Keynsian Economics

Keynes advocated the use of liberal fiscal policy in economic downturns, coupled with the use of aggressive Federal Reserve monetary policy.

Keynesianism can not exist in its current form without the Fed. The printing press is what backstops the spending.

If we took a conservative approach to economic situations, and let the free market dictate liquidity, we wouldn't NEED the Fed.

Why do you think the free market is capable of handling economic situations fiscally, but not monetarily?

That's why we never had recessions in the 19th Century, right?
You need to start dating Rubberdickhead. The two of you can get together and exchange misinformation.

Who said anything about recessions??

I don't argue against the fact that there will be recessions in a non-Federal Reserve economy. People are imperfect. It stands to reason that we would misallocate capital from time to time and cause a downturn. That's the BEAUTY of capitalism, we're forced to learn from our mistakes if we want to perfect it.

Would you like to address the topic comprehensively, or just make ad homs and resort to strawmen?

I'd rather ridicule you and Rubberdickhead as the chief dim bulbs in this discussion. You've already proven yourself and anti-semite and know-nothing. Rubberdickhead would have shut up long ago if he couldn't run to Wiki every 5 minutes to read up on something he should have known a long time ago.

Keynes advocated the use of liberal fiscal policy in economic downturns, coupled with the use of aggressive Federal Reserve monetary policy.

Keynesianism can not exist in its current form without the Fed. The printing press is what backstops the spending.

If we took a conservative approach to economic situations, and let the free market dictate liquidity, we wouldn't NEED the Fed.

Why do you think the free market is capable of handling economic situations fiscally, but not monetarily?

You need to start dating Rubberdickhead. The two of you can get together and exchange misinformation.

I don't argue against the fact that there will be recessions in a non-Federal Reserve economy. People are imperfect. It stands to reason that we would misallocate capital from time to time and cause a downturn. That's the BEAUTY of capitalism, we're forced to learn from our mistakes if we want to perfect it.

Would you like to address the topic comprehensively, or just make ad homs and resort to strawmen?

Rabbi Keynes-Hitler's response:

Well why not just pad our losses with official counterfeit money? That way we can buy our way out of ever having to take a risk again! Brilliant! There couldn't be any downside to this at all! We'll never have to worry about bank runs because if bank reserves go down we can just guarantee loans with money and credit that we generate from thin air! And since people like me can make others feel stupid for wondering what we're doing, our shady cartel will never see the light of day!

Wrong Rabbi. It's coming down and artificially low interest rates aren't going to put off the inevitable forever. Are you ready to be embarrassed?

I'd rather ridicule you and Rubberdickhead as the chief dim bulbs in this discussion. You've already proven yourself and anti-semite and know-nothing. Rubberdickhead would have shut up long ago if he couldn't run to Wiki every 5 minutes to read up on something he should have known a long time ago.

What discussion? You haven't really made any arguments whatsoever except a flimsy case that I don't know what I'm talking about and Paulie's an anti-semite. Pretty sad, Rabbi Keynes-Hitler. Keep trying though, it's fun to watch you squirm. :lol:

Well, we didn't have recessions every two years! And they weren't as wide and deep as the ones that we have now, in general. Rabbi Keynes Hitler, if you want to justify your claims I'm all for you doing that, but until then please don't act like your argument holds any weight.:eusa_hand:

Another stink bomb rolls from the ass of Rubberdickhead!!! Recessions every two years! Yeah. We've had recessions every two years since 1913.
Just check this graph of GDP since WW2:
Graphical Economy - NIPA - Domestic Product and Income - Real Gross Domestic Product, Chained Dollars [Billion Dollar] - ____Gross_domestic_product
Notice the severe downward spikes EVERY TWO YEARS!!!
Geezus, what a fucking retard you are. I'm gonna tell mommy and she'll take your keyboard away from you and put you down for your nap.

