Justice Scalia Thinks Black Students Belong In 'Slower-Track' Schools

Affirmative Action gets the horse to water, but making it drink is something else altogether.

Blacks in general cannot compete with whites and Asians scholastically, and everyone knows it.

I don't know that I would put it so strongly.

There are plenty of people in ALL ETHNIC groups who should not go to college. The percentage in the black population is significantly higher.

There are plenty that can compete and succeed and contribute.
This is true but the word "plenty" needs to be quantified based on percent of population.
There are "plenty" of negro Nobel Prize winners.
Fifteen in total. All but one who won the prize received it for "Peace" whatever the fuck that means.
Bonobo received one for simply putting on his own shoes.

Do you or do you not believe what the 'scientists' have determined visa vi the general IQ levels of various races?
I know I'll never get an honest answer from you and that proves the point.
Oh, there's an honest answer all right. One racist stupid fucks never want to hear.

Genetically Speaking, Race Doesn't Exist In Humans

Humans are one of the most genetically homogenous species we know of. There's lots of genetic variation in humanity, but it's basically at the individual level. The between-population variation is very, very minor."

Among Templeton's conclusions: there is more genetic similarity between Europeans and sub-Saharan Africans and between Europeans and Melanesians, inhabitants of islands northeast of Australia, than there is between Africans and Melanesians. Yet, sub-Saharan Africans and Melanesians share dark skin, hair texture and cranial-facial features, traits commonly used to classify people into races. According to Templeton, this example shows that "racial traits" are grossly incompatible with overall genetic differences between human populations.
Why didn't you address the scientific fact that the negro race generally has lower IQs than the White and Asian races?
Because YOU would have to fucking claim your precious 'scientists' are wrong.
Facts are facts asshole. Negroes generally have IQs in the low eighties. Whites generally have IQs around 120.

Wikipedia reports the gap to be 15 to 18 points.

Significant, but not as extreme as you are claiming.

And yes, still enough to serious impact representation is college, including which colleges.
There are many scientific studies which put the gap higher than 18 points.
https://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf
But 18 points is still enough of a difference to explain the disparities between the white and negro races.
School curriculums have been designed so the average person with an average IQ can be taught successfully.
Take a race of people with generally IQs 18 points lower than the curriculum was designed for and people wonder why negroes have such a difficult time learning in school.
It's not rocket science and it's not 'racist' to point out the obvious which is exactly what the judge has done.

Race blind admissions will let in those that are qualified and those will do well.

As Marty posted a very interesting example of.

Better to have a smaller, but qualified and successful college educated population than a larger group that fails at a high rate.

YOu know something else that has not been mentioned?

How many of these people end up with no degree and high student loans?
About 80% drop out. Forget about the taxpayer ever getting the student loans paid back.
What comes to the mind of an admissions board member when they see an application with a 'B' average and the name 'Jontray Williams' on it?

Affirmative Action gets the horse to water, but making it drink is something else altogether.

Blacks in general cannot compete with whites and Asians scholastically, and everyone knows it.

There are plenty of people in ALL ETHNIC groups who should not go to college. The percentage in the black population is significantly higher.

I fail to see much difference. Obviously there are blacks who an compete and succeed, but in the effort to make elite colleges more diverse, large-scale failure is inevitable.

This is true but the word "plenty" needs to be quantified based on percent of population.
There are "plenty" of negro Nobel Prize winners.
Fifteen in total. All but one who won the prize received it for "Peace" whatever the fuck that means.
Bonobo received one for simply putting on his own shoes.

Fuck the Nobel Prize.

I have an old buddy of mine who last I heard was an engineer for GE. He would tell jokes about how stupid the Japanese were when it came to installing GE products.

I fail to see much difference. Obviously there are blacks who an compete and succeed, but in the effort to make elite colleges more diverse, large-scale failure is inevitable.

The effort to make elite colleges representative of the population is certainly doomed to fail.

But we don't want to give the false impression there won't be ANY blacks there.

I also want to add, that I strongly suspect my plumber is a millionaire.

He seems to be average to bright intelligence, and has been in the field for a long time and works hard, and has his sons working with him now, and multiple trucks,

And if his total worth is not above a million, it is not probably far off.

Lack of a college degree does not mean failure AND we can and should take steps to make that more so, as Degree Inflation is a problem for many other reasons than just screwing Blacks.

The average IQ of students attending elite universities and institutions like MIT is above 130 and closer to 140.
There are obviously negroes who have an IQ in that range.
The exception however does prove the rule.

