Karl Rove: Obama 'In Desperate Shape'

"So Mitt Romney is already running ahead of the pace of John McCain. And President Obama is running . . . over six points behind where he did in these states in 2008," Rove told Cavuto.

Rove is lying outright.

Over the same past week in 2008 in North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio for example, McCain was leading in most of the polls.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - North Carolina: McCain vs. Obama

Bullshit.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Florida: McCain vs. Obama

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Ohio: McCain vs. Obama

You just make up the shit on the fly and throw out the limited support of one example that supports your claim AS IF it were universally true.

You really are a low life.

"So Mitt Romney is already running ahead of the pace of John McCain. And President Obama is running . . . over six points behind where he did in these states in 2008," Rove told Cavuto.

Rove is lying outright.

Over the same past week in 2008 in North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio for example, McCain was leading in most of the polls.

I just looked at your link. Where are those particular states outlined in that link? All is see if North Carolina. I also see McCain leading in many polls in your link as well. Count em.

All states are on the left side of the screen.

Rove is lying outright.

Bullshit.

You just make up the shit on the fly and throw out the limited support of one example that supports your claim AS IF it were universally true.

Are you an idiot?

Carb said that during the same week in 2008 that McCain was up in most polls. Both of your links support that.

I'll ask the same question again but answer myself this time. Are you an idiot? Yes.

Which states is Rove talking about?

Obama can lose 90 electoral votes from 2008 and still win the election.

"Which states is Rove talking about?"

Over the same past week in 2008 in North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio for example, McCain was leading in most of the polls

What are you answering yourself before you ask your own question?

:confused:

Rove is lying outright.

Bullshit.

Are you an idiot?

Carb said that during the same week in 2008 that McCain was up in most polls. Both of your links support that.

I'll ask the same question again but answer myself this time. Are you an idiot? Yes.

Slow down here. I think we all are getting ahead of each other.

Who wants to repost what we arguing over?

Bullshit.

Are you an idiot?

For all 3 states, RCP shows McCain in the lead in the majority of the polls at this time in 2008 which is exactly what Carb said.

Let's bring the whole story here where we can see it:

Political strategist Karl Rove Wednesday said recent polls show President Barack Obama in "desperate shape" in some key states he carried in 2008 and urged Republicans not to be discouraged by polls suggesting Mitt Romney has been wounded too severely by campaign missteps to recover.
"The swing state poll shows the president in desperate shape in territory he carried with ease in 2008," Rove said told Fox News' Neil Cavuto Wednesday evening, referring to a recent USA Today/Gallup poll showing Obama up by 48 percent to 46 percent over Romney.

Rove, a Fox News contributor and the founder of the Republican super PAC Crossroad GPS, said a closer look at the poll, however, indicates trouble ahead for the president in many of the 11 key battleground states when compared to a similar poll from the 2008 presidential race.

Rove noted that Obama was ahead of Sen. John McCain then with 55 percent of likely voters, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted in mid-September of that campaign.

"It's amazing to me," Rove said, adding that he would be worried "if I were in the White House and looking at this."
Rove said the media tends to "endow" political polls "with a false scientific precision that they do not have. They do not necessarily predict the outcome of an event that`s going to take place 49 days from now."

As an example, Rove pointed to the 1980 Reagan-Carter campaign, noting that Ronald Reagan was down significantly in the polls through September and October and came back in the final days to beat President Jimmy Carter.
He said that election was similar to the one playing out now between Obama and Romney.

"People were saying, 'You know what, this guy [Carter] is so bad. We have got double-digit inflation, double-digit unemployment, we got double-digit interest rates. . . Why is Ronald Reagan losing to Jimmy Carter?'" Rove said, adding: "Everyone said, 'Oh my God, we are going to lose. And, of course, we didn't."

Are you an idiot?

For all 3 states, RCP shows McCain in the lead in the majority of the polls at this time in 2008 which is exactly what Carb said.

I just reposted it. Where is NC mentioned? It may be there but I'm missing it.

Rove is lying outright.

Bullshit.

Are you an idiot?

You are the idiot (like the lying Carbuncle) and you can't read the clear results showing that OBAMA, not McCain, was up, you schmuck. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/oh/ohio_mccain_vs_obama-400.html

janet-napolitano-department-of-homeland-security-what-weve-got-here-is-failure-to-communicate-sad-hill-news.jpg

Now Liabilty made his point. Who wants to refute it?

You stay out of it rightwinger because you're just a run of the mill asshole.

Last edited:
Bullshit.

Are you an idiot?

You are the idiot (like the lying Carbuncle) and you can't read the clear results showing that OBAMA, not McCain, was up, you schmuck. RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Ohio: McCain vs. Obama

You either don't know how to read or you don't know how to use the internet. :clap2:

Go to each state then click "See All: McCain vs. Obama Polling Data" underneath the polls at the top of the screen, scroll down to this week in 2008 and see the polls showing McCain leading most.

Am I wrong but one of you is looking at the top of the page and the other the individual polls?

In his post, Carb said at this time in 2008. Did he not?

Why would anyone look at the top of the page unless they did not know how to navigate the internet?

Am I wrong but one of you is looking at the top of the page and the other the individual polls?

In his post, Carb said at this time in 2008. Did he not?

Why would anyone look at the top of the page unless they did not know how to navigate the internet?

RECAPPING

"Over the same past week in 2008 in North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio for example, McCain was leading in most of the polls.---NY Carbineer

When this is done I may have a new career as a referee.:eusa_angel:

Carry on...

1tapiacard100720001.jpg

Last edited:
So the best Rove can offer is that Romney will not lose as badly as McCain

Time for Republicans to celebrate

Forum List

Back