Kids of lesbians have fewer behavioral problems, study suggests

Something interesting.....

the Author of the Study is this woman..... Nanette Gartrell, M.D...... the woman pictured on the left....

Her spouse...,. the woman pictured on the right... is Dee Mosbacher, MD.

So... what we have is a Lesbian doing a favorable study on .... LESBIANS!!!

Wow... thats credible.

In other news.... BP investigated BP and found they are not responsible for the oil spill.

Totally different than conservatives doing a negative study on:
Gays
Lesbians
Liberals
Mexicans
Blacks
Universities
Scientists
Artists
Musicians
Writers

Basically anything not white and Christian.

Bigoted much?...

:)

peace...

Not much.

Of course, I'm not anti:
Gays
Lesbians
Liberals
Mexicans
Blacks
Universities
Scientists
Artists
Musicians
Writers

The way conservatives are.

Totally different than conservatives doing a negative study on:
Gays
Lesbians
Liberals
Mexicans
Blacks
Universities
Scientists
Artists
Musicians
Writers

Basically anything not white and Christian.

Bigoted much?...

peace...

Not much.

Of course, I'm not anti:
Gays
Lesbians
Liberals
Mexicans
Blacks
Universities
Scientists
Artists
Musicians
Writers

The way conservatives are.

I'm not Anti ANY of those on your List.

Nor are Conservatives in General...

Stop being a Fucking Douchebag. ;0

peace...

(CNN) -- A nearly 25-year study concluded that children raised in lesbian households were psychologically well-adjusted and had fewer behavioral problems than their peers.
The study, published Monday in the journal Pediatrics, followed 78 lesbian couples who conceived through sperm donations and assessed their children's well-being through a series of questionnaires and interviews.

Kids of lesbians have fewer behavioral problems, study suggests - CNN.com

Thats very funny because I happen to know 3 children growing up in lesbian households... None of them are well adjusted... Studies like that are bullshit.. Children do not come out and say they are maladjusted or feel odd. At a young age one of the most devastating things is a lack of acceptance of your peers.

You ask 20 kids if they feel they "fit in" or any such thing and unless you personally know that child and he or she trusts you implicitly you will get 20 resounding answers of "yes".... Children can and will lie rather than make themselves vulnerable to anyone other than their closest and most trusted friends. And even those friends are often kept unaware of how they really feel.

I have been coaching children in sports, and teaching self-defense to them for 17 years now. Believe me no child will tell a person with a clipboard full of questions how they really feel or how they think, and especially not any who have a family/home life that is not atypical of their peers.. Children do not share real personal issues with survey takers or researchers, and its dangerous to think so...

I'm not saying lesbian/gay relationships themselves are worse for children. I am saying that those relationships have no more ability to give a more stable and well adjusted environment than any other...

(CNN) -- A nearly 25-year study concluded that children raised in lesbian households were psychologically well-adjusted and had fewer behavioral problems than their peers.
The study, published Monday in the journal Pediatrics, followed 78 lesbian couples who conceived through sperm donations and assessed their children's well-being through a series of questionnaires and interviews.

Thats very funny because I happen to know 3 children growing up in lesbian households... None of them are well adjusted... Studies like that are bullshit.. Children do not come out and say they are maladjusted or feel odd. At a young age one of the most devastating things is a lack of acceptance of your peers.

You ask 20 kids if they feel they "fit in" or any such thing and unless you personally know that child and he or she trusts you implicitly you will get 20 resounding answers of "yes".... Children can and will lie rather than make themselves vulnerable to anyone other than their closest and most trusted friends. And even those friends are often kept unaware of how they really feel.

I have been coaching children in sports, and teaching self-defense to them for 17 years now. Believe me no child will tell a person with a clipboard full of questions how they really feel or how they think, and especially not any who have a family/home life that is not atypical of their peers.. Children do not share real personal issues with survey takers or researchers, and its dangerous to think so...

I'm not saying lesbian/gay relationships themselves are worse for children. I am saying that those relationships have no more ability to give a more stable and well adjusted environment than any other...

What is it about them that would make you state that they are not "well-adjusted"?

What is it about them that would make you state that they are not "well-adjusted"?

