Kim Davis Is About To Get A BIG Surprise In Her Hometown

55f33565140000d8012e579b.jpeg

We can't wait to see how this turns out.

Anti-gay marriage clerk Kim Davis is about to get a rude awakening in her hometown.

Non-profit organization Planting Peace just erected the above billboard in Davis' hometown of Morehead, Kentucky. The message is plain and simple -- if Davis is going to use Biblical rhetoric to justify her opposition to same-sex marriage, she might want to take a closer look at how else marriage has been redefined in relation to the book's sacred teachings.

"The intent of this billboard is to expose how the anti-LGBT movement is selective in what rules to follow and how they choose to define 'traditional' institutions or values," Aaron Jackson, president of Planting Peace, told The Huffington Post. "It's important and relevant to call this out, because the actions of Kim Davis and the messages from the anti-LGBTQ movement are not simply about a political or religious debate. There are LGBT youth across the world who are taking their lives at an alarming rate because of these messages from society that make them feel broken or less than. We have to meet hate with love, intolerance with compassion. Our message to our LGBT youth is simple: You are loved, valued, supported, and beautiful. There is nothing wrong with you, and we will stand by you. You are not alone."

Planting Peace is the organization behind The Equality House, the rainbow building that sits in direct opposition to the Westboro Baptist Church compound.

In the past, the house, which was first painted the colors of the rainbow flag in March 2013, has played host to a child's lemonade stand for peace, a gay wedding, a drag show and a fictional wedding between Dumbledore and Gandalf -- all essentially on the anti-gay church's front lawn.

We hope you understand the Bible a bit better now, Kim!

Why do religious zealots only selectively interpret the Bible? I say they should practice all or none! One does not need to be a religious nut to be a good and honorable person. Human morality predates the Bible.

I love it, I love it.

Davis and her pathetic homophobic followers and her freak scarecrow husband should be shamed and ridiculed.

You want them to be tolerant and accepting, but then you turn around and say very intolerant things about country people.

Wrong. What is being said is about bigots who just happen to be country people.

Sticking up for there religious believes is not bigotry.
This was not handled right from the very beginning and should have had something worked out where both believes could have been satisfied.
It has been done in other areas of the country.

Whose responsibility is it to "work something out"?

55f33565140000d8012e579b.jpeg

We can't wait to see how this turns out.

Anti-gay marriage clerk Kim Davis is about to get a rude awakening in her hometown.

Non-profit organization Planting Peace just erected the above billboard in Davis' hometown of Morehead, Kentucky. The message is plain and simple -- if Davis is going to use Biblical rhetoric to justify her opposition to same-sex marriage, she might want to take a closer look at how else marriage has been redefined in relation to the book's sacred teachings.

"The intent of this billboard is to expose how the anti-LGBT movement is selective in what rules to follow and how they choose to define 'traditional' institutions or values," Aaron Jackson, president of Planting Peace, told The Huffington Post. "It's important and relevant to call this out, because the actions of Kim Davis and the messages from the anti-LGBTQ movement are not simply about a political or religious debate. There are LGBT youth across the world who are taking their lives at an alarming rate because of these messages from society that make them feel broken or less than. We have to meet hate with love, intolerance with compassion. Our message to our LGBT youth is simple: You are loved, valued, supported, and beautiful. There is nothing wrong with you, and we will stand by you. You are not alone."

Planting Peace is the organization behind The Equality House, the rainbow building that sits in direct opposition to the Westboro Baptist Church compound.

In the past, the house, which was first painted the colors of the rainbow flag in March 2013, has played host to a child's lemonade stand for peace, a gay wedding, a drag show and a fictional wedding between Dumbledore and Gandalf -- all essentially on the anti-gay church's front lawn.

We hope you understand the Bible a bit better now, Kim!

Why do religious zealots only selectively interpret the Bible? I say they should practice all or none! One does not need to be a religious nut to be a good and honorable person. Human morality predates the Bible.

I love it, I love it.

Davis and her pathetic homophobic followers and her freak scarecrow husband should be shamed and ridiculed.

You want them to be tolerant and accepting, but then you turn around and say very intolerant things about country people.

Wrong. What is being said is about bigots who just happen to be country people.

