Kerry 2004

gop_jeff said:
I would consider him one of the top libs on the board. He does usually post links and make sound arguments, even if our political views are about 179 degrees apart.

And for proof, check out his reputation (currently 9) on a board where liberal trolls are routinely given bad rep.

Thats not really saying much. Bully's rep is like 30 something. ITs by shear volume of posts that they stay so high.

insein said:
yea freedom lover. He's like the same guy just follows Republican talking points to the T instead of Democrat.

GWBFan does the exact same thing. I really don't want to respond to hios posts... I'm afraid if I say anything bad Karl Rove might reach theough the computer and choke me out! :D

gop_jeff said:
PJ, I volunteered for Bush, plus I doorbelled for a couple of Congressional candidates out here in 2000, and some other campaign work with ballot initiatives. Busy year!

For the YRs, I got involved in 2000, and they were looking for people to serve on the state board, basically as Congressional district reps. So I signed on.

I personally recommend that you steer clear of the YD's (and the YR's for that matter). There are many in the YR organization that want to perpetuate the organization for no other reason than to have an organization, and it sounds like your YD group has a similar attitude. That makes no sense to me. I would much rather give my time and effort to a campaign.

Not really sure how to get a conservative Dem organization going, but kudos for the vision to start it up.

I'm so young I have plenty of time. I guess I'll walk the party line, do some more volunteering and work on campaigns after college, then about 30 I'll run for my district and go from there.

The YRs and YDs are hopeless. They're basically a bunch of kids who get together, not really knowing the issues, its just their parents were dems or reps so thats what they are. And inevitably the loudest, richest, and most popular, not the most qualified, gets elected the head of the YD/YR.

lolita715 said:
Thank you for respecting my views, I respects everyones views, its hard when your being attact though.

Okay, I had to stop on this one.

You're being "attacked" because you aren't respecting other peoples views. The first thing you did when you came in here was throw a blur of insults at the President, then say you would be ashamed to be a Republican. Since then, you keep saying you know the facts but fail to provide one and have called people inventive names like dumbass.

It's good that you are getting involved, but take a little time to actually look at what the facts are, not what people tell you the facts are. Especially in an election year, there is going to be all kinds of rhetoric out there, and yes it will come from both sides. Frankly, the most misleading and hateful has been coming from the Democratic Party. Since they are the challenging party this year, that is to be expected to an extent, but the Democratic Party of 2004 is taking things to a new extreme.

Now, balls in your court.

Palestinian Jew said:
I'm so young I have plenty of time. I guess I'll walk the party line, do some more volunteering and work on campaigns after college, then about 30 I'll run for my district and go from there.

The YRs and YDs are hopeless. They're basically a bunch of kids who get together, not really knowing the issues, its just their parents were dems or reps so thats what they are. And inevitably the loudest, richest, and most popular, not the most qualified, gets elected the head of the YD/YR.

That has been my observation as well. The other half of that is that people in their twenties nd thirties are typically starting families and careers, making political clubs a very low priority on their list. So it's hard to get people, outside of the type you described, involved.

My advice is to do campaign work and make contacts that way. You could start with the Bush campaign GOTV this weekend! :D

lolita715 said:
Maybe you should appericate the fact that someone my age is voting and knows what is going on!!! So many people my age are not going to vote. I vollunteer for the democratic party, as well as a 2004 election vollunteer, im trying to get everyone to vote, not just democrats

I'm not buying this line of thought at all.....

Kinda like asking someone to tell me they appreciate the fact that I pay taxes and look after my family......it is not something to be applauded. It is what is expected at the very least.....showing up to vote is nothing to be applauded. It is what is the very first step in taking an adult view of the world, and doing what is important as a productive human being who is fortunate enough to live in a representative republic.

I am glad to hear that you are engaging in debate, and hopefully will leave the childish insults behind you, and debate with fact and not emotion.....

Fmr jarhead said:
I'm not buying this line of thought at all.....

Kinda like asking someone to tell me they appreciate the fact that I pay taxes and look after my family......it is not something to be applauded. It is what is expected at the very least.....showing up to vote is nothing to be applauded. It is what is the very first step in taking an adult view of the world, and doing what is important as a productive human being who is fortunate enough to live in a representative republic.

I am glad to hear that you are engaging in debate, and hopefully will leave the childish insults behind you, and debate with fact and not emotion.....

Not surprising really. A person who is really doing noble deeds doesn't sit back and pat himself on the back, much like the fact that a real hero doesn't call himself a hero. There are far to many people who don't seem to realize this these days. They are far more concerned with tooting their own horn.

Forum List

Back