browne was a good "educator" on Libertarian principles. But he only resonated with the dogmatic. Not with folks that are looking at a country heading straight DOWN the TUBES.

Those demands of governing will OVERRIDE any unicorn and rainbows Libertarian miracles that you imagine that a worthy guy like Harry Browne might have pulled off. It's a FUCKING emergency. I don't think you're seeing and hearing the looming disasters for this country.

Anyone who believes it's the state's place to tell a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake, and says that central planning of incomes should be up for conversation has no libertarian roots. Indeed, he dilutes the term "libertarian".

I woke up to find Rand and Rothbard are right. I sincerely hope you one day come to the same conclusion, even though it may have taken more than the standard six months.

Anyone who believes it's the state's place to tell a Jewish baker to make a Nazi cake, and says that central planning of incomes should be up for conversation has no libertarian roots. Indeed, he dilutes the term "libertarian".

I woke up to find Rand and Rothbard are right. I sincerely hope you one day come to the same conclusion, even though it may have taken more than the standard six months.

The purpose of government is to keep other extortionists off their turf

The Libertarian Party is not Libertarian. It's the new home for failed GOP governors.

rothbard.jpg

I think Hoppe and Rothbard got it wrong. The right questions include::

Since central banks were developed by the Dutch as an instrument of defensive war during their 80 year war of independence the right question is how to keep the damn things from interfering with the economy in peacetime and how to keep it available when actually needed?.

What is the least obnoxious way to tax?

How can restoration of voting rights to felons not include the right to bear arms?

There are other questions obviously but these are three that do need to be addressed.

The Libertarian Party is not Libertarian. It's the new home for failed GOP governors.

How many Arab countries did the GOP candidates want to carpet-bomb next year? (except for Rand Paul)

Which of GOP candidates wants to enforce EXISTING immigration law? Law that would STOP Mexican illegals tomorrow. THEY MAINTAIN the problem for their interests. It is ILLEGAL to hire undocumented workers. End of immediate crisis. No wall necessary. AND THEN you can be much more LIBERAL about work visas and handing out documentation.

Trump is not a Conservative. He will expand and empower govt to make his "deals". And no one is really gonna like his "deals". Those 2 governors KNOW some humility. And humility in govt is a GOOD and rare thing..

Rand and Rothbard are not available to run. Who's your next choices? John Stossel or Penn Gillete might be available. Or maybe you wanted McAffee. The guy who woke up in Guatemala and couldn't figure out why he was there.

And WTF is this nonsense about "central planning of incomes should be up for conversation"?

Last edited:

How many Arab countries did the GOP candidates want to carpet-bomb next year? (except for Rand Paul)

Which of GOP candidates wants to enforce EXISTING immigration law? Law that would STOP Mexican illegals tomorrow. THEY MAINTAIN the problem for their interests. It is ILLEGAL to hire undocumented workers. End of immediate crisis. No wall necessary. AND THEN you can be much more LIBERAL about work visas and handing out documentation.

Trump is not a Conservative. He will expand and empower govt to make his "deals". And no one is really gonna like his "deals". Those 2 governors KNOW some humility. And humility in govt is a GOOD and rare thing..

You need to make up your mind. Are you a Libertarian or a Conservative? You sound as confused as Johnson who thinks a Libertarian is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. That is the epitome of ignorance!

Personally, I'm glad Trump isn't a Conservative. Conservatives candidates and Conservative politicians pretty much suck. They talk like they want smaller government, then pass gargantuan spending bills and hundreds of new laws, rules, and regulations. They're full of shit.

Feel free to vote Johnson/Weld, it's your right. Just know that they are two dried out old GOP governors that couldn't sit at the big boy table and have ZERO chance of winning. They'll be lucky to break 1% and I guarantee they won't win even a single electoral vote.

You need to make up your mind. Are you a Libertarian or a Conservative? You sound as confused as Johnson who thinks a Libertarian is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. That is the epitome of ignorance!

Personally, I'm glad Trump isn't a Conservative. Conservatives candidates and Conservative politicians pretty much suck. They talk like they want smaller government, then pass gargantuan spending bills and hundreds of new laws, rules, and regulations. They're full of shit.

Feel free to vote Johnson/Weld, it's your right. Just know that they are two dried out old GOP governors that couldn't sit at the big boy table and have ZERO chance of winning. They'll be lucky to break 1% and I guarantee they won't win even a single electoral vote.

Isn't me that has a political identity problem here. That's QUITE obvious. I'll take the bet on the "one" electoral vote. You're under-rating the anger and disgust that turn out Independents in droves. I think New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, maybe New Hampshire and Nevada --- all in play. Not to mention the 3 or 6 states that are NOT winner take all.

Since you're so confused -- I'd feel bad stealing money from you. I have principles you know.

Forum List

Back