Sticking up for there religious believes is not bigotry.
This was not handled right from the very beginning and should have had something worked out where both believes could have been satisfied.
It has been done in other areas of the country.

Whose responsibility is it to "work something out"?
She has several ways, still, of dealing with this and so far has used none of them. We can only go so far to protect the stupid from themselves.

You know...............there was a Muslim airline stewardess a while ago who asked for an exemption to her job, because she didn't think that as a devout Muslim she should have to serve alcohol to the airline passengers.

They gave her an exemption for a bit, but then decided that if her faith was going to interfere with her doing her job, she should find employment elsewhere.

Many Americans applauded the decision to let the stewardess go rather than be allowed to impose her religious views on those who didn't have a problem with having a drink.

This is the same thing. Davis is saying that her job is interfering with her faith, and she's requesting exemptions to keep her job.

Well...........part of her job requires her to issue marriage licenses to people that are legally able to get married, and this includes gays.

Why is it that when a Muslim does something like this, it's seen as keeping Sharia Law and faith from being imposed on others, but when a Christian does damn near the same thing, it's seen as an attack on Christians?

It is one thing for consideration and exemptions if the duty by other workers is not hampered, but the stewardess forced her coworkers to complain about her not doing enough during the flight. That is why the exemption was later denied.

The good Dimocrat, Kimmy Davis.

She doesn't get a pass for hateful behavior. It doesn't matter what party she registered as.

Just like her fellow elected Dims in sanctuary cities, Dims have a history of not following federal laws.

If they are breaking federal laws, it should be easy enough to take them to court to stop them. If the right owns state government like you say, why haven't you done that?

Take California for instance, think Jerry Moonbeam and the California Assembly is going to do anything about sanctuary cities like San Francisco ?

Or here in Oregon, think our bi-sexual governor and Dimocrat locked up legislature going to do anything about Portland's sanctuary status ?

I want to make sure that I understand you, Dig. You want the state government, which has no immigration laws or jurisdiction over city law, to force the city of San Francisco, which also has no immigrations laws, to enforce federal laws, of which they have no authority or jurisdiction.

Don't give up your day job to practice law, Digital.

Let me get this straight, you don't believe state government has any authority whatsoever to pressure city governments in their state to end their sanctuary status ?

She doesn't get a pass for hateful behavior. It doesn't matter what party she registered as.

Just like her fellow elected Dims in sanctuary cities, Dims have a history of not following federal laws.

If they are breaking federal laws, it should be easy enough to take them to court to stop them. If the right owns state government like you say, why haven't you done that?

Take California for instance, think Jerry Moonbeam and the California Assembly is going to do anything about sanctuary cities like San Francisco ?

Or here in Oregon, think our bi-sexual governor and Dimocrat locked up legislature going to do anything about Portland's sanctuary status ?

I want to make sure that I understand you, Dig. You want the state government, which has no immigration laws or jurisdiction over city law, to force the city of San Francisco, which also has no immigrations laws, to enforce federal laws, of which they have no authority or jurisdiction.

Let me get this straight, you don't believe state government has any authority whatsoever to pressure city governments in their state to end their sanctuary status ?

That is correct. And the federal government has no authority to do anything about sanctuary cites, either. The GOP said that they were going to pass a bill that would cut off federal grants of any kind to sanctuary cities, and Obama said that if they did, he would veto it. That was the end of it.

That is correct. And the federal government has no authority to do anything about sanctuary cites, either. The GOP said that they were going to pass a bill that would cut off federal grants of any kind to sanctuary cities, and Obama said that if they did, he would veto it. That was the end of it.

You are stupid.

OF COURSE the state governments can force cities to comply and the federal government can force states to comply.

Now whether they will or not, is a different matter.

PATHETIC that we would even need a special bill to tell cities that they MUST comply with federal law.

Try reading the COTUS , specifically the supremacy clause instead of just saying "hey I don't like that federal law, so it's okay if cities disregard it"

Fucking moron.

You are stupid.

OF COURSE the state governments can force cities to comply and the federal government can force states to comply.

PATHETIC that we would even need a special bill to tell cities that they MUST comply with federal law.

Try reading the COTUS , specifically the supremacy clause instead of just saying "hey I don't like that federal law, so it's okay if cities disregard it"

Fucking moron.

