Just Saw a Bloomberg Ad Touting Obamacare

What happened to allowing competition across state lines, and the opening up of that competition to assure better prices, quality, and affordability where as the phonies held up by the government will then be revealed, and therefore they will fall by the wayside just as it should be ?? This is when real competitive independent care givers and medicine takes it's place for a proper run system again.. Government can't run crap as is proven in the public sectors, and depending on government is the wrong way to go. Let them run the military and such, but stay out of everything else is my opinion. Government run by the Democrats has sought to destroy the private and public sectors in order to take control of them, and this must stop now.
There are state’s that have opened up state lines and it really hasn’t helped. I don’t think markets work well for healthcare. When you are in the ambulance you can’t really call around for pricing. When you need life saving surgery you aren’t likely to pick the cheap option...
Since when do people shop for Health Insurance while they are in an ambulance? Were you dropped on your head today?
Yes they aren’t shopping for where they can get the cheapest treatment, that is the point.
Health Care and Health Insurance are two different issues. No one in America is denied Health Care.

Nobody is in an ambulance shopping for "Health Insurance"

Paying for someone else's Health Insurance is what Obama Care is all about, and The Federal Government cannot force another American to pay for a product like that.

Next you are going to tell me that I have to pay for an Illegal Alien's Car Insurance.

That is a violation of The Commerce Clause.
And depending on where you go you might have a lot more out of pocket, Some hospitals are in network, some aren’t. Some doctors are in network some aren’t. It’s a big shitshow.
Insurance was far better before Obama tried to take over 1\6th of the Economy like the little commie bastard he was.

Just take Government out of Health Insurance and open the market up to cross state competition, even allow Americans to buy drugs from Canada and Mexico and The Market will correct itself over night.

It's all these government subsidizing of individuals that gives These Insurance Companies too much leverage to fix prices in their favor because they are guaranteed a market.

There are state’s that have opened up state lines and it really hasn’t helped. I don’t think markets work well for healthcare. When you are in the ambulance you can’t really call around for pricing. When you need life saving surgery you aren’t likely to pick the cheap option...
Since when do people shop for Health Insurance while they are in an ambulance? Were you dropped on your head today?
Yes they aren’t shopping for where they can get the cheapest treatment, that is the point.
Health Care and Health Insurance are two different issues. No one in America is denied Health Care.

Paying for someone else's Health Insurance is what Obama Care is all about, and The Federal Government cannot force another American to pay for a product like that.

Next you are going to tell me that I have to pay for an Illegal Alien's Car Insurance.

And depending on where you go you might have a lot more out of pocket, Some hospitals are in network, some aren’t. Some doctors are in network some aren’t. It’s a big shitshow.
Insurance was far better before Obama tried to take over 1\6th of the Economy like the little commie bastard he was.

Just take Government out of Health Insurance and open the market up to cross state competition, even allow Americans to buy drugs from Canada and Mexico and The Market will correct itself over night.

It's all these government subsidizing of individuals that gives These Insurance Companies too much leverage to fix prices in their favor because they are guaranteed a market.
We got Obamacare because of skyrocketing healthcare costs. If things were good before Obamacare we’d have never gotten it.

We got Obamacare because of skyrocketing healthcare costs. If things were good before Obamacare we’d have never gotten it.
Healthcare did not really start Skyrocketing until Obama got in to office and started dicking with things he was completely unqualified and too incompetent to dick with.

Republicans have no plan....

No plan would be a heck of a lot better than a crap plan.
Perhaps but it also helps nobody.
Perhaps "Nobody" Should Get off HIS ASS, and Get a Job!
Huh?
Your friend "Nobody" should get a job.

All your illegal aliens, and couch surfing buddies need to get out of the country or get jobs. We are not paying for anyone's health insurance.

Healthcare did not really start Skyrocketing until Obama got in to office and started dicking with things he was completely unqualified and too incompetent to dick with.
You clearly have no clue.

Huh?

All your illegal aliens, and couch surfing buddies need to get out of the country or get jobs. We are not paying for anyone's health insurance.

Huh?

Huh?

You really have no clue. People have jobs and they pay a lot for insurance with every paycheck, And then when someone gets sick they pay a lot out of pocket. You must be one of them old righties on Medicare who have no clue...

It’s interesting, although you thought you were being clever and funny, in a way you are completely unaware of, you actually outlined how many of us conservatives feel about healthcare. That being- less government in the system is better.

