Khalid Sheikh Mohammed Could Walk

Back to the point, these are not citizens, they are animals that believe it is okay to kill thousands of people to make a point. They have not earned the right to be tried like a citizen.

Did Tim McVeigh have that right? Jeff Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Manson..... The list is endless

What makes our justice system great is that even those who commit despicable acts have a right to a fair trial

Posted by Van Helsing

Elections have consequences. One consequence of voters' appalling lapse of judgment last November is that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind behind the Muslim atrocities of 9/11, may soon be free to plot future terror attacks at his leisure.

Mohammed and the four others — Waleed bin Attash, Ramzi Binalshibh, Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi and Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali — are accused of orchestrating the attacks that killed 2,973 people on Sept. 11, 2001, and will now be tried in a courtroom down the street from the World Trade Center.
We all know they're guilty. But in a civilian circus of a trial, information gathered through means of which our liberal rulers disapprove — e.g., waterboarding — will be inadmissible. In O.J. could walk, so could K.S.M.

Maybe that's what it will take for people to understand just how insane and disgusting it was to put a leftist punk in charge of our country.

Lawmakers and victims' families expressed outrage Friday that President Obama has approved a recommendation to try self-proclaimed Sept. 11 architect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other Guantanamo Bay to New York to face trial in a civilian federal court.
"These terrorists planned and executed the mass murder of thousands of innocent Americans. Treating them like common criminals is unconscionable," Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, said in a statement.
"This, I think, will go down as one of the worst decisions any president has ever made," said Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.
"The only thing they are going to do is give them a stage to mock us … and this makes me sick to my stomach," said Tim Brown, a former New York City firefighter and founder of Thebravest.com, a group that is petitioning the administration not to bring terrorists to civilian courts.
If Khalid Sheikh Mohammad's next masterpiece involves a mushroom cloud, there may come a day when people are torn apart by angry mobs on mere suspicion of having voted for the traitors who are doing this to our country.
Moonbattery

I saw on the news that more than 350 terrorists have been put to death or are behind bars for life after going through the US Justice system. Including the likes of the 5 men behind the WTC bombing when Clinton was in office and right wing Christian Republican Timothy McVeigh.

The Republicans want Military Tribunals. According to the news, the number of convictions since 9/11 for a Military Tribunal has been "three".

I have to admit, I don't have links. It was on the news and the guy that gave those facts was a Senator who retired from the CIA and on the Intelligence committee. I don't remember his name. Sorry.

What he said was we have to convict these guys going through our Justice System, the best in the world. He said we have to "trust our constitution".

Now, isn't it ironic that those that go on and on and on and on about "returning to the constitution" don't "trust" it?

You made a good point about trusting our Constitution. If only THAT document was actually read and used by lawyers and politicians. Obama and the congress are not paying attention to the Constitution when the are limiting our rights in the health care reform act or the cap n trade or even when Obama is thinking about signing a CO2 treaty that will put the USA 'under' UN governence.
Back to the point, these are not citizens, they are animals that believe it is okay to kill thousands of people to make a point. They have not earned the right to be tried like a citizen.

What should happen to them then?

Did Tim McVeigh have that right? Jeff Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Manson..... The list is endless

What makes our justice system great is that even those who commit despicable acts have a right to a fair trial

Well, what passes for a fair trial anyway. Not having a go at the various justice systems in your country, just being a realist. I don't trust the justice system in my jurisdiction either and I work in the damn thing.

What part of American by BIRTH escapes you? Nice try, no sale. POOR comparison.

During the Presidency of Saddam Hussein, the nation of Iraq used, possessed, and made efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction (WMD). .

story.jpg

Scott Ritter

The controversial former chief U.N. weapons inspector in Iraq says Saddam's weapons of mass destruction are largely disarmed, the "Iraqi threat" is built on a framework of lies and President Bush has betrayed the American people

Da-Duh--Da Duh--& if only Bill Clinton would held Saddam Husien to the UN resolution to keep UN WMD inspectors in Iraq--instead of kicking them out in 1997--we would have never had any need to believe he still possessed them & was trying to acquire more--would we.--:clap2:

To add--BILL CLINTON'S intelligence on Iraq--G.W. Bush inherited. We have Bill Clinton on video recording stating that Saddam was trying to acquire more, & he along with Al Gore & John Kerry--(who was on the senate intelligence committee) also believed the same-:lol::lol:

The ONLY people that benefit from a civilian trial is AL QUEDA. Obama has turned out to be their best friend.

Given all of our current problems, I do find it counter productive, however, there are lessons to be learned and history is one of our best teachers.

In regard to Clinton and Iraq, it is very simple to understand, in spite of all of the political and moral spins many like to muck it up with.

