Kid Records His Diversity Training Teacher

Democrats = bad schools
TroglocratsRdumb=complete idiot

Oh, and BTW: most of the worst schools in the country are in Red states.

Oh, and BTW: most of those states have the highest rates of minority population

A State-by-State Look at Growing Minority Populations
So it's all about race? What does having low requirements for teachers and subs have to do with minorities? What does the requirements set for teachers by the state board of education have to do with minorities? Since, for the most part, though there may be a lot of minorities in the state, the board of education is most likely made up of non-minorities.

Democrats = bad schools

So it's all about race? What does having low requirements for teachers and subs have to do with minorities? What does the requirements set for teachers by the state board of education have to do with minorities? Since, for the most part, though there may be a lot of minorities in the state, the board of education is most likely made up of non-minorities.

According to you it was all about conservatism, was it not?

No, it has to do with socio-economic disparity which disproportionately hits black and Hispanics more than other races, regardless of the politics of their individual state.

Democrats = bad schools

No, it has to do with socio-economic disparity which disproportionately hits black and Hispanics more than other races, regardless of the politics of their individual state.
The red states are conservative. The way they, the board of education, handle education has to do with their conservative principles, not minorities.

Democrats = bad schools

The red states are conservative. The way they, the board of education, handle education has to do with their conservative principles, not minorities.

Academia is not conservative by any stretch of the imagination no matter where you live and what does that have to do with anything?

Academia is not conservative by any stretch of the imagination no matter where you live and what does that have to do with anything?
The people who run the state are conservatives. The people on the board of education are some of the people who run the state.

The people who run the state are conservatives. The people on the board of education are some of the people who run the state.

The worst performing school districts in the country are all in urban areas run overwhelmingly by Democrats: Washington D.C., St Louis, New York City, Baltimore, etc. Even in the conservative bastion of Texas the inner city schools in Dallas, Houston, etc are generally garbage, while the suburban schools where your middle and upper class people live do much better by and large, so as I said, the issue is socio-economic, not racial and not political. I guarantee you making this political is not a rabbit hole you want to go down because the crap schools are mostly in areas your party has a political monopoly on.

The worst performing school districts in the country are all in urban areas run overwhelmingly by Democrats: Washington D.C., St Louis, New York City, Baltimore, etc. Even in the conservative bastion of Texas the inner city schools in Dallas, Houston, etc are generally garbage, while the suburban schools where your middle and upper class people live do much better by and large, so as I said, the issue is socio-economic, not racial and not political. I guarantee you making this political is not a rabbit hole you want to go down because the crap schools are mostly in areas your party has a political monopoly on.
The worst states for schools are red states.

Under some circumstances, "Bitch" is a term of endearment. Or a substitute for "woman."

It is disheartening the extreme that this substitute teacher survived a selection process that couldn't even weed out people who cannot speak understandable English. Although she certainly holds a B.A. degree from some fine institution.
This is the point I am trying to make. This substitute teacher may very well have NOT been through any kind of selection process. The state board of education lays out the requirements for substitute teachers. In my state, substitute teachers must have a college education and a teaching certificate and provide letters of recommendation to sign up with a school district, and it is one of the top ten states in the country for good schools. In some states, however, they hire subs who do not have a college degree or a teaching certificate. Apparently pretty much take anyone who walks in off the street. Based on the way this woman behaved, I would say she has no teaching experience and no teacher training, whcih would be required in order to get a teaching certificate. This problem is about states not having an adequate selection process for subs.

The crap schools in the country are not only in inner cities, they are also in red states, mostly in red states. It may be a socio-econimic issue, but that is because the red states are run into the ground by conservative policies,

This is the point I am trying to make. This substitute teacher may very well have NOT been through any kind of selection process.
That's how Affirmative Action works

Under some circumstances, "Bitch" is a term of endearment. Or a substitute for "woman."

It is disheartening the extreme that this substitute teacher survived a selection process that couldn't even weed out people who cannot speak understandable English. Although she certainly holds a B.A. degree from some fine institution.
This is the point I am trying to make. This substitute teacher may very well have NOT been through any kind of selection process. The state board of education lays out the requirements for substitute teachers. In my state, substitute teachers must have a college education and a teaching certificate and provide letters of recommendation to sign up with a school district, and it is one of the top ten states in the country for good schools. In some states, however, they hire subs who do not have a college degree or a teaching certificate. Apparently pretty much take anyone who walks in off the street. Based on the way this woman behaved, I would say she has no teaching experience and no teacher training, whcih would be required in order to get a teaching certificate. This problem is about states not having an adequate selection process for subs.

