Polls Show McConnell Wins Kentucky, Not Alison Grimes

EconChick

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2014
It doesn't matter how much liberals try to help her lying ass, McConnell has a comfortable lead.

I hate to see McConnell win, but he's head and shoulders above Grimes.

A Grimes victory over McConnell is meaningless. They are virtually identical in terms of how they would govern.

I don't see where Grimes ever differentiated herself from McConnell at all.

It doesn't matter how much liberals try to help her lying ass, McConnell has a comfortable lead.

Agreed, and aren't our elections too often reduced to the lesser of two evils?

A Grimes victory over McConnell is meaningless. They are virtually identical in terms of how they would govern.

Nope. Grimes would support the Obama agenda 100 percent.

And McConnell is the minority leader, possibly the majority leader if the GOP takes the Senate. This means he can do far, far, far more damage than Grimes. He would wield a lot more power than Grimes could, and that is why he will win.

The rubes might whine about deficit spending, but they will almost always vote for the guy who can bring home the most pork without losing a wink of sleep over their raging hypocrisy.

No one can bring home more pork than McConnell. Just ask him.

Which is why we have one of the most evil Congresses and White Houses in a long time.

Nope. Grimes would support the Obama agenda 100 percent.

And McConnell is the minority leader, possibly the majority leader if the GOP takes the Senate. This means he can do far, far, far more damage than Grimes. He would wield a lot more power than Grimes could, and that is why he will win.

The rubes might whine about deficit spending, but they will almost always vote for the guy who can bring home the most pork without losing a wink of sleep of their raging hypocrisy.

No one can bring home more pork than McConnell. Just ask him.

I guess I've never understood what this "Obama agenda" is, exactly. To me, it looks very much like the old "Bush agenda"--albeit with wiser tax policy (that's not saying much, though).

The diff will come if the Repubs capture both Houses of Congress. Obama's cabinet and best staffers will bail out and the WH impact will be minimized.

Which is why we have one of the most evil Congresses and White Houses in a long time.

I'm not sure "evil" is the correct descriptor and such has been our plight for much longer than the past decade.

The diff will come if the Repubs capture both Houses of Congress. Obama's cabinet and best staffers will bail out and the WH impact will be minimized.

I actually rather look forward to total control of the nation by Republicans. What better way to remind working people of what the right wing really believes?

I guess I've never understood what this "Obama agenda" is, exactly.

The Obama agenda:

1. Raising the minimum wage.

2. Enacting "fair pay".

3. Refinancing student loans.

4. Extending insurance for the unemployed.

5. Immigration reform.

6. "Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing"

The GOP agenda:

1. ???

2. ???

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

Why would anyone in Kentucky vote for Communists/Democrats? They stand for everything Kentuckians oppose. I'm always surprised anyone votes for Democrats in places like Kentucky. What's that all about?

That being said, it shouldn't even be close. The fact it is sort of close says a lot about McConnell. He's not well-liked by even Republicans. But when faced with either voting for Communist/Democrat assholes or him, it's a no-brainer you go with him. So i think he'll win, but it shouldn't have been this close.

I'm not sure "evil" is the correct descriptor and such has been our plight for much longer than the past decade.
Evil...or stupid.

The momentum in almost every race is going to the GOP. The Dems are pulling national dollars from many races and channeling them to seats thought safe for them.
This will be a route. A thumping. A shellacking not seen since Harry Truman's day.

The momentum in almost every race is going to the GOP. The Dems are pulling national dollars from many races and channeling them to seats thought safe for them.
This will be a route. A thumping. A shellacking not seen since Harry Truman's day.

God let's hope so. Time for the Communists to go.

God let's hope so. Time for the Communists to go.
The bedwetters in the GOP will buy into the media hype that they must "work with the president" and "be bipartisan." Bipartisanship is important to Democrats when they're the minority party. When they hold the majority its "fuck em, we've got the votes."
Let's hope they remember they were sent there to stymie Obama's radical failed agenda and roll back his failed policies.

"The momentum in almost every race is going to the GOP." Wrong. The momentum is a tightening in most of the toss up states, but the call still looks like the Republicans take the Senate with at least 51 seats.

Forum List

Back