Just As Much A Failure As His Eponymous Plan

Pre-ObamaCare, 25% of Americans either had no insurance or inadequate insurance.
Uh...guy, good to see you spewing nonsense again. There has never been a health care crisis. Indigent emergency care was mandated by law, screwing hospitals and they had to shift the cost to the insured to cover their expenses thus insurance premiums escalated for those who bothered to purchase health insurance.
Meanwhile, the fat CEO's of Cigna and Aetna that you defend are pulling down 8 and 9 figure salaries for screwing over consumers...
Envy much? I am not in favor for CEO's excessively high salaries but if the company pays them that much it is the company's business and not mine or yours.
Quit banging your head into a wall dude, it causes brain damage and it already shows :banghead:

Had enough, Erroneous?
I think most have had enough of your bullshit. Of course there are tools out there who believe your North Korean propaganda.

Soooo.....how is it you can't find a single error in any of my posts?

It's not that I don't like you....oh, wait....yes it is.
See, I belong to The Alliance for an "Idiot-Free" America, and you're on the to-do list.

Had enough, Erroneous?
I think most have had enough of your bullshit. Of course there are tools out there who believe your North Korean propaganda.

See, I belong to The Alliance for an "Idiot-Free" America, and you're on the to-do list.
I tend to overlook some of his shortcomings due to the avi he has. I laugh every time I see it.

I can't figure it out. I just watched a Hillary ad on television. Obama claims he is creating jobs each and every month and that the economy is robust. Hillary's ad claims she will turn the economy around and create jobs. According to her ad, the county's economy is in really sad shape. Both of them can't be correct.

Had enough, Erroneous?

Once again not refuting your North Korean propaganda. Very telling.

Lies.

That, and vulgarity, is all you have, huh?

1. “…when one digs deep enough, one finds that only 8 million folks can be classified as "chronically uninsured;" that's still a problem, of course, but a much more manageable one, and puts the lie to the canard that our system is irretrievably broken.

Uh, sorry, but being temporarily uninsured is STILL a real problem if you need attention that day.

2. The U.S. Census Bureau shows that of the 47 million people identified as "uninsured," 14 million are already eligible for government programs such as Medicaid and SCHIP (for children) and simply need to sign up. Another 10 million have household incomes over $75,000. That leaves 23.7 million people who need help affording insurance, not 47 million.

Okay- and part of Obamacare was to get people to actually sign up... so I'm not seeing what you are complaining about.

But let's talk about the inadequately insured. The 25 million who had insurance that was shit. That was also a real problem

So was the Insurance companies taking money from people who had good plans like i had, and then fighting tooth and nail about actually paying the medical bills.

Again- we spend 17% of our GDP on health care and have the worst system in the industrialized world.

Mostly because tools like you think Greed is a virtue.

Had enough, Erroneous?

I tend to overlook some of his shortcomings due to the avi he has. I laugh every time I see it.

I just like to kick a rabbit when he's down.

Lies.

1. “…when one digs deep enough, one finds that only 8 million folks can be classified as "chronically uninsured;" that's still a problem, of course, but a much more manageable one, and puts the lie to the canard that our system is irretrievably broken.

Uh, sorry, but being temporarily uninsured is STILL a real problem if you need attention that day.

2. The U.S. Census Bureau shows that of the 47 million people identified as "uninsured," 14 million are already eligible for government programs such as Medicaid and SCHIP (for children) and simply need to sign up. Another 10 million have household incomes over $75,000. That leaves 23.7 million people who need help affording insurance, not 47 million.

Okay- and part of Obamacare was to get people to actually sign up... so I'm not seeing what you are complaining about.

But let's talk about the inadequately insured. The 25 million who had insurance that was shit. That was also a real problem

So was the Insurance companies taking money from people who had good plans like i had, and then fighting tooth and nail about actually paying the medical bills.

Again- we spend 17% of our GDP on health care and have the worst system in the industrialized world.

"Uh, sorry, but being temporarily uninsured is STILL a real problem if you need attention that day."

Bogus.

"When we started this health care debate a year ago, 85 percent of the American people had health insurance, and 95 percent of the 85 percent were happy with it."
George Will on Sunday, February 21st, 2010 in a roundtable segment on ABC's This Week"
Will says that 95 percent of people with health insurance are satisfied with it PolitiFact

Luckily for Obama and the Democrats, dunces like you fall right in line every time.

Lies.

"....part of Obamacare was to get people to actually sign up... so I'm not seeing what you are complaining about."

"Fewer than 13 million people signed up for Obamacare in the 2016 enrollment period, compared with the 22 million predicted by the Congressional Budget Office in May 2013."
An Insurance Giant Has Rung Obamacare's Death Knell | Diana Furchtgott-Roth

Maybe you Nazis can force 'em to sign up at bayonet point, huh?