Here you go again with your unfounded claims. I like the fact that you changed your tune after we educated you on the Education forum. In the district where I taught in the overwhelmingly red state, substitutes are required to have recommendations, and they undergo training. Your blanket assertions keep getting you nowhere.

The problem is that substitutes get crap pay, so you cannot attract high quality subs that actually know how to teach.

The crap schools in the country are not only in inner cities, they are also in red states, mostly in red states. It may be a socio-econimic issue, but that is because the red states are run into the ground by conservative policies,

They actually are in blue cities in red states. Look at Atlanta, Birmingham, New Orleans, Houston, Memphis, Louisville, Houston, Dallas, Charlotte, Jacksonville, and San Antonio as examples. Look who their elected leadership is! Democrats upon top of Democrats!

Democrats or Republican don't matter

All that matters is the percent of blacks and Hispanics in a school

The worst states for schools are red states.

Do you just sit and read from a list of lefty talking points all day?

I MOVED to a Red State BECAUSE Cali was so badly run. It's not actually RUN out there. It's largely on auto-pilot with 20 "initiatives" a ballot and onerous ballot qualification rules. It's more of a 3rd world operation.

In my NEW state, the schools are funded. Their roofs don't leak. The roads are repaired and the state isn't BURIED in debt. And there aren't bands of kids running down the street and walking over the hood of my Bimmer.

Schools out there were a freakin' disaster zone. I watched the idiocy until I couldn't take it anymore.. Watched my daughter get put into a trailer for 4 months so they could renovate her classroom. Which was GREAT. But the mental midgets didn't fix the roof first. So within a year -- the room was wrecked again.

That doesn't happen in places where people KNOW about common sense things.

I MOVED to a Red State BECAUSE Cali was so badly run. It's not actually RUN out there. It's largely on auto-pilot with 20 "initiatives" a ballot and onerous ballot qualification rules. It's more of a 3rd world operation.

In my NEW state, the schools are funded. Their roofs don't leak. The roads are repaired and the state isn't BURIED in debt. And there aren't bands of kids running down the street and walking over the hood of my Bimmer.

Schools out there were a freakin' disaster zone. I watched the idiocy until I couldn't take it anymore.. Watched my daughter get put into a trailer for 4 months so they could renovate her classroom. Which was GREAT. But the mental midgets didn't fix the roof first. So within a year -- the room was wrecked again.

And how do your state's schools rank in the 50 states? In the top ten? Twenty? Or lower? Most of the states below 20 are red states.

And how do your state's schools rank in the 50 states? In the top ten? Twenty? Or lower?

My kids NEW school(s) were nationally ranked in the top 50 nationwide by NewsWeek. In the entire COUNTRY. . Depends on where you live. Point is -- those GOOD schools are in areas where REGULAR folks can afford to live. Not true in too many of bastions of lefty urban Blue.

And how do your state's schools rank in the 50 states? In the top ten? Twenty? Or lower?

My kids NEW school(s) were nationally ranked in the top 50 nationwide by NewsWeek. In the entire COUNTRY. . Depends on where you live. Point is -- those GOOD schools are in areas where REGULAR folks can afford to live. Not true in too many of bastions of lefty urban Blue.

You are talking about specific schools, not the condition of the school system statewide.

Every state probably has some schools in some areas of the state that are pretty good, but the real issue is that the state board of education produces and oversees a good school system based on requirements for teachers and administrators as well as specific qualifications for passing each level and graduating. Isolated instances of good schools are not the issue unless your state can produce that level of success statewide.

This thread topic is about a 'teacher' who behaved inappropriately in response to a student getting out of line. The intention of the thread is to demean teachers. My contention is that the so-called 'teacher' in the OP is not a teacher but a sub and in many states subs are not vetted adequately; in fact, in many states, apparently, subs are not required to have any teacher training, no teaching license, and not even a college degree. This is most likely the case in those states that have a poor overall rating that such conditiions exist: they certainly don't exist in my state, which is in the top ten of the 50 states for having good schools. So, moving to a neighborhood that has a good school means very little. It has to do with how the state board of education in each state effectively manages the school system.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back