Karl Rove: Obama 'In Desperate Shape'

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Karl Rove: Obama 'In Desperate Shape'
Thursday, 20 Sep 2012 10:42 AM

By Greg McDonald

Political strategist Karl Rove Wednesday said recent polls show President Barack Obama in "desperate shape" in some key states he carried in 2008 and urged Republicans not to be discouraged by polls suggesting Mitt Romney has been wounded too severely by campaign missteps to recover.
"The swing state poll shows the president in desperate shape in territory he carried with ease in 2008," Rove said told Fox News' Neil Cavuto Wednesday evening, referring to a recent USA Today/Gallup poll showing Obama up by 48 percent to 46 percent over Romney.

Rove, a Fox News contributor and the founder of the Republican super PAC Crossroad GPS, said a closer look at the poll, however, indicates trouble ahead for the president in many of the 11 key battleground states when compared to a similar poll from the 2008 presidential race.

Rove noted that Obama was ahead of Sen. John McCain then with 55 percent of likely voters, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll conducted in mid-September of that campaign.

"So Mitt Romney is already running ahead of the pace of John McCain. And President Obama is running . . . over six points behind where he did in these states in 2008," Rove told Cavuto.

"It's amazing to me," Rove said, adding that he would be worried "if I were in the White House and looking at this."
Rove said the media tends to "endow" political polls "with a false scientific precision that they do not have. They do not necessarily predict the outcome of an event that`s going to take place 49 days from now."

As an example, Rove pointed to the 1980 Reagan-Carter campaign, noting that Ronald Reagan was down significantly in the polls through September and October and came back in the final days to beat President Jimmy Carter.
He said that election was similar to the one playing out now between Obama and Romney.

"People were saying, 'You know what, this guy [Carter] is so bad. We have got double-digit inflation, double-digit unemployment, we got double-digit interest rates. . . Why is Ronald Reagan losing to Jimmy Carter?'" Rove said, adding: "Everyone said, 'Oh my God, we are going to lose. And, of course, we didn't."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/polls-rove-desperate-behind/2012/09/20/id/456928

Last edited:
  • Banned
Newsmax? Romney is tanking and Rove says Obama in desperate shape? So funny...

Funny? I bet you thought it was funny when he got Boooooooosh elected...TWICE! .... Stupid fucking asshole that you are.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!!!!

Most of the swing state polls released this week completely contradict Rove. What is he looking at?

Romney-Half-believe.jpg

The only thing keeping obama alive at this point is the continued cooperation of the Clintons. They can end his campaign in a second.

Most of the swing state polls released this week completely contradict Rove. What is he looking at?

Probably the data itself...

Do you believe 0bama will get the turnout he got in 2008?

If you do, we need to talk about a bridge that's just what you've been looking for.. got it real cheap for ya...

He explained it last night. I tried to find the video. He was on O'Reilly. something to do with the base assumption numbers that were from 2008. He did a great job of detailing how the numbers are skewered. He wasn't trying to be partisan. O'Reilly grilled him along the lines of what you said.

I started a thread earlier about it but can't find the clip. I'll try again.

Ah, Newsmax. Somebody mentioned that earlier. I guess I have been to that site before.

People should listen to Karl Rove. Anybody who can get George W. Bush elected twice has got mad skills.

Karl Rove is the one looking desperate these days, his stuttering is getting worse!

This isn't the video I wanted but it's similar. This one is a few days old.

Last night he really went into detail on why the polls are skewered. He broke down counties and all kinds of mathematical factors not being accounted for in the polls we hear about. He used results from other elections to show how prior to those elections the polls were wrong.

Special Report with Bret Baier | Karl Rove

Last edited:
Newsmax? Romney is tanking and Rove says Obama in desperate shape? So funny...

Evidence of Romney tanking? If you are referring to polls like Gallup who happens to have Obama up 1% point while polling 41% more democrats than republicans....only.up 1% while polling 41% more democrats?

I think some of the polls and the MSM are the ones in desperate shape.

If you do, we need to talk about a bridge that's just what you've been looking for.. got it real cheap for ya...

After the raw data is collected, it is weighted according to the last election. If obama won the state by 10 points, then raw data collected in this election will be weighted to reflect that previous ten point margin.

After the raw data is collected, it is weighted according to the last election. If obama won the state by 10 points, then raw data collected in this election will be weighted to reflect that previous ten point margin.

Who knew that USMB posters know more about polling than the pollsters? Amazing.

Forum List

Back