Lies.

"Again- we spend 17% of our GDP on health care and have the worst system in the industrialized world."

Gads....another lie.

Do you have a direct line to the DNC?

America had the best healthcare in the world prior to Obama.

1 How to judge healthcare:

a) life expectancy: many people die for reasons that can’t be controlled the medical profession, such as auto accidents, murder, etc., and once you factor out care crashes and homicides, the US ranks number one in worldwide life expectancy!

“One often-heard argument, voiced by the New York Times' Paul Krugman and others, is that America lags behind other countries in crude health outcomes. But such outcomes reflect a mosaic of factors, such as diet, lifestyle, drug use and cultural values. It pains me as a doctor to say this, but health care is just one factor in health.

In The Business of Health, Robert Ohsfeldt and John Schneider factor out intentional and unintentional injuries from life-expectancy statistics and find that Americans who don't die in car crashes or homicides outlive people in any other Western country.

And if we measure a health care system by how well it serves its sick citizens, American medicine excels.
http://www.davepetno.com/blog/index.php?itemid=30

b. " The standardized estimate of life expectancy at birth is the mean of the predicted value for each country over the period 1980–99. As shown in table 1-5, the raw (not standardized) mean life expectancy at birth for the United States over this period was 75.3 years, compared to 78.7 years for Japan, 78.0 years for Iceland, and 77.7 years for Sweden. However, after accounting for the unusually high fatal-injury rates in the United States, the estimate of standardized life expectancy at birth is 76.9 years, which is higher than the estimates for any other OECD country." http://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/-the-business-of-health_110115929760.pdf

Unless you imagine ( I almost said 'think') that auto accidents, murder come under the heading of healthcare.

You probably do,huh?

That would be Barack Obama.....

....and Obamacare.

When will the Left learn that they are not capable of clear and cogent decisions on finance, governance, or healthcare???
...before or after they destroy the nation?

1. "American consumers figured out from the beginning that Obamacare wasn’t worth buying. Now insurance companies are wising up. Aetna is withdrawing from Obamacare exchanges in 11 states, following United Healthcare Group’s decision last April to leave 34 states.

2. In a well-functioning insurance market, such as for automobile accidents, insurance carriers craft countless plans to meet exactly the needs of millions of different individuals. Typically, only catastrophic unexpected events are covered, not the predictable oil changes. Automobile insurance is real insurance, and automobile owners as well as insurance companies eagerly participate.

Not so for Obamacare, which is not insurance at all. Under Obamacare annual physicals, which are predictable and routine, are covered without charge, but major surgery requires payment of a $6,000 to $12,000 deductible.

3. Aetna [stated], “This is a business decision based on higher-than-projected medical costs.... a second-quarter pretax loss of $200 million ..... we project will grow to in excess of $300 million by the end of the 2016.”

Insurance companies are making losses because fewer Americans are signing up for Obamacare than were predicted, and these Americans are sicker than average. Premiums rose in some markets by 20 percent in 2016, leading to more healthy people dropping out of plans or not enrolling, accelerating the financial imbalance. Premiums are expected to rise by a similar amount—or more—in 2017.

[Clearly, Obama is better suited to be President of Venezuela or Cuba than of America!]

4. The [failed] Obamacare model is not workable, .... It requires an expensive, comprehensive plan that obligates participants to purchase coverage for maternity care even if they have finished having children, pediatric dental care even if they are childless, mental health coverage even if they do not need it, and drug abuse coverage even if they have never taken any drugs.

5. People are not allowed to buy a simple plan that covers major illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, or falling off a bike in traffic. Furthermore, the deductibles—the amount that has to be spent before people can use the insurance—are so broad as to make coverage practically useless."

Useless 'insurance,' passed wholly by the useless party.

Sooooo.....how ya' voting in November????

first of all, dearie.... the plan is the Affordable Care Act. Even you should know that.

Second, no one thinks he's a "failure" except for deluded rightwingnuts.

the president has a 51% approval rating.

you here trying to run them down because you think it helps dumb donald?

you should really save your energy. no one listens to obamas-deranged rightwngnuts anymore....except for other obama--deranged rightwingnuts.

but thanks for yet another scintillating cut and paste

....and Obamacare.

When will the Left learn that they are not capable of clear and cogent decisions on finance, governance, or healthcare???

1. "American consumers figured out from the beginning that Obamacare wasn’t worth buying. Now insurance companies are wising up. Aetna is withdrawing from Obamacare exchanges in 11 states, following United Healthcare Group’s decision last April to leave 34 states.

