Kerry cheating in debate?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fuzzykitten99, Oct 4, 2004.

1. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    I heard this (vaguely-I was still half asleep) on the radio this morning, about Kerry cheating by taking out a piece of paper from his breast pocket, which was deemed not allowed ahead of time, by an agreement of BOTH parties. Has anyone else heard about this? I didn't hear much of the details because I had to go and fix breakfast for my son.

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I didn't watch this debate but I've heard enough about it to conclude that the moderator of the debate had stacked it in Kerrys favor. It wouldn't then surprise me to learn that he did cheat.

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I haven't seen the video but I have seen this on a couple of different sites. Really not much that Bush can do. If Kerry did cheat and Bush called him on it, it would look petty. Bush's best bet is to do nothing, let the blogosphere air out the cheating, and then whoop Kerry in debates 2 and 3.

4. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    what I had heard was that they could not bring anything WITH them to the podium. any notes, cues, etc. had to be waiting for them when they got there. i didn't see the debates either, but listened to them in the car as we were driving to dinner. from what i heard this morning, Kerry violated that rule, by doing the aforementioned.

Of course, I can't find anything AT ALL on this in print. I only heard about it on a local station.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I have heard the same thing, trouble is how does nayone bring it up without looking petty and sinking to Kerry's level?

6. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    i finally found a link. there are vid clips and everything.

The Drudge Report

7. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    it depends. the stuff kerry tries to drag up, is stuff that happened 25+ YEARS ago. This is current, and a CLEAR violation of the rules. He knew the rules, yet refused to follow them. I say Bush should just mention it in his speeches, casually, like, "I may have lost the debate, according to the moderators, but at least I played by the rules."

something along those lines

really, I wish they would make a bigger deal out of it, because, say a ref at a football team does not call the rule violation, but everyone else saw it, how does that make the ref look? Biased? Yep. We KNOW the moderators were biased in the debate, but it needs to be publicly announced that Kerry cheated. If Bush had done this, the libbies would be all over it like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm. You KNOW they would be screeching even louder. I say it's time we screech back.

8. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Does anybody else see how ridiculous it is that Kerry taking a pen or paper out of his breastpocket is seen as an outrage, yet the two contenders for the most powerful office in the world "debating" with completely scripted soundbytes is seen as a non-issue?

Oh, and here we go again with Republicans making up BS to distract from the real issues, lets not talk about the best way to solve the situation in Iraq or what needs to be done with Iran's nuclear weapons programs, lets debate what is really important, a pen!

Is it not entirely possible that that "thing" was one of the approved items?

9. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    BS. If Bush had done this I would make a joke about it and move on. I care about "pengate" as much as I do about Bush being in the National Guard.

10. tnfzpaul

tnfzpaul Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This does not surprise me at all!

Hey I like this thread,

OP, would you mind if I used this thread over on my board?