Heh, yeah, the typical response when someone lacks an adequate rebuttal. :rolleyes:

What discussion? You haven't really made any arguments whatsoever except a flimsy case that I don't know what I'm talking about and Paulie's an anti-semite. Pretty sad, Rabbi Keynes-Hitler. Keep trying though, it's fun to watch you squirm. :lol:

In order to have a discussion one side needs to be in possession of accurate information. You and Paulie have demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge of the economy, the Federal Reserve System, and economic history. You are both talking out your asses, farting out sound bites you picked up from godonlyknowswhere.
It's too much fun taking you two to the woodshed on this stuff, seeing the next howling error you come up with. It's like cock-fighting: you know it's wrong but somehow can't bear to stop looking.

In order to have a discussion one side needs to be in possession of accurate information. You and Paulie have demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge of the economy, the Federal Reserve System, and economic history. You are both talking out your asses, farting out sound bites you picked up from godonlyknowswhere.
It's too much fun taking you two to the woodshed on this stuff, seeing the next howling error you come up with. It's like cock-fighting: you know it's wrong but somehow can't bear to stop looking.

Error?

I haven't even spit out facts yet. All I've done is intro the debate with my opinion. If you'd like to actually have that kind of debate, where we use facts, let me know. I'll be more than happy to make a little time.

Otherwise, I don't discuss these kinds of matters with people who lean on the ad hom crutch.

You let me know home boy, and we'll start a new debate thread. Anytime.

:thup:

The one fact I've posted is that Keynes relied on Fed monetary policy. If you're refuting that as an "error", I'd sure love to see where you're getting it from. Anyone who knows Keynes knows his ideology included aggressive monetary policy to respond to crises.

Well, we didn't have recessions every two years! And they weren't as wide and deep as the ones that we have now, in general. Rabbi Keynes Hitler, if you want to justify your claims I'm all for you doing that, but until then please don't act like your argument holds any weight.:eusa_hand:

Another stink bomb rolls from the ass of Rubberdickhead!!! Recessions every two years! Yeah. We've had recessions every two years since 1913.
Just check this graph of GDP since WW2:
Graphical Economy - NIPA - Domestic Product and Income - Real Gross Domestic Product, Chained Dollars [Billion Dollar] - ____Gross_domestic_product
Notice the severe downward spikes EVERY TWO YEARS!!!
Geezus, what a fucking retard you are. I'm gonna tell mommy and she'll take your keyboard away from you and put you down for your nap.

Wow, GDP goes up => recession not happening.

Good logic Rabbi Keynes-Hitler. You're pretty easily fooled, eh? Here's a list:

United States Recession History | RECESSION.ORG

Go do your homework, then ask your daddy if you can go back on the computer.

Here's another one for you:

What Is Recession? Economic Recession Definition | RECESSION.ORG

GDP is not the only indicator. Besides, isn't GDP measured in USD? What happens if the value of the USD goes down because of inflation?

"The official inflation-adjusted GDP numbers are calculated using the CPI. The CPI is biased and understates the true inflation rate. If you adjust GDP using an unbiased inflation measure, the US economy is shrinking rapidly."

Check it out, Rabbi Keynes-Hitler:

FSK's Guide to Reality: Real GDP is Decreasing, 1990-2007

Good luck on your Econ 101 quiz!:lol:

Wow, are you fucking gullible or what?
Recession has an actual definition by economists, not paranoid anti gov't conspiracy theorists parading as economists. You need to go take an actual economics course. Resorting to Wiki every 5 minutes and combing Google for the word is no subsitute.
Of course they don't offer econ in pre-school so you're pretty well screwed.

Taking us to the woodshed? For what? So you can fill it with mustard gas you genocidal maniac? Rabbi Keynes-Hitler, you aren't getting anywhere. You know why? Because you think you can stall with fallacies while you frantically try to come up with a way to disagree with common sense. You're probably going to give yourself a stroke. :cuckoo:

The one fact I've posted is that Keynes relied on Fed monetary policy. If you're refuting that as an "error", I'd sure love to see where you're getting it from. Anyone who knows Keynes knows his ideology included aggressive monetary policy to respond to crises.

