Just voted in Oklahoma!!! Coburn will keep

phadras

Feb 17, 2004
the Senate seat vacated by Don Nickles by a wide margin.... In the parking lot at the 7th day Adventist Church where I voted almost ALL the vehicles had Bush stickers.... Not a single Kerry.. Of course Oklahoma will go big for Bush but the Senate race was viewed as tight for a while.... Till the Democrat candidate Carson ignorantly took a $500,000.00 dollar check from the trial lawyers pac...That cinched it for Coburn....No Republican seat turning Democrat in this Sooner State...BOOMER SOONER!!! VOTE BUSH!!!!

phadras said:
the Senate seat vacated by Don Nickles by a wide margin.... In the parking lot at the 7th day Adventist Church where I voted almost ALL the vehicles had Bush stickers.... Not a single Kerry.. Of course Oklahoma will go big for Bush but the Senate race was viewed as tight for a while.... Till the Democrat candidate Carson ignorantly took a $500,000.00 dollar check from the trial lawyers pac...That cinched it for Coburn....No Republican seat turning Democrat in this Sooner State...BOOMER SOONER!!! VOTE BUSH!!!!

Any truth to the rumor that JC Watts may end up on the Pres ticket for 2008?

phadras said:

well OK----I will like Oklahoma for 1 day but thats it ! :teeth:

Whew! That was a nasty campaign! I live on the "border" between Oklahoma and Texas, so a couple of the tv stations here were running ads for both. A bit confusing when you don't keep up with Oklahoma politics, too. With some of the ads Carson was running, I thought he was the Republican for awhile. Finally figured out he was pulling a Kerry and trying to pander to Conservative independents. It was kind of fun to watch when you didn't have to vote for either of them.

dilloduck said:
well OK----I will like Oklahoma for 1 day but thats it ! :teeth:

Or a shorthorn...hehehe I live in Norman.. BA, MA University of Oklahoma!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Fmr jarhead said:
Any truth to the rumor that JC Watts may end up on the Pres ticket for 2008?

voted for him myself several times as he was my representative.. Funny too as this district has a very small minority population.. 'Course it did not hurt that he was a quarterback for the Sooners!! And a great guy... Now he seems less interested in politics... Frankly I think he got tired of being labeled an "Uncle Tom" by the democrat black caucus... Would not be surprised though if he ran for Governor in a few years...

Forum List

Back