Well one of them has no idea how to act like a teenage girl... She seems out of place when ever the talk amongst her peers turns to average teenage girl talk. She also rarely looks people in the eyes, and remains almost mute until she has to give a direct audible reply. I only coach the girls in skills for softball and can only do that in between wrestling and Baseball for the boys, the girls coaches and I try to work practices together to save time.

They told me she was a problem because she wouldn't listen and seemed inattentive or daydreaming in the field. I worked with her as much as I could over the pre-season and upon familiarity with me and my kids she is a completely different kid with me. That's because of the trust factor I have earned with her. She is better with her coaches but they tell me when I am there she is a different kid.

I love that kid and all, but shes not very well adjusted... Maybe its not due to her parenting, and maybe its a factor I have no way of knowing that. I just know she is not very well adjusted...

Another child is a boy about 14. He has issues with aggression and is constantly in trouble for fighting... I know very little about this kid because he is rarely able to participate regularly due to his behavioral issues.

The other child is another male about 15. he is a great kid but has problems with standing up for himself with other males his age. Anyone who knows male teenagers knows they are testing themselves at that age, and in so doing often try and see who they can bully or how much they can get away with. With this child they pretty much walk all over him... he is a big kid who I see taking nonsense from boys half his size, and not just to get along either.. He is bothered by it we all see it but just will not stand up for himself. I try and do things to build his confidence, but as of yet it only works short term. He starts to feel good about himself and then all it takes is one boy to tease him a bit and he goes right back...

Again this does not reflect on his parents directly in regards to their parental relationships or roles. But it does not give the impression gay/lesbian relationships are better as the OP made the impression using the survey...

Well one of them has no idea how to act like a teenage girl... She seems out of place when ever the talk amongst her peers turns to average teenage girl talk. She also rarely looks people in the eyes, and remains almost mute until she has to give a direct audible reply. I only coach the girls in skills for softball and can only do that in between wrestling and Baseball for the boys, the girls coaches and I try to work practices together to save time.

Sounds like she's very shy....something I see in many teenagers...

They told me she was a problem because she wouldn't listen and seemed inattentive or daydreaming in the field. I worked with her as much as I could over the pre-season and upon familiarity with me and my kids she is a completely different kid with me. That's because of the trust factor I have earned with her. She is better with her coaches but they tell me when I am there she is a different kid.

Do you think this is because of her parents?

I love that kid and all, but shes not very well adjusted... Maybe its not due to her parenting, and maybe its a factor I have no way of knowing that. I just know she is not very well adjusted...

I'm not hearing much to believe that she's that much out of the norm for teenagers...just not as outgoing as you expect her to be. She might even be a little emo....like about 20 % of teens are.

Another child is a boy about 14. He has issues with aggression and is constantly in trouble for fighting... I know very little about this kid because he is rarely able to participate regularly due to his behavioral issues.

I know lots of aggressive teenage boys....funny how they are the children of straight parents. Maybe I was wrong about the parents. :eusa_eh:

The other child is another male about 15. he is a great kid but has problems with standing up for himself with other males his age. Anyone who knows male teenagers knows they are testing themselves at that age, and in so doing often try and see who they can bully or how much they can get away with. With this child they pretty much walk all over him... he is a big kid who I see taking nonsense from boys half his size, and not just to get along either.. He is bothered by it we all see it but just will not stand up for himself. I try and do things to build his confidence, but as of yet it only works short term. He starts to feel good about himself and then all it takes is one boy to tease him a bit and he goes right back...

Again this does not reflect on his parents directly in regards to their parental relationships or roles. But it does not give the impression gay/lesbian relationships are better as the OP made the impression using the survey...

Actually, I know quite a few teenagers...and many of all three types you have described...and I would consider them within the norm of teenagers....after all, teens ARE temporarily insane. :doubt:

Is there anything that you have seen that leads you to believe that these kids are not loved by their parents?

Last edited:
Mankind was made to reproduce as a man and woman for a reason.
Either they were created that way by God... or you believe it was evolution. Even with evolution, the survival of the fittest would tell you taht a man and woman reproducing is natural.

I'm not hearing much to believe that she's that much out of the norm for teenagers...just not as outgoing as you expect her to be. She might even be a little emo....like about 20 % of teens are.