And still, Republicans have no plan. How many attempted "show" repeal votes in the House during the Obama years? How many years of undercutting and trying to weaken the ACA? All the while making healthcare in this country a bigger disaster each year (and it was an expensive mess before 2009). You want less government in the system, but by trying to constantly undercut the existing ACA a piece at a time, it is pushing the country in exactly the direction of Medicare for All. The ACA is enjoying popularity now that it never even got close to ten years ago..even in red states. Take that away (even a piece at a time) and public sentiment will turn against Republicans. The push toward Medicare for All/Public option/Single payer will become a reality...and Republicans will have helped make it happen.

It’s interesting, although you thought you were being clever and funny, in a way you are completely unaware of, you actually outlined how many of us conservatives feel about healthcare. That being- less government in the system is better.
It’s nice you feel that way but it’s still becoming unaffordable for many. And it affects a lot of people so no plan won’t be a winner for you.

The problem is nobody is asking WHY "it's still becoming unaffordable for many" and looking for honest answers, all politicians want to do is blame whatever target they think they can sell to their "base" as a good boogeyman and then pander to that base with a bunch of horseshit "plans" for further government take over.

I have yet to hear a single politician from either of the major political crime families even ATTEMPT to address the question honestly and without partisan or ideological bias; that's why they keep making it WORSE and then have to come up with new "plans" to "fix" everything the earlier "plans" broke.

Case in point ... Bloombergs "plans" to "fix" (or as his campaign puts it "build upon") the ACA, it's a proposal to FIX the fucking FIX.
What happened to allowing competition across state lines, and the opening up of that competition to assure better prices, quality, and affordability where as the phonies held up by the government will then be revealed, and therefore they will fall by the wayside just as it should be ?? This is when real competitive independent care givers and medicine takes it's place for a proper run system again.. Government can't run crap as is proven in the public sectors, and depending on government is the wrong way to go. Let them run the military and such, but stay out of everything else is my opinion. Government run by the Democrats has sought to destroy the private and public sectors in order to take control of them, and this must stop now.

When Theory Collides with Reality
While the frustration with the costs of our current health care system is well-founded, proposals to allow cross-state sales will do nothing to encourage greater competition or address the underlying drivers of health care costs. Just like politics, health insurance is local. Today’s health plans essentially provide enrollees with access to a local network of doctors and hospitals at a discounted price. According to many insurance experts, the primary barrier for an insurer looking to enter a new market is not the state’s regulations, it’s the cost of building up a provider network at discounted prices.

To date, six states have enacted laws to allow cross-state sales: Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Rhode Island, Washington, and Wyoming. Yet none of these states has had a single new insurer enter its market because of its law. When asked about their laws, state officials and insurance industry experts in those states agreed that establishing a competitive provider network is the primary barrier to new market entrants. They also observed that the sheer complexity of how insurance products are developed, priced, and regulated makes it difficult to establish a single cross-state framework for consumer protection.

At the same time, there is a significant risk that if the ACA’s insurance reforms are repealed, and Congress enacts legislation to mandate cross-state sales, it could lead to adverse selection in many states. Without a federal minimum standard of protections, some multistate insurers with national or regional networks could take advantage of the exemption from a state’s standards for benefit design, premium rating, and other consumer protections. This would enable them to attract younger and healthier enrollees than local insurers who must comply with their state’s laws. This, in turn, could threaten the long-term viability of local insurers, increase premiums, and reduce consumers’ choices.

Selling health insurance across state lines doesn't lower costs or improve choice

We tried to allow people to buy prescription medicine out of Canada.

It was defeated in a bipartisan manner. With this being the case, I support the defeat of those who promoted that defeat. The pharmacuetical and insurance industries.

Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

You really have no clue. People have jobs and they pay a lot for insurance with every paycheck, And then when someone gets sick they pay a lot out of pocket. You must be one of them old righties on Medicare who have no clue...
I have a job and I have an out of pocket deductible I have to pay thanks To Obama Bin Lying.

I'm not paying one dime of my money to pay for your insurance. You and your friends get off your asses and work.

Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

I have a job and I have an out of pocket deductible I have to pay thanks To Obama Bin Lying.

I'm not paying one dime of my money to pay for your insurance. You and your friends get off your asses and work.
I just told you, we work. And healthcare is expensive. You seem really confused....

Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

I just told you, we work. And healthcare is expensive. You seem really confused....
47% of Americans, your base, pay NO TAXES. We aren't paying for your health care too.

Someday "We The People" are going to learn TANSTAFL and I'm afraid we're going to be learning the hard way.
I've been saying that for years but I've given up hoping. It amazes me how we clamor for honest government officials, not under the thumb of special interests, yet we refuse to pay for campaigns and force candidates to raise money from those same special interests. You get what you pay for (TANSTAFL).

47% of Americans, your base, pay NO TAXES. We aren't paying for your health care too.
I'd wager that 99.999% of Americans pay taxes. By some measures, the poorer you are the more taxes you pay.

Forum List

Back