Kerry 2004

gop_jeff said:
What do you do? How about a little diplomacy with a few allies - Bush's straegy with NK for the last three years, and exactly what Kerry, et al, have been pining for.

I understand that and agree with that.. diplomacy is the only way.

But doesn't it seem odd that they are testing missles without contention?

Also, what do you think about the "mountain" exploding? (I believe that was the excuse wasn't it?) I think that's garbage from NK and they tested a nuke.
:blowup:

What do you think?

lolita715 said:
Maybe you should appericate the fact that someone my age is voting and knows what is going on!!! So many people my age are not going to vote. I vollunteer for the democratic party, as well as a 2004 election vollunteer, im trying to get everyone to vote, not just democrats
The thought of people your age voting is actually rather scary. Now do you really think "Rock the Vote" was put in place to get people to vot for BUSH? Problem with you young "whippersnappers" is that you ONLY listen to Hollywood and musicians and the mainstream media. Have you ever really studied George Bush's record? Or John Kerry's for that matter??? (grabbing cane and shuffling off to see if I have another wrinkle, LOL!!)
:slap:

lolita715 said:
to add to that.... we have spent over $200million on the war and have lost over 1,000 lives, while diverting forces from destroying terrorists in Afganistan.

My bullshit meter is going off...

Firstly, part of the $ we've spent on Iraq was already 'spent' - we simply re-named dollars, directing them from their peace-time destinations, and applied them to the war.

Secondly, So what? 1000 deaths over 1 year in wartime is a rather 'positive' number.

Thirdly, there are MORE forces in Afghanistan than there were prior to the Iraqi War.

Somebody should close this thread - Lolita is taking EVERY POINT already brought up by other members and asking for answers...I vote Lolita be required to search thru this board's history before posting the same old stupid 'facts'.

EVERY SINGLE thing you've brought up Lolita has been either beaten to death or simply 'proven false' elsewhere....so, do some research.

lolita ,
If you are going to parrot the Democrat babble points you might want to at least get them correct ...... Kerry and his ilk have repeatedly stated the figure 200 BILLION not million , 200 million is a fifth of Teresa and John Kerry Heinz's inherited fortune(it was a Republican that earned that money , you would think they would both show more respect) . I know you are young but even you should know that a billion is 1000 million .

lolita715 said:
Clearly there is no reasoning with any republican!!! Yes I am young but I'm well educated and Iam currently in school. If you are so old and wise why are you not at work?? Maybe this is your job, or maybe your just having trouble finding one, theres a lot of that happening.
Go on any job search engine and you will find tons of jobs in all states in all fields. There are plenty of jobs available for the educated with a college degree to get. That is what Bush referred to last night, when asked about what he would say to a guy who just had his job outsourced. Most of the jobs being outsourced are the factory and other jobs similiar, that most do not have a college degree. The answer is to go to college or some technical school to get training, thus opening the door to get the many jobs available. VERY few jobs now days, except for minimum wage jobs, will hire without some kind of educational background beyond high school. These are the people complaining about lack of jobs. Not the educated with degrees.

Unemployment is at approxiamtely 5.5%. This is a lower number than under Clinton, that is a fact, and is an extremely good number. I have heard a convincing argument that this number, now days, is very close to 'full employment'.

Outsourcing jobs in a vital part of our economy and is what helps keep things competitive. Kerry said in the debate last night, that he would not be able to stop outsourcing, as it cannot be stopped.

Gas prices are not high because of Bush. The fact is their is less oil now days and production is not as high, as a result. As a result of that, prices have risen. Oil companies, because of less production, are not making any more profit, because of higher prices, than they were making in profit before the oil price rise. And this is why Bush supports researching into alternative methods of fuel, and new technology, etc. This means Bush is not helping to get his oil friends richer, as some claim. And don't forget that Kerry supports a 50 cent increase in gas tax, which means gas could go up even more if he is elected, and passes that tax. Afterall, that is what democrats do, raise taxes, and to fund these 'plans' of his, he is going to have to get money from somewhere, and from more than just those in the top 1%.

The economy is doing very well right now, considering everything. We were attacked on 9/11 and now are at war, for the economy to be where it is now is remarkable, and part of that is a tribute to Bush. But, the president does not control and cannot control everything about the economy.

Much of what Kerry states as far as these numbers are concerned are exaggerated. That is a fact. Go to factcheck.org and you can see the truth.

UsaPride said:
I'm kinda curious how President Bush lost 1.6 million jobs too. I keep hearing it, I just don't get it!
My husband was one of the 1.6 million people that lost their jobs while Bush has been in office. But it sure as hell wasn't Bush's fault. It was Bernie Ebbers taking that World Com money, then World Com not paying their HUGE bill to the company my husband worked for which is WHY my husband was laid off. Didn't have one blessed thing to do with Bush.
Where does this come from? I don't get it, seriously!!