Oh, there's an honest answer all right. One racist stupid fucks never want to hear.

Genetically Speaking, Race Doesn't Exist In Humans

Humans are one of the most genetically homogenous species we know of. There's lots of genetic variation in humanity, but it's basically at the individual level. The between-population variation is very, very minor."

Among Templeton's conclusions: there is more genetic similarity between Europeans and sub-Saharan Africans and between Europeans and Melanesians, inhabitants of islands northeast of Australia, than there is between Africans and Melanesians. Yet, sub-Saharan Africans and Melanesians share dark skin, hair texture and cranial-facial features, traits commonly used to classify people into races. According to Templeton, this example shows that "racial traits" are grossly incompatible with overall genetic differences between human populations.
Why didn't you address the scientific fact that the negro race generally has lower IQs than the White and Asian races?
Facts are facts asshole. Negroes generally have IQs in the low eighties. Whites generally have IQs around 120.

And yes, still enough to serious impact representation is college, including which colleges.
But 18 points is still enough of a difference to explain the disparities between the white and negro races.
School curriculums have been designed so the average person with an average IQ can be taught successfully.
Take a race of people with generally IQs 18 points lower than the curriculum was designed for and people wonder why negroes have such a difficult time learning in school.
It's not rocket science and it's not 'racist' to point out the obvious which is exactly what the judge has done.

Race blind admissions will let in those that are qualified and those will do well.

Better to have a smaller, but qualified and successful college educated population than a larger group that fails at a high rate.

About 80% drop out. Forget about the taxpayer ever getting the student loans paid back.
What comes to the mind of an admissions board member when they see an application with a 'B' average and the name 'Jontray Williams' on it?

They will eventually start taking tax refunds and garnishing wages.

The Taxpayer might not get it all back, but the debtor will be screwed for a long time.

Especially as, for the Poor and Working Poor, the Tax Refund is the only time they get a relatively large lump sum that they can use, potentially for some form of improvement in their life (Security deposit, down payment, car, ect)

The average IQ of students attending elite universities and institutions like MIT is above 130 and closer to 140.
There are obviously negroes who have an IQ in that range.
The exception however does prove the rule.

Agreed. Just thought it should be stated for clarity.

The Taxpayer might not get it all back, but the debtor will be screwed for a long time.

Especially as, for the Poor and Working Poor, the Tax Refund is the only time they get a relatively large lump sum that they can use, potentially for some form of improvement in their life (Security deposit, down payment, car, ect)
Not positive on the number but about half the working population has never and will never pay a dime in Federal Income tax.
People who were streamed through school then admitted to elite universities through AA never mention they dropped out on their application form for employment. "I see you got into Harvard but you only stayed for six months. Care to explain why?".

Not positive on the number but about half the working population has never and will never pay a dime in Federal Income tax.
People who were streamed through school then admitted to elite universities through AA never mention they dropped out on their application form for employment. "I see you got into Harvard but you only stayed for six months. Care to explain why?".

True, but some of those who don't pay still get "refunds" due to Earned Income Credit (i think that is what it is called).

True, but some of those who don't pay still get "refunds" due to Earned Income Credit (i think that is what it is called).
Yes but the EIC can not be taken away/withheld to pay off a Government dept.
It's basically a subsidy for low income families.

McWhorter blames two social workers who trumpeted welfare for the demise of the black family and -- get this -- Malcolm X for giving us a rage that leads us nowhere.
John McWhorter, Party of One

So yes, indirectly you are calling him an Uncle Tom.

Coward.
Lol asshole I did no such thing ...go fuck yourself shit breath....you are the coward you believe Blacks are inferior but you deny believing that...why are you not courageous in your views like this guy

I do not believe any one group is inferior as whole. I judge individuals, for example you are a jackass, pure and simple.

I did not know that. (the first part)

I did not know that. (the first part)
Ya it's like the old age pension. The Government can't touch it no matter how much money you owe them.

Sowell: Justice Scalia attacked for speaking the plain truth

SOWELL_Thomas_bw38-770x0-c-default.jpg

By Thomas Sowell

Published: December 15, 2015, 6:00 AM

Among the many sad signs of our time are the current political and media attacks on Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, for speaking the plain truth on a subject where lies have been the norm for years.

The case before the High Court is whether the use of race as a basis for admitting students to the University of Texas at Austin is a violation of the 14th Amendment’s requirement for government institutions to provide “equal protection of the laws” to all.

