Just Saw a Bloomberg Ad Touting Obamacare

I don’t have a link, it was live TV. But that’s his platform to get votes.

Can the Left get any more tone deaf?

Part of the Health Care plan that Bloomberg is campaigning on involves expanding Obamacare (from his campaign website):
Health Coverage Plan | Mike Bloomberg for President

"Build on the Affordable Care Act
The ACA made great strides in helping people who don’t get health insurance through an employer afford coverage in the individual market. Mike would reverse the Trump administration’s attempts at sabotage: He would expand enrollment efforts, restrict the sale of health plans that don’t meet ACA standards, and defend the law against politically motivated lawsuits. He would expand subsidies to cap premiums at 8.5% of a household’s income. He would create a permanent reinsurance program that, by helping insurers with the largest claims, would reduce customer premiums roughly 10%. Finally, because about a third of Americans choose not to see a dentist regularly because it is too expensive, Mike would expand Medicare to include an optional policy covering dental, hearing, and vision care, and would require all states to cover oral health services for adults in Medicaid."

When you boil them down, ALL of the Democrat Candidates have the same basic proposals for fucking up the Health Care System even more than it is; which amount to doubling down on all the ideas that got us into the current mess.

maybe i just wasn't paying much attention to his ads. in fact, i know i wasn't. but what little attention i have paid, in the ones i have seen, he doesn't say he's running for president.

like this one:

Last edited:
Republicans have no plan....

Sure they do and it's just as idiotic and ultimately doomed to failure as the Democrats "plan".

Bureaucratic
Un-affordable
Inflexible
Short sighted

Someday "We The People" are going to learn TANSTAFL and I'm afraid we're going to be learning the hard way.

It’s interesting, although you thought you were being clever and funny, in a way you are completely unaware of, you actually outlined how many of us conservatives feel about healthcare. That being- less government in the system is better.

Neither do you. In the end we will have the medical care of other nations. Eventually though it will degrade in care due to costs. There will be limits in medical care over a lifetime. There will be limits in care for existing conditions. There will be age limits set. There will be wait times. There will be massive corruption by providers as many will become wealthy as the hospitals become poorer. Lawyers will become even richer. To keep it going vices of every kind but sexual will become near illegal. And even sexual ones will end up with limited medical care. Hospitals once were medical providers. Now they are medical businesses. They will be even worse especially if there are limits on payments in different areas of care as they manipulate resources from others areas. The connected will get their care of course. That is what will happen along with massive extractions from every person's paycheck or whether it is seen or hidden.

I don’t have a link, it was live TV. But that’s his platform to get votes.

Can the Left get any more tone deaf?
Obamacare is still around, so of course he's gonna grab onto it. The thing should have been defeated, and a new policy take it's place. If you leave crumbs laying around, then what happens next ??

It’s interesting, although you thought you were being clever and funny, in a way you are completely unaware of, you actually outlined how many of us conservatives feel about healthcare. That being- less government in the system is better.

Until you want bailed out.

And who exactly would be doing the "bailing out"? You?

Give me a break, if anybody has to rely on statist, message board warriors to bail them out, then they're truly fucked, you couldn't bail out a bathtub. :rolleyes:

It’s nice you feel that way but it’s still becoming unaffordable for many. And it affects a lot of people so no plan won’t be a winner for you.

It’s nice you feel that way but it’s still becoming unaffordable for many. And it affects a lot of people so no plan won’t be a winner for you.

The problem is nobody is asking WHY "it's still becoming unaffordable for many" and looking for honest answers, all politicians want to do is blame whatever target they think they can sell to their "base" as a good boogeyman and then pander to that base with a bunch of horseshit "plans" for further government take over.

I have yet to hear a single politician from either of the major political crime families even ATTEMPT to address the question honestly and without partisan or ideological bias; that's why they keep making it WORSE and then have to come up with new "plans" to "fix" everything the earlier "plans" broke.

Case in point ... Bloombergs "plans" to "fix" (or as his campaign puts it "build upon") the ACA, it's a proposal to FIX the fucking FIX.

“becoming unaffordable for many.”....you mean BOcare didn’t fix all that like he promised? Shocking....NOT.

ACA as a generic "thing" has a lot of supporters, mainly because it (a) guarantees that people with the dreaded "pre-existing conditions" can get health insurance, and (b) it prevents insurers from doing what insurers do: making rates very, very high for people who constitute the greatest financial risk.

It is more than conceivable that within the next year the Federal Courts will declare ACA unconstitutional in its entirety, which would potentially be catastrophic to many people. Congress will then have to act quickly and decisively...which normally means that they will create another giant cluster-fuck like they did after 9-11.

Why the Republicans don't attack this piecemeal is a puzzle to me. They claim to want to protect pre-existing conditions, to want to protect high-risk people, and to make low-cost, catastrophic insurance available to healthy people, but they don't do anything.

On the other hand, it is uber-easy for some ass-hole like Bloomberg to write (or have his minions write) about the wonderful things he will do if he is elected. Adults reading this nonsense recognize that no President has the power to do what he says he will do. But it costs him nothing and there is no downside risk. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

Give me a break, if anybody has to rely on statist, message board warriors to bail them out, then they're truly fucked, you couldn't bail out a bathtub. :rolleyes:

Well right now it's on the backs of future generations.

And the more the government intervenes (spends), the bigger the load is on future generations. It is virtually and literally impossible for the US government to expand government healthcare programs like Medicare without adding to the National debt.

And the more the government intervenes (spends), the bigger the load is on future generations. It is virtually and literally impossible for the US government to expand government healthcare programs like Medicare without adding to the National debt.

How is that deficit doing under Trump?

“becoming unaffordable for many.”....you mean BOcare didn’t fix all that like he promised? Shocking....NOT.
And trump promised the best healthcare. Seems nobody is delivering. Shocking...

The problem is nobody is asking WHY "it's still becoming unaffordable for many" and looking for honest answers, all politicians want to do is blame whatever target they think they can sell to their "base" as a good boogeyman and then pander to that base with a bunch of horseshit "plans" for further government take over.

I have yet to hear a single politician from either of the major political crime families even ATTEMPT to address the question honestly and without partisan or ideological bias; that's why they keep making it WORSE and then have to come up with new "plans" to "fix" everything the earlier "plans" broke.

Case in point ... Bloombergs "plans" to "fix" (or as his campaign puts it "build upon") the ACA, it's a proposal to FIX the fucking FIX.
I have never seen any sort of study showing where all the money goes. For instance a surgery costs $10k, How do the costs breakdown? Maybe it’s because costs are impossible to track. I get bills a year after sometimes...

Forum List

Back