Kentucky clerk is a democrat

We'll tell your friends to stop knocking republicans about this.

This isn't about party, this is about ideology.

Would you say this woman was a "liberal" or "conservative "?
Lol oh ok. She's a liberal Christian. They do exist.

The fact that she refuses to do her job in protest of gay marriage pretty much defines her ideology as "conservative".

What evidence do you have to support your claim of her "liberalness"?
No, she is standing up for a deeply held principle, her job has nothing to do with it. It just happens to be the focus of the progressives as a means of silencing her.

Barack Obama refuses to do his job too. Would you consider him a conservative?
Excellent point! Obama has ignored our immigration laws that have resulted in Americans being murdered and Democrats aren't calling for his incarceration. It's always the little guy who is used to make an example of. Hypocrites.
He has also failed to fully enforce the Affordable Care Act......he has failed to obey a court order to end the moratorium on drilling...and due process when he deliberately targets American citizens who have not had the benefit of a trial....

Yet, silence......

The fact that she refuses to do her job in protest of gay marriage pretty much defines her ideology as "conservative".

No, she is standing up for a deeply held principle, her job has nothing to do with it. It just happens to be the focus of the progressives as a means of silencing her.

Excellent point! Obama has ignored our immigration laws that have resulted in Americans being murdered and Democrats aren't calling for his incarceration. It's always the little guy who is used to make an example of. Hypocrites.
He has also failed to fully enforce the Affordable Care Act......he has failed to obey a court order to end the moratorium on drilling...and due process when he deliberately targets American citizens who have not had the benefit of a trial....

Yet, silence......
If the left applied their standards across the board and actually followed the law, Obama would be in prison for the rest of his life.

Yes she is.

:lol:

You're kidding, right? Her job has "nothing to do with it"?

Her way of "standing up for a deeply held principle" is by refusing to do her fucking job. If she didn't have that job and refuse to do it, her "standing up" wouldn't amount to shit.

The act of "refusing to do her job" isn't what makes her "conservative", the impetus for it is.

Yet, silence......

Why are you trying to change the subject to Obama?

Her way of "standing up for a deeply held principle" is by refusing to do her fucking job. If she didn't have that job and refuse to do it, her "standing up" wouldn't amount to shit.

The act of "refusing to do her job" isn't what makes her "conservative", the impetus for it is.
And what's Obama's excuse?

Don't care, ask him. Not the topic of this thread.

What should I read into your intense desire to change the subject?

Tell Me, did she run for office on the platform that she would do her job, regardless of what a court ordered her to do? I'd like to see that. I'm pretty sure she managed to get the votes to get elected by either having more money than the other guy, or by articulating a set of principles from which she would do her job.....

If My job was to pull the switch on an electric chair in a prison that had not executed anyone in five decades.....and it was My deeply held belief that killing someone, even a convicted murderer was wrong, then no job description could force Me to pull that switch.

Nor should I have to give that job up simply because a bunch of whiny asses wanted to have it their way.

No one has a right to be married. Otherwise, there would not be a need to license it.

You have any comment on Obama not doing his job?

It's not changing the subject. This is about an elected official refusing to do their job, isn't it?

Isn't if funny how suddenly -- Civil Disobedience is such a bad thing....

Last edited:

She took the position before that law came into effect...

"Because she is an elected official, Davis, a Democrat, can’t be fired from the position for refusing to comply with the court order. If she is found guilty of misconduct, Davis could be imprisoned for up to a year, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. The state legislature can also vote to impeach her, the paper noted, though that seems unlikely since most Kentucky voters oppose same-sex marriage."

The defiant Kim Davis, the Ky. clerk who refuses to issue gay marriage licenses

Let this be a lesson to the mindless masses around here - some Dems are "conservative", some are liberal. Some Repubs are Conservative, some are…moderate.

Tell Me, did she run for office on the platform that she would do her job, regardless of what a court ordered her to do? I'd like to see that. I'm pretty sure she managed to get the votes to get elected by either having more money than the other guy, or by articulating a set of principles from which she would do her job.....

A County Clerk doesn't have "executive discretion". Being elected does not give you discretion over which responsibilities of the office you choose acknowledge, just as an elected coroner can't refuse to conduct an autopsy on religious grounds.

If My job was to pull the switch on an electric chair in a prison that had not executed anyone in five decades.....and it was My deeply held belief that killing someone, even a convicted murderer was wrong, then no job description could force Me to pull that switch.

Nor should I have to give that job up simply because a bunch of whiny asses wanted to have it their way.

If your job description was "executioner", why would you have taken the job?

No one has a right to be married. Otherwise, there would not be a need to license it.

The state codes seem to directly disagree with your interpretation.

Nope. Start your own thread about Obama if you want to discuss it.

It's not changing the subject. This is about an elected official refusing to do their job, isn't it?

No, this thread is about how the Kentucky County Clerk is a Democrat.

Hint: It's in the title.

A County Clerk doesn't have "executive discretion". Being elected does not give you discretion over which responsibilities of the office you choose acknowledge, just as an elected coroner can't refuse to conduct an autopsy on religious grounds.

If your job description was "executioner", why would you have taken the job?

The state codes seem to directly disagree with your interpretation.

Nope. Start your own thread about Obama if you want to discuss it.
Oh, is that the double standard? Executive discretion? You sure it isn't, "Because we like his morals, we're okay with him ignoring his duties as President and chief law enforcer?? Because it looks an awful lot like exactly that....

The job isn't executioner. The job is Correctional Officer. There is no specific job position for "pulling the switch" Each prison guard could be called upon to do the job......unless they had......"Wait for it........................"

A moral exemption!!!! *gasp* Oh no....

No thanks...I just continue to point out the obvious double standard in this thread.....or others like it....but thanks anyway.

"Because she is an elected official, Davis, a Democrat, can’t be fired from the position for refusing to comply with the court order. If she is found guilty of misconduct, Davis could be imprisoned for up to a year, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. The state legislature can also vote to impeach her, the paper noted, though that seems unlikely since most Kentucky voters oppose same-sex marriage."

The defiant Kim Davis, the Ky. clerk who refuses to issue gay marriage licenses
Yes she is.

What's liberal about her?

Well, we all know what is going to happen here....

She'll cut a plea bargain and resign in exchange for probation. Morality can no longer be an individual right. We must all hold the same morals as the collective.....

The bully's will get their way.......and the tactic of bullying will continue until the bully gets a black eye.....

Should be a national discussion on it.......Oh wait.....that whole hypocrisy thing again.....My bad...

She took the position before that law came into effect...

That's waaaayyyy beyond Doc's pay grade.

Well, we all know what is going to happen here....

She'll cut a plea bargain and resign in exchange for probation. Morality can no longer be an individual right. We must all hold the same morals as the collective.....

The bully's will get their way.......and the tactic of bullying will continue until the bully gets a black eye.....

Should be a national discussion on it.......Oh wait.....that whole hypocrisy thing again.....My bad...
They aren't going to let her negotiate. She already said she'd be fine with doing it, as long as the clerks' names aren't listed on the docs. They aren't going to go for that because what the fascists want is to be able to force specific people to perform acts they KNOW they have a religious objection to.

Forum List

Back