And that one fact is incorrect. Keynes relied on fiscal policy, specifically "priming the pump" and the multiplyer effect.
Milton Friedman advocated monetary policy as a partial cure for recession. I guess he was a Keynsian too.
Gee, are you fucking stupid or what??

Wow, are you fucking gullible or what?
Recession has an actual definition by economists, not paranoid anti gov't conspiracy theorists parading as economists. You need to go take an actual economics course. Resorting to Wiki every 5 minutes and combing Google for the word is no subsitute.
Of course they don't offer econ in pre-school so you're pretty well screwed.

Do you have any specific to refute about what I've cited? I mean, I've at least made a counter argument to what you've said.

And that one fact is incorrect. Keynes relied on fiscal policy, specifically "priming the pump" and the multiplyer effect.
Milton Friedman advocated monetary policy as a partial cure for recession. I guess he was a Keynsian too.

By "monetary policy", don't you mean counterfeiting? It's not a "cure" for anything, it's a postponement and an illusion. Inflationary tactics have historically failed in the long run every single time. Why does everyone always think they can do better?

Keynesians do believe that government sponsored counterfeiting can bolster investment. That's why they advocate a central bank. Do you know what Keynesianism is?

I've already said that Keynes relied on fiscal policy, I'm not arguing that that was his primary tool. Apparently you haven't read much on the man though, otherwise you would know his position on how the interest rate affects an economy. He's always favored a low long-term AND short term interest rate. He believed the interest rate determined an investor's liquidity preference, which is actually something I agree with. Maybe the ONLY thing.

You can't have an aggressive fiscal policy in an advanced economy like the US, and not have a central bank dictating the money supply via a monetary policy of open market operations. Conversely, you can have a conservative fiscal policy and have no need for a central bank.

I take it you're a Friedmanist..

Okay.
So you're saying Keynes relied on fiscal policy. Or he relied on monetary policy.
Have you made up your mind yet which it is?
"A monetary policy of open market operations." Do you have a clue what you are talking about? Open market operations arent a monetary policy any more than reserve requirements are a monetary policy. It's a tool of monetary policy. I realize the distinction is too subtle for you.
You two crack me up.

I've already said that Keynes relied on fiscal policy, I'm not arguing that that was his primary tool. Apparently you haven't read much on the man though, otherwise you would know his position on how the interest rate affects an economy. He's always favored a low long-term AND short term interest rate. He believed the interest rate determined an investor's liquidity preference, which is actually something I agree with. Maybe the ONLY thing.

You can't have an aggressive fiscal policy in an advanced economy like the US, and not have a central bank dictating the money supply via a monetary policy of open market operations. Conversely, you can have a conservative fiscal policy and have no need for a central bank.

Makes sense... if interest rates are low, time to borrow/spend. Also, banks have more incentive to lend because they can cover their reserves with low interest loans from other banks. And if there is a run, well we can just socialize the losses through the Fed. Nobody important gets screwed, right Rabbi Keynes-Hitler?

Hey Rabbi! Maybe you can explain how this is a good thing:

Gold hits record high on 'plan' to ditch dollar - Yahoo! News

:lol:

It's almost worth the price of the economy tanking to see your high-minded garbage be dashed daily.

Makes sense... if interest rates are low, time to borrow/spend. Also, banks have more incentive to lend because they can cover their reserves with low interest loans from other banks. And if there is a run, well we can just socialize the losses through the Fed. Nobody important gets screwed, right Rabbi Keynes-Hitler?

It's almost worth the price of the economy tanking to see your high-minded garbage be dashed daily.

So that's why with interest rates today at historical lows the banks have been lending money like never before, right?

Geez, this is too much fun. It's like squirting a cat with a water pistol.

So that's why with interest rates today at historical lows the banks have been lending money like never before, right?

They were before the bubble burst! It is kind of like squirting a cat with a water pistol except instead of water you're using mouth diarrhea.

Oh yeah, about the gold price thing, have you come up with a reason why that's a good thing yet?

Why do you think the rates are low? Could it be the Fed trying to encourage spending/investment? Nah, I'm sure that's not it. Idiot.

Forum List

Back