Affirmative action is supposed to be a benefit to black and other minority students admitted with lower academic qualifications than some white students who are rejected. But Justice Scalia questioned whether being admitted to an institution geared to students with higher-powered academic records was a real benefit.

Despite much media spin, the issue is not whether blacks in general should be admitted to higher-ranked or lower-ranked institutions. The issue is whether a given black student, with given academic qualifications, should be admitted to a college or university where he would not be admitted if he were white.

Empirical research over the years has confirmed Justice Scalia’s concern that admitting black students to institutions for which their academic preparation is not sufficient can be making them worse off instead of better off.

I became painfully aware of this problem more than 40 years ago, when I was teaching at Cornell University, and discovered that half the black students there were on some form of academic probation.

These students were not stupid or uneducable. On the contrary, the average black student at Cornell at that time scored at the 75th percentile on scholastic tests. Their academic qualifications were better than those of three-quarters of all American students who took those tests.

Why were they in trouble at Cornell, then? Because the average Cornell student in the liberal arts college at that time scored at the 99th percentile. The classes taught there — including mine — moved at a speed geared to the verbal and mathematical level of the top 1 percent of American students.

The average white student would have been wiped out at Cornell. But the average white student was unlikely to be admitted to Cornell in the first place. As was a white student who scored at the 75th percentile.

That was a “favor” reserved for black students. This “favor” turned black students who would have been successful at most American colleges and universities into failures at Cornell.

None of this was peculiar to Cornell. Black students who scored at the 90th percentile in math had serious academic problems trying to keep up at M.I.T., where other students scored somewhere within the top 99th percentile.

Facts or symbolism?
Justice Scalia was not talking about sending black students to substandard colleges and universities to get an inferior education. You may in fact get a much better education at an institution that teaches at a pace that you can handle and master. In later life, no one is going to care how fast you learned something, so long as you know it.

SOWELL_Thomas_bw38-770x0-c-default.jpg

By Thomas Sowell

Published: December 15, 2015, 6:00 AM

Among the many sad signs of our time are the current political and media attacks on Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, for speaking the plain truth on a subject where lies have been the norm for years.

The case before the High Court is whether the use of race as a basis for admitting students to the University of Texas at Austin is a violation of the 14th Amendment’s requirement for government institutions to provide “equal protection of the laws” to all.

Affirmative action is supposed to be a benefit to black and other minority students admitted with lower academic qualifications than some white students who are rejected. But Justice Scalia questioned whether being admitted to an institution geared to students with higher-powered academic records was a real benefit.

Despite much media spin, the issue is not whether blacks in general should be admitted to higher-ranked or lower-ranked institutions. The issue is whether a given black student, with given academic qualifications, should be admitted to a college or university where he would not be admitted if he were white.

Empirical research over the years has confirmed Justice Scalia’s concern that admitting black students to institutions for which their academic preparation is not sufficient can be making them worse off instead of better off.

I became painfully aware of this problem more than 40 years ago, when I was teaching at Cornell University, and discovered that half the black students there were on some form of academic probation.

These students were not stupid or uneducable. On the contrary, the average black student at Cornell at that time scored at the 75th percentile on scholastic tests. Their academic qualifications were better than those of three-quarters of all American students who took those tests.

Why were they in trouble at Cornell, then? Because the average Cornell student in the liberal arts college at that time scored at the 99th percentile. The classes taught there — including mine — moved at a speed geared to the verbal and mathematical level of the top 1 percent of American students.

The average white student would have been wiped out at Cornell. But the average white student was unlikely to be admitted to Cornell in the first place. As was a white student who scored at the 75th percentile.

That was a “favor” reserved for black students. This “favor” turned black students who would have been successful at most American colleges and universities into failures at Cornell.

None of this was peculiar to Cornell. Black students who scored at the 90th percentile in math had serious academic problems trying to keep up at M.I.T., where other students scored somewhere within the top 99th percentile.

Facts or symbolism?
Justice Scalia was not talking about sending black students to substandard colleges and universities to get an inferior education. You may in fact get a much better education at an institution that teaches at a pace that you can handle and master. In later life, no one is going to care how fast you learned something, so long as you know it.

This is what I have been posting.
The White Guiler LIBs obviously can not comprehend simple logic.
"Everyone deserves a trophy. Everyone is equal. No race is smarter than another". Ya fucking right!

Forum List

Back