Bear, you get an "F" on the pop quiz. Cities do not have jurisdiction over anyone violating federal law. They may, and do, turn over people to the feds undocumented immigrants arrested for violating city law, but they do not have to. They certainly are not going to start banging one people's doors and demanding to see their green cards. that is illegal profiling.

You are stupid.

Fucking moron.

Bear, you get an "F" on the pop quiz. Cities do not have jurisdiction over anyone violating federal law. They may, and do, turn over people to the feds undocumented immigrants arrested for violating city law, but they do not have to. They certainly are not going to start banging one people's doors and demanding to see their green cards. that is illegal profiling.

Of course they do stupid.

For instance, murder is either a state crime or a federal crime, it is not a municipal crime. However, if you get pulled over by a city cop and he realizes you're wanted by the state for murder he isn't going to say "well cities can't enforce state crimes , so off you go"

Nor can a city say "we're not going to arrest people for murder in our jurisdiction"

You fucking retard.

I've seen amish working in "english" grocery stores at the electronic registers. Not all are puritanical and occasionally you will see them on planes, buses and in cars as passengers.

There are times when all people have to catch up or work with others in ways they might not particularly want to.

There are a fair percentage of hindus that follow the vedic ways and eat meat. They find no contradiction in their faith. Only a third are strict vegetarians.

As for Christian, Jesus spoke against the practice of the Pharisees and their following the letter of the laws. They missed the meaning and reasons behind the ancient laws in the zeal and it bred hatred of the rest of the people. Now it seems too many are ignoring the teachings of Jesus and breeding hate through their faith.

You are stupid.

Fucking moron.

Of course they do stupid.

For instance, murder is either a state crime or a federal crime, it is not a municipal crime. However, if you get pulled over by a city cop and he realizes you're wanted by the state for murder he isn't going to say "well cities can't enforce state crimes , so off you go"

Nor can a city say "we're not going to arrest people for murder in our jurisdiction"

You fucking retard.

Bear, is it even possible for you to develop enough maturity to avoid using the words, "stupid",and, "fucking retard"?

There is no city OR state immigration law. There is only a federal immigration law. A city can not try anyone for being an illegal immigrant. They have no such court for that, law for that, or jurisdiction for that. They are not allowed to stop and ask anyone for proof of citizenship, unless there is probable cause that such person has broken a law within their jurisdiction. Murder, for example, is a state crime, but city and state police often voluntarily work together to enforce each other's laws. There is no law that requires that they do. In fact, in MANY cases, local and state law enforcement have major problems cooperating with each other, because they are very jealous of their own turf.

No. There is no law that says that the city police must apprehend state law breakers. They just do that, voluntarily.

Of course, if you can quote a statute in the California code that makes it illegal for a city policeman to fail to cooperate with a state law criminal investigation, please feel free to quote it. Colorado, for example, is under no obligation to turn over marijuana growers to the Feds, Colorado LICENCES marijuana growers, for crying out loud. Yet, there is a federal law against have a marijuana plant. And the feds can't do a damned thing about Colorado for not turning these people in.

You know...............there was a Muslim airline stewardess a while ago who asked for an exemption to her job, because she didn't think that as a devout Muslim she should have to serve alcohol to the airline passengers.

They gave her an exemption for a bit, but then decided that if her faith was going to interfere with her doing her job, she should find employment elsewhere.

Many Americans applauded the decision to let the stewardess go rather than be allowed to impose her religious views on those who didn't have a problem with having a drink.

This is the same thing. Davis is saying that her job is interfering with her faith, and she's requesting exemptions to keep her job.

Well...........part of her job requires her to issue marriage licenses to people that are legally able to get married, and this includes gays.

Why is it that when a Muslim does something like this, it's seen as keeping Sharia Law and faith from being imposed on others, but when a Christian does damn near the same thing, it's seen as an attack on Christians?

It is one thing for consideration and exemptions if the duty by other workers is not hampered, but the stewardess forced her coworkers to complain about her not doing enough during the flight. That is why the exemption was later denied.

Well, if she's not going to issue licenses to gay couples, that is going to increase the workload of her co-workers.

No exemption should be given, she ought to be fired.

Forum List

Back