Kerry attends Mass in a ski suit. Aides claim "photo op"

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
:rolleyes:

Kerry attends Mass – in a ski suit
Candidate reportedly arrives late, staff says, 'It was just a media-op'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 24, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry made a stop at a Catholic church during his Idaho vacation Sunday to attend Mass, loudly arriving 11 minutes late and wearing a ski suit.

According to a report in the American Spectator, a senior staff member in the Kerry Campaign said, "It was just a media-op. We set it up with some reporters that we knew were going to be there."

The Democrat also received Holy Communion during Mass at Our Lady of the Snows Catholic Church, despite the fact he is not a Catholic in good standing, reported LifeSiteNews.com.

Kerry has been roundly criticized for his support of legal abortion while promoting himself as a Catholic. The Massachusetts senator has been praised by the group NARAL Pro-Choice America as having a 100 percent pro-abortion voting record.

Joseph M. Starrs, director of American Life League's Crusade for the Defense of Our Catholic Church, slammed Kerry for the Idaho appearance.

"That Sen. John Kerry is willing to use the holy sacrifice of the Mass as a 'media op' shows his utter contempt for the faith he claims to embrace," Starrs said in a statement. "This is disgusting. The senator and his staff should publicly apologize to Our Lady of the Snows parish, its pastor and congregation, and to all faithful Catholics for this charade.

"Christ said, 'Come to me, all you who are weary.' He didn't say, 'Come to me, all you who would use my church in a cheap attempt to shamelessly promote your ambitions. '"

Kerry has been on an Idaho ski vacation since last week.

Link

Forum List

Back