We had a "cease fire" agreement with Iraq, period. We agreed to "cease fire" so long as Iraq agreed to and followed certain terms. Not long after Clinton took office, Iraq began to break that agreement.. Had Clinton as the President of this nation and as the Commander in Chief performed his duties properly, the cease fire would have ended and so would have the tyrant Saddam!

At that time the legal vehicles were in place, our military was in place and world opinion, was in place.

Mike

No

It makes no difference where you are born. The US holds itself up as a model of human rights and has done so for over 200 years.
Nazis deserved a fair trial, mass murderers deserve a fair trial, those accused of treason deserve a fair trial. There are no loopholes in providing human rights

No

It makes no difference where you are born. The US holds itself up as a model of human rights and has done so for over 200 years.
Nazis deserved a fair trial, mass murderers deserve a fair trial, those accused of treason deserve a fair trial. There are no loopholes in providing human rights
Exactly why we should not detain them - POWs and/or just shoot them.

No

And didn't those Nazis have a war crimes tribunal in Nuremberg? Not a US civilian trial in NYC.

The differences between summary justice and due process are many but the one for me is transparency.

If it was around the other way, if someone had perpetrated this outrage in Saudi Arabia the question of due process probably wouldn't get much of a run. It's entirely possible the only consideration would be for how long the perpetrators would be tortured before being beheaded in public. But you don't want the US to be seen as a shit-hole like Saudi Arabia I'm sure.

No way should these guys be tried in Civilian court. They should have been drained of all info and shot. End of problem. Thats what they should do with all of these assholes. Get the info and get rid of them. What do you think these guys will do with any captured Americans???

No way should these guys be tried in Civilian court. They should have been drained of all info and shot. End of problem. Thats what they should do with all of these assholes. Get the info and get rid of them. What do you think these guys will do with any captured Americans???

They would probably summarily execute captured Americans. But that's okay because you just advocated that captured non-Americans should be summarily executed. I suppose it balances out.

The differences between summary justice and due process are many but the one for me is transparency.

If it was around the other way, if someone had perpetrated this outrage in Saudi Arabia the question of due process probably wouldn't get much of a run. It's entirely possible the only consideration would be for how long the perpetrators would be tortured before being beheaded in public. But you don't want the US to be seen as a shit-hole like Saudi Arabia I'm sure.
No...and I actually would like to know if he is guilty. There have been enough terrorists convicted that sounded at their trials as if they were doing nothing more than people that wrongly confess to murder were doing.

Changing the rules after the fact is total bullshit.

These guys were never Marandised because it wasn't a requirement.

So a slippery-slope issue is on the way.....and Obama knows it.

Do they throw all of the evidence out or do they change the law and make it not a requirement to read them their rights?

What a friggen Goat-fuck.

I heard he signed an agent and is bucking for the next Lord of the Rings installment after he get's off on a technicality from his mass murder trial.
090909-Mohammed-vmed-9a.widec.jpg

Last edited:

No...and I actually would like to know if he is guilty. There have been enough terrorists convicted that sounded at their trials as if they were doing nothing more than people that wrongly confess to murder were doing.

I think people forget the purpose of a trial and the logic that underpins it. I don't blame them, if they're not somehow familiar with the process then it can seem highly arcane. It isn't that arcane though. A trial requires the presentation of (admissible) evidence from which a jury can infer the guilt of a defendant. That can be quite a ponderous process. But if you dump that and go with assumption instead of evidence then you can get to the best part, the public execution, without too much delay.

They would probably summarily execute captured Americans. But that's okay because you just advocated that captured non-Americans should be summarily executed. I suppose it balances out.
I doubt most of the enemy could even read the Geneva Convention.

These terrorsits are not American citizens and "they commited an act of war." We did not bring the war criminals from Germany over here to try them in a civilian court, they were tried by a military tribunal in Europe.

This trail will cost the tax payer millions of dollars, Obama just gave an audience to future jihadists and it will be used as a recruiting tool to get more Jihadists. It will expose the techniques used for interogation and in reality our own CIA will be on trial. It will put New York citizens at an even greater risk of attack.

It is the defense attorney's oath to do everything possible to get these guys off. If you get a liberal judge, which is very likely in New York, he could throw the case out on a technicallity. The reading of " Miranda Rights," the unavailability of having an attorney present during their questioning. On and on and on it will go and it will be a circus of clowns.

9 out of 10 New Yorkers are against doing this. The only good news is that Obama will confirm to the world what an extremely weak President he is and he will be out of there in 3 short years. The GOP just won the billion dollar lotto with this one.:lol:

Forum List

Back