Kaci Hickox: hero, or asshole do-gooder?

Brucethethinker

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
She's so dedicated to helping ebola patients in Africa, but she whines like little brat when she's asked to quarantine herself for the safety of her fellow Americans. She cares so much about Africans, not so much about the safety of Americans. Maybe she should have stayed in Africa?

So often do-gooders cause more harm than good.

She did do good for the West Africans, we assume and that was nice. What the belly aching was about, I don't know. She is an intelligent person, she should have expected a quarantine on her return.

She was acting as though the wanted a ticker parade upon returning, but instead, it was "Come with me." For someone who is always thing of others, it really baffles me that she didn't think this would happen. The American people are taking precautions as they should.

She did do good for the West Africans, we assume and that was nice. What the belly aching was about, I don't know. She is an intelligent person, she should have expected a quarantine on her return.

She was acting as though the wanted a ticker parade upon returning, but instead, it was "Come with me." For someone who is always thing of others, it really baffles me that she didn't think this would happen. The American people are taking precautions as they should.

Agreed. She should have self-quarantined, had other protections for the public not been in place. Now she is free to roam, just like the Dr. who came home and went bowling, dining, etc., before being diagnosed with Ebola and who is in serious condition. And let us not forget Thomas Duncan? He was symptom free, coming here from Liberia.

She is now free. New Jersey let her go home to Maine. If I were her parents, I send her right back to quarantine!

She was give no warning, thrown into a room, had her handbag and phone taken away from her, asked questions for hours, and would not be told why she was being treated that way.

Then she was quarantined.

Christie has the right and duty to protect the public health.

He has the power to order quarantine if he thinks it necessary.

It can be done without folks being fascist assholes about it.

She's so dedicated to helping ebola patients in Africa, but she whines like little brat when she's asked to quarantine herself for the safety of her fellow Americans. She cares so much about Africans, not so much about the safety of Americans. Maybe she should have stayed in Africa?

That you even try to claim that she is some kind safety risk to her fellow Americans shows that you don't know what you're talking about in the first place. You're just another big government loving lunatic.

That you even try to claim that she is some kind safety risk to her fellow Americans shows that you don't know what you're talking about in the first place. You're just another big government loving lunatic.
I don't love big government at all, but what's the risk of her giving ebola to someone who may then die? Maybe the risk is small, but asking her to stay quarantined for 3 weeks isn't such an imposition when lives are at stake.

On another subject SwimExpert, I'm just curious, did you ever swim in the olympics?

She wasn't "asked" to do anything, doofus. She had it forced upon her. Even after tests indicated she was free of Ebola. Get your facts straight.

She's a selfish hack.
She has some nerve putting herself ahead of everyone else with which she come into contact.
As a professional, she should be well aware of the risks and should volunteer to be quarantined. Instead, she puts herself above all others and ignores the risk she may pose to others.

She was give no warning, thrown into a room, had her handbag and phone taken away from her, asked questions for hours, and would not be told why she was being treated that way.

Then she was quarantined.
So what. In the grand scheme of things, until she was cleared of any trace of Ebola, she is a major health risk to the population.

Umm, would you care to expound upon that?

Umm, would you care to expound upon that?
Sure. She's going to Africa to save all those poor third world people from ebola. She's making this huge sacrifice, because she's such a wonderful person and cares so much about her fellow man. But then she comes back and does nothing but complain, whine, threaten, and yes, BITCH, because we here in the good old USA don't want to get ebola from her. She seems to care so much more for the well being of the Africans than she does for Americans, so maybe she should stay there.

Is that clear enough?

Last edited:
I don't love big government at all, but what's the risk of her giving ebola to someone who may then die? Maybe the risk is small, but asking her to stay quarantined for 3 weeks isn't such an imposition when lives are at stake.

On another subject SwimExpert, I'm just curious, did you ever swim in the olympics?

Forum List

Back