Kerry skips vote

Originally posted by acludem
It may well have been that Democrats in the Senate told Kerry that his vote wouldn't matter, that they didn't have the votes to pass this bill with or without him, so they told him to stay on the campaign trail. I don't know.

acludem

Well then it was poor judgement on his part to take that advice. Even if he knew it wouldnt pass, he's a man of appearences and how does that look to people. It looks like he doesnt give a crap. He just wants to get elected at all costs, including going to work.

This is a losing argument ACLU. Why do you defend this shell of a man on everything.

Originally posted by acludem
50-49 eh? So if Kerry votes the result would've been 50-50. Then who breaks the tie? Dick Cheney of course. Kerry's vote would have made no difference in the outcome.

acludem

That is totally irrelevant. Even if he is the lone vote in favor he should have been on the floor and voted.

Originally posted by insein
Still Kerry doesnt know what the vote will yield before he votes.
I'd have to disagree with this. I'd bet my next three months paychecks that you could count on one hand the votes that go the floor each year where the outcome is unknown.

Forum List

Back