Very good question. Kerry is using outdated figures for one. And he cant deal with the fact that we have an unemployment rate of 5.4%. That is lower than it was during the Clintons reelection campaign. Yet somehow things are worse now. BS

lolita715 said:
Clearly there is no reasoning with any republican!!! Yes I am young but I'm well educated and Iam currently in school. If you are so old and wise why are you not at work?? Maybe this is your job, or maybe your just having trouble finding one, theres a lot of that happening.

No reasoning with a Republican? What the heck are you talking about? You havent even tried. You've come on attacked the President offered no up to date evidence and expect us to simply bow down before your great reason when we've been discussing this the past year and you've offered Nothing!

If you want to discuss the issues calm down and back up your claims.

lolita715 said:
Im sure a republican website is not going to be biased!! Check out factcheck.com
For a non biased look at the facts.

Why exactly do you think George Soros's website is a nonbiased source?

insein said:
Sigh. Im truely disappointed. I dont think youve studied "The facts" as you put it. I think youve been watching alittle too much mickey moore.

Its a sad state of affairs my generation is in.

Yeah i know. we have alot of work to do to bring our generation back to sanity. Wait till they have to pay a third of their income to the government like everyone else and youll win a few back.

Mainframe said:
Provoke provoke provoke...

What are you taking a page from my book?

;)

Iran is doing something shady, that's no shocker. It's not like we were ever "friends" to begin with.. I wouldn't be surprised if something nuclear popped up soon. Or are they really using it for electricity?

North Korea is the biggest potential problem, IMO. They are such a defiant country but honestly, what do you do? Pyongyang got his finger on the button just WAITING for someone to step up.... or so it would seem. He seems to value little. But on the other hand, he's always been trying to be in the limelight and seems to have a bit of that "little man syndrome". Eh, my opinion.

As far as Iran, I agree with you. I don't see N Korea as a bigger threat though.
If they really get out of line China and Japan will take care of em till we join in.

lolita715 said:
Maybe you should appericate the fact that someone my age is voting and knows what is going on!!! So many people my age are not going to vote. I vollunteer for the democratic party, as well as a 2004 election vollunteer, im trying to get everyone to vote, not just democrats

I would except you dont know whats going on. Your quoting out of date information and not even giving the reference. Factcheck.org pointed out Kerry's error in the second debate the first time he used that figure. Its from 2003.

Mr. P said:
As far as Iran, I agree with you. I don't see N Korea as a bigger threat though.
If they really get out of line China and Japan will take care of em till we join in.

Yeah thats a good point. THAT NORTH KOREA IS SO SHADY THO!

but then again i do feel they want attention, so they make waves and get their attention, but then slide back a bit.

but honestly.. what does everyone think of that bullshit explosion? I KNOW you guys dont think they were telling the truth. doesnt that pose a risk? or would you consider them a risk when they (NK) actually start something? cause i know they've been shootin off at the mouth for quite a while.

lolita715 said:
If i were a republican saying these things about kerry it would be fine. Right?

we were on a republican's case earlier this week for doing something similar. read some of the threads before you jump in.

Mainframe said:

but then again i do feel they want attention, so they make waves and get their attention, but then slide back a bit.

but honestly.. what does everyone think of that bullshit explosion? I KNOW you guys dont think they were telling the truth. doesnt that pose a risk? or would you consider them a risk when they (NK) actually start something? cause i know they've been shootin off at the mouth for quite a while.

We are or rather Bush is, by using diplomacy, you just don't hear about it much as it comes in under the radar of everything else going on. It was mentioned in the debates a bit. Im sure if need be we will take stronger action whne the time is right. I wonder if anyone remebers that little paper signing by Clinton and Illy in the rose garden.........We sure got snookered there?

lolita715 said:
Kerry does not think we should have gone in to Iraq when we did, and he is right. We went in alone and now we are giong to be there longer then we should be. Why are we still there when there is no wmd??? We should be in Iran right now thats the country we should be worried about.

Then why did Kerry vote to go in? We went alone? Tell that to UK, Spain, Austrailia, Italy, Poland and the other of the thirty nations that went with us. We are still there because we are trying to stablize Iraq so that there will be a free government in the middle east instead of the dictatorships that breed terrorism. Iran will be taken care of in due time. Now we have diplomatic pressure on them as well as three sides in which to liberate Iran if it comes to that. Strategicly Iraq is the perfect spot to commence future actions in the war on terror.

Mainframe said:

I definitely think NK is a threat, just not as big of one as Iran, primarily due
to their proximity to Europe. Not to mention the terrorist ties.
And as Bonnie said, quiet diplomacy is going on as far as NK.

Forum List

Back