2. In a well-functioning insurance market, such as for automobile accidents, insurance carriers craft countless plans to meet exactly the needs of millions of different individuals. Typically, only catastrophic unexpected events are covered, not the predictable oil changes. Automobile insurance is real insurance, and automobile owners as well as insurance companies eagerly participate.

Not so for Obamacare, which is not insurance at all. Under Obamacare annual physicals, which are predictable and routine, are covered without charge, but major surgery requires payment of a $6,000 to $12,000 deductible.

3. Aetna [stated], “This is a business decision based on higher-than-projected medical costs.... a second-quarter pretax loss of $200 million ..... we project will grow to in excess of $300 million by the end of the 2016.”

Insurance companies are making losses because fewer Americans are signing up for Obamacare than were predicted, and these Americans are sicker than average. Premiums rose in some markets by 20 percent in 2016, leading to more healthy people dropping out of plans or not enrolling, accelerating the financial imbalance. Premiums are expected to rise by a similar amount—or more—in 2017.

[Clearly, Obama is better suited to be President of Venezuela or Cuba than of America!]

4. The [failed] Obamacare model is not workable, .... It requires an expensive, comprehensive plan that obligates participants to purchase coverage for maternity care even if they have finished having children, pediatric dental care even if they are childless, mental health coverage even if they do not need it, and drug abuse coverage even if they have never taken any drugs.

5. People are not allowed to buy a simple plan that covers major illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, or falling off a bike in traffic. Furthermore, the deductibles—the amount that has to be spent before people can use the insurance—are so broad as to make coverage practically useless."

first of all, dearie.... the plan is the Affordable Care Act. Even you should know that.

you should really save your energy. no one listens to obamas-deranged rightwngnuts anymore....except for other obama--deranged rightwingnuts.

1. I know you're upset that I used the term "failure" and didn't include your name.....

2. You don't believe that Obamacare is a failure?
Everyone with a brain does.
That seems to explain the difference, huh?

3. Now....with Obamacare being revealed as an abject failure...you post this:
"...the president has a 51% approval rating."

And, Coulter explains same:
"Principle is nothing to liberals. Winning is everything."
Don't you agree?

4. "no one listens to obamas-deranged rightwngnuts anymore....except for other obama--deranged rightwingnuts."
Yet, here you are, protesting the facts!
Logic isn't your strongsuit, is it.

Had enough, Erroneous?

Look how quickly I reduced another Liberal to vulgarity!

I really have you trained, don't I.

Doggie treat?

Your glaring diversion away from, and failure to refute that you are North Korean propaganda is noted.

Your contribution to this thread thusfar has been stellar.

Two sentences...an ad hominem and a red herring.

....and Obamacare.

So rightwinguts are 49% of the country ?

Had enough, Erroneous?

Look how quickly I reduced another Liberal to vulgarity!

I really have you trained, don't I.

Doggie treat?

Your glaring diversion away from, and failure to refute that you are North Korean propaganda is noted.

Your contribution to this thread thusfar has been stellar.

Two sentences...an ad hominem and a red herring.

It's the reason his report cards were always stamped "works to ability."

....and Obamacare.

So rightwinguts are 49% of the country ?

No....only 49% of Americans aren't afraid to speak the truth.

7. "The path to repeal and reform has been laid out by Speaker Paul Ryan and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. Both plans include returning flexibility [that means 'liberty,' and 'freedom'] to insurance companies [and to American consumers] over what plans are offered while insuring that once people are in the insurance system, they cannot be dropped.

8. Rather than hire the same academic consultants [Gruber] who designed the non-insurance program called Obamacare [and explained how stupid Liberals are], the next administration would be well advised to listen to the real expert on medical insurance: the American consumer.

That consumer is very happy with a wide range of well-functioning insurance markets such as automobile insurance, home-owners insurance, and life insurance. So too are the insurance companies that provide the insurance, all without a dime of federal subsidy [as per the United States Constitution!].

9. Let businesses freely compete to provide services to consumers with sensible regulations but without government support, and both consumers and insurance companies are well off." An Insurance Giant Has Rung Obamacare's Death Knell | Diana Furchtgott-Roth

10. We conservatives told you all of this seven long years ago.

Liberals/Democrats must be astounded as how we conservatives are never.......never......wrong!

Lies.

"Again- we spend 17% of our GDP on health care and have the worst system in the industrialized world."

Gads....another lie.

a) life expectancy: many people die for reasons that can’t be controlled the medical profession, such as auto accidents, murder, etc., and once you factor out care crashes and homicides, the US ranks number one in worldwide life expectancy!

“One often-heard argument, voiced by the New York Times' Paul Krugman and others, is that America lags behind other countries in crude health outcomes. But such outcomes reflect a mosaic of factors, such as diet, lifestyle, drug use and cultural values. It pains me as a doctor to say this, but health care is just one factor in health.

