Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Could Walk

Yep. How can you confer the right to a jury of your peers when these people aren't citizens? By doing these things? They are setting the Constitution on it's ear. (But then when did they give a rat's ass about the Constitution anyway)?

They should instead do a Military Tribunal as has been done throughout history with Prisoners Of War/Enemy combatants.

Do you know why we have over 2,200,000 prisoners in these US? Because the right to a jury of peers has been ignored:

"The right to a trial by jury is guaranteed to every citizen ...... by the Constitution ......The very idea of a jury is a body of men composed of the peers or equals of the person whose rights it is selected or summoned to determine -- that is, of his neighbors, fellows, associates, persons having the same legal status in society as that which he holds. Blackstone, in his Commentaries, says,

"The right of trial by jury, or the country, is a trial by the peers of every Englishman, and is the grand bulwark of his liberties, and is secured to him by the Great Charter."

U.S. Supreme Court
Strauder v. West Virginia, 100 U.S. 303 (1879)

What the FUCK are you talking about here? Right to TRIAL for Foreigners? What part of the Constitution guarantees this to FOREIGN INVADERS?

People plucked off the battlefield that are in POW status?

You're WRONG. Admit it. I'll wait.:eusa_whistle:

AGAIN,

This argument was REJECTED by SCOTUS in:

Boumediene v. Bush, 128 S.Ct. 2229, 171 L.Ed.2d 41 (U.S. 06/12/2008)

Not a chance - all federal courts - military or civilians - are corrupted to their core. They would have never agreed to "try" him in a civilian court if there was a chance that he was going to get a fair trial.

Padilla Jury Opens Pandora’s Box

The jury, of course, had no idea of what was at stake. It was a patriotic jury that appeared in court with one row of jurors dressed in red, one in white, and one in blue (Peter Whoriskey, Washington Post, August 17, 2007). It was a jury primed to be psychologically and emotionally manipulated by federal prosecutors desperate for a conviction for which there was little, if any, supporting evidence. For the jury, patriotism required that they strike a blow for America against terrorism. No member of this jury was going to return home to accusations of letting off a person who has been portrayed as a terrorist in the US media for five years.

a jury of peers could be played to have all muslims on the jury, just an ugly thought.

Yep. How can you confer the right to a jury of your peers when these people aren't citizens? By doing these things? They are setting the Constitution on it's ear. (But then when did they give a rat's ass about the Constitution anyway)?

They should instead do a Military Tribunal as has been done throughout history with Prisoners Of War/Enemy combatants.

You are absolutely correct. I see a whole lot of anger on this board about this issue. Keep in mind this will be Obama's un-doing. He is making it perfectly clear that this is not about protecting American citizens, it's only about his prosecution of the Bush administration and water-boarding, it has absolutely nothing to do with trying the terrorists. If the trail of the terrorists were his priority, they would be tried by a military tribunal and it would end there. This will back fire on him big time, as 9 out of 10 New Yorkers are against this and I would imagine that 9 out of 10 Americans are against it. This is costly, costing millions of tax dollars, jepardizes American citizens as it will be used as a recruiting tool for more jihadists and flat puts American citizens at greater risk. It's insanity, but considering who we have as President it should not surprise anyone.

Fuck all of this trial bull shit. The people of New York ought to rise up, storm the court room, drag the mother fucking terrorist outside and string the sons a bitch up by the neck old fashioned VIGILANTE STYLE, then soak his fucking burnt carcass down in PIGS BLOOD, drag him around town for awhile and then string his ass up by his BALL SACK from a bridge... you know... LIKE THEY DID TO OUR SOLDIERS!!!

Now... any more of you fucking MUSLIM TERRORISTS GOT ANY IDEAS???!!!

Last edited:
BTW- Reagan did not support Suddam he supported Iran, .

handshake300.jpg

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein:

The U.S. Tilts toward Iraq, 1980-1984

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 82

Edited by Joyce Battle

February 25, 2003

You realize this isnt evidence of a partnership between Reagan and Saddam, right? Its simply a picture of Bush shaking his hand. Thats all you got? Hes a politician, and im sure he shook thousands of hands while he was in office.

Hell, even i got to shake Bush seniors hand, making him the second president i got to shake hands with. Reagan was the first. Thats right, ive met two presidents... whos got that beat?

Last edited:
BTW- Reagan did not support Suddam he supported Iran, .

handshake300.jpg

Edited by Joyce Battle

February 25, 2003

You realize this isnt evidence of a partnership between Reagan and Saddam, right? Its simply a picture of Bush shaking his hand. Thats all you got? Hes a politician, and im sure he shook thousands of hands while he was in office.