I know lots of aggressive teenage boys....funny how they are the children of straight parents. Maybe I was wrong about the parents. :eusa_eh:

Actually, I know quite a few teenagers...and many of all three types you have described...and I would consider them within the norm of teenagers....after all, teens ARE temporarily insane. :doubt:

Is there anything that you have seen that leads you to believe that these kids are not loved by their parents?

Knew you would attempt to change what I said and twist my post around bode and you didn't disappoint...

First..... Notice I said this and made the point a few times in that post and my previous post...

Yeah said that at the end of the third paragraph when I was talking about the first kid.... So looking at your question regarding it above, we can see you didn't even bother to read but a few lines.. I also noticed you left out that paragraph from your quote.... Nice work....

SO you are caught once again trying to twist what I said into something polarized you can cry about..... My posts were NOT making a claim against gay/lesbian parents, it was against the claims the OP made and the survey they used. So you can stop trying to lie and change what I said now....

I have several kids per team bode... THose aren't the norm.. Anywhere between 13-35 kids depending on the sport I coach or train all year round. A lot of years now.... I think i would be a fair judge of how normal teenagers act... THese kids are not the norm, and as I said it does not mean its because they have gay/lesbian parents...

Moreover, the OP article and survey made they claim children from gay/lesbian parents are better adjusted than others... That was what I was opposing, but you would have to READ what I wrote first to know that.....

Now grow up and debate what I DO say, not what you want me to say....

Knew you would attempt to change what I said and twist my post around bode and you didn't disappoint...

First..... Notice I said this and made the point a few times in that post and my previous post...

Yeah said that at the end of the third paragraph when I was talking about the first kid.... So looking at your question regarding it above, we can see you didn't even bother to read but a few lines.. I also noticed you left out that paragraph from your quote.... Nice work....

SO you are caught once again trying to twist what I said into something polarized you can cry about..... My posts were NOT making a claim against gay/lesbian parents, it was against the claims the OP made and the survey they used. So you can stop trying to lie and change what I said now....

I have several kids per team bode... THose aren't the norm.. Anywhere between 13-35 kids depending on the sport I coach or train all year round. A lot of years now.... I think i would be a fair judge of how normal teenagers act... THese kids are not the norm, and as I said it does not mean its because they have gay/lesbian parents...

Moreover, the OP article and survey made they claim children from gay/lesbian parents are better adjusted than others... That was what I was opposing, but you would have to READ what I wrote first to know that.....

Yes, I saw your nice little caveat....it was about as useful as saying "I don't want to criticize, but...."

You hold up these three kids as somehow not being well-adjusted...and I point out that they don't appear any less well-adjusted as MOST teenagers. So...since you hold them up, what is it about their gay parents that makes you think that these three are not well-adjusted over ALL the teenagers you see you work with?

Yes, I saw your nice little caveat....it was about as useful as saying "I don't want to criticize, but...."

You hold up these three kids as somehow not being well-adjusted...and I point out that they don't appear any less well-adjusted as MOST teenagers. So...since you hold them up, what is it about their gay parents that makes you think that these three are not well-adjusted over ALL the teenagers you see you work with?

Teach or coach them do you?

Again you are flat lying about what I said bode.....

YOU asked me specifics as to why I felt they were maladjusted... I gave them and made it very clear I did not say it was BECAUSE of their lesbian/gay parents. I gave them as a reference to the false claims the article survey made about lesbian/gay parented kids being BETTER adjusted....

Now if all you want to do is lie about what I say, I am done with you... You have one more chance to show you are wanting real debate on the OP or MY words and claims as they are. If you try and make up shit or lie about what I said once more I am done talking to you with any respect or decency.. This is too many times i have given you chances only to have you pull this shit again....

Debate the OP or what I DID say not what you want to argue over.....

I've never heard of two lesbians having a child, that's a modern medical miracle right there.

Mankind was made to reproduce as a man and woman for a reason.
Either they were created that way by God... or you believe it was evolution. Even with evolution, the survival of the fittest would tell you taht a man and woman reproducing is natural.

Faith in a God is Irrelevant...

EVERY "Homosexual" is Designed in Nature to ProCreate with the Opposite Sex and NO Same Sex Coupling has EVER Produced Life... Ever.

Homosexuality is either a Bad Wiring Issue or a Personal Deviant Choice...

Knowing that Humans are the only Species that has Sex it's Dead, I Lean towards "Choice"...

peace...

Forum List

Back