Hell, even i got to shake Bush seniors hand, making him the second president i got to shake hands with. Reagan was the first. Thats right, ive met two presidents... whos got that beat?

It's Rumsfeld, when he was working for a company that was producing chemicals I think, Monsanto maybe? Anyway there's probably a bit of info kicking around about it on the net.

handshake300.jpg

Edited by Joyce Battle

February 25, 2003

It's Rumsfeld, when he was working for a company that was producing chemicals I think, Monsanto maybe? Anyway there's probably a bit of info kicking around about it on the net.

Reagan appointed Rumsfeld as the Middle East special envoy from 1983 to 1984. Rumsfeld also was CEO of Searle, a drug company, not a chemical company. Monsanto did buy Searle but Rumsfeld divested himself of any interest in the company when this took place.

Thanks PP, my memory needed a good shake-up.

But, if I may, just drift for a leeeetle bit....

I know it satisfies those of us on this side to see the photo of Rumsfeld glad-handing the dictator but the fact is all of us in the west were glad-handing him.

I can't link this because it was something I read in a newspaper quite some years ago but there was a story about western expats (mainly British believe it or not) who were living in Iraq when Saddam was in power and the west was still friendly with him. The expats were mainly oil company workers.

The section of the piece, which I think was taken from a British newspaper and reprinted in one of ours, Murdoch's "The Australian" comes to mind, referred to the cocktail parties that the expats had in their social circle where there would always be a few locals.

Knowing the despotic power of Saddam and his internal security forces the expats would use code to discuss what was happening around them. Their code for Saddam was "Keith". That's what they called him.

The piece described how the expats would gather around, cocktails in hand, to discuss the appearance of the latest statue or massive poster of "Keith". The expats knew what he was up to, they knew he was dangerous but they were there for commercial reasons and somehow they managed to obfuscate that grim reality by giving Saddam a prosaic nickname that they hoped would hide his evil, after all, they needed him. Perhaps when they supped they used a long spoon.

Does NY have a death penalty? I'm curious, since Holder basically guaranteed that the terrorists would fry, where would they be killed, and who/how would it be done? Would Patterson need to sign-off on it, etc??

Does NY have a death penalty? I'm curious, since Holder basically guaranteed that the terrorists would fry, where would they be killed, and who/how would it be done? Would Patterson need to sign-off on it, etc??

Did Holder guarantee the death penalty if convicted? How could be do that?

Those folks are being allegedly prosecuted pursuant to federal law. So NY Law is irrelevant,

Those folks are being allegedly prosecuted pursuant to federal law. So NY Law is irrelevant.

Well I just googled the "federal death penalty" and found that its being abolished
Feingold Introduces Federal Death Penalty Abolition Act « S E N A T U S

I don't think it passed, but who knows what the dems are planning.

ok you got me, but John is dead as a door nail

No problem. Mohammed was killed by lethal injection. You answered my basic question when you confirmed that Mohammed and KSM would be killed by the same method. For some reason I thought that Mohammed was killed under VA State law and that the various States were lining up in case he beat one State's rap.

If KSM et.al. beat the Fed rap, can we assume that NY or NJ will prosecute, or is that double-jeopardy??

handshake300.jpg

Edited by Joyce Battle

February 25, 2003

Did you notice, he was looking him in the eye and greeting him as another leader, not bowing in submission?

That was Rummy who shook hands with bad boy Saddam, not Reagan.:lol:

And he wasn't even president and he still didn't bow in submission to another country's leader.

ok you got me, but John is dead as a door nail

No problem. Mohammed was killed by lethal injection. You answered my basic question when you confirmed that Mohammed and KSM would be killed by the same method. For some reason I thought that Mohammed was killed under VA State law and that the various States were lining up in case he beat one State's rap.

If KSM et.al. beat the Fed rap, can we assume that NY or NJ will prosecute, or is that double-jeopardy??

I think that John Mohammed was tried and convicted by VA State laws. Though he was captured in Maryland the case was given to Virginia because they had a Death penalty where Maryland does not. I could be wrong........

They will let him free, he will get to stay here and Obamacare this horible rationed healthcare will kill him waiting for medical treatment!!!

Sorry fascists, but this is still America, we have laws and we live by them. Oh, and can you name any terrorists local or foreign who have walked? Any? Only one I know that walked was bin Laden and it seems your guys screwed that up.

Forum List

Back