In The Business of Health, Robert Ohsfeldt and John Schneider factor out intentional and unintentional injuries from life-expectancy statistics and find that Americans who don't die in car crashes or homicides outlive people in any other Western country.

And if we measure a health care system by how well it serves its sick citizens, American medicine excels.

b. " The standardized estimate of life expectancy at birth is the mean of the predicted value for each country over the period 1980–99. As shown in table 1-5, the raw (not standardized) mean life expectancy at birth for the United States over this period was 75.3 years, compared to 78.7 years for Japan, 78.0 years for Iceland, and 77.7 years for Sweden. However, after accounting for the unusually high fatal-injury rates in the United States, the estimate of standardized life expectancy at birth is 76.9 years, which is higher than the estimates for any other OECD country." http://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/-the-business-of-health_110115929760.pdf

Unless you imagine ( I almost said 'think') that auto accidents, murder come under the heading of healthcare.

You probably do,huh?

O.K. You somewhat lost me here.

Are you saying we don't spend 17% of our GDP on healthcare ?

If so, that is news to me.

That computes to over 8,500 per person per year. I don't know how we can sustain that kind of outlay.

I think that point is true.

I agree with the rest of your post.

We have a great system and most people, on average, have access to it.

I also know that many don't (a small percentage of the overall...but it is still enough in my mind, to be a problem). We needed to get them access...just not to everything.

And we need to bring that 17% down.

We spend loads on administration and on end of life care.

There are good models out there (Singapore for example)....but they require that we not offer the kind of upscale care to everyone.

Obamacare pushed in the wrong direction Instead of taking away requirements for health insurance it added them and drove up prices.

Insurance companies are making money like crazy...not off the exchanges, but in the juiced up plans they are "required' to offer everyone else.

Lies.

Gads....another lie.

You probably do,huh?

That computes to over 8,500 per person per year. I don't know how we can sustain that kind of outlay.

I also know that many don't (a small percentage of the overall...but it is still enough in my mind, to be a problem). We needed to get them access...just not to everything.

There are good models out there (Singapore for example)....but they require that we not offer the kind of upscale care to everyone.

Obamacare pushed in the wrong direction Instead of taking away requirements for health insurance it added them and drove up prices.

Insurance companies are making money like crazy...not off the exchanges, but in the juiced up plans they are "required' to offer everyone else.

"Are you saying we don't spend 17% of our GDP on healthcare ?"

I'm saying that America had the best healthcare in the world prior to Obama.

A recent "Investor's Business Daily" article provided very
interesting statistics from a survey by the United Nations
International Health Organization.

Percentage of men and women who survived a cancer five years
after diagnosis:

U.S. 65%

England 46%

Canada 42%

Percentage of patients diagnosed with diabetes who received
treatment within six months:

U.S. 93%

England 15%

Canada 43%

Percentage of seniors needing hip replacement who received it
within six months:

U.S. 90%

England 15%

Canada 43%

Percentage referred to a medical specialist who see one within
one month:

U.S. 77%

England 40%

Canada 43%

Number of MRI scanners (a prime diagnostic tool) per million people:

U.S. 71

England 14

Canada 18

Percentage of seniors (65+), with low income, who say they are in
"excellent health":

U.S. 12%

England 2%

Canada 6%

I don't know about you, but I don't want "Universal Healthcare"
comparable to England or Canada .

Moreover, it was Sen. Harry Reid who said, "Elderly Americans
must learn to accept the inconveniences of old age."

SHIP HIM TO CANADA OR ENGLAND !

He is "elderly" himself but be sure to remember his health
insurance is different from yours as Congress has their own high-
end coverage! He will never have to learn to accept
"inconveniences"!!!

And this reminder:
Healthcare is about extending the lives of those who need it.
For Democrats/Liberals...not a consideration.

Democrat Governor Dick Lamm once created a firestorm in Colorado (a few years after leaving the Governor’s office) when he said: “the elderly have a duty to die.”

A key administration figure committed to cost cutting is Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a health policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget and brother of Rahm Emanuel, the president's chief of staff wants doctors to look beyond the needs of their own patient and consider social justice. They should think about whether the money being spent on their patient could be better spent elsewhere.
Defend Your Health - For a Fit Body and Mind
Downgrading American Medical Care | The American Spectator

Do you believe the government should decide how much your life is worth?

Lies.

Gads....another lie.

You probably do,huh?

"Are you saying we don't spend 17% of our GDP on healthcare ?"

I'm saying that America had the best healthcare in the world prior to Obama.

A recent "Investor's Business Daily" article provided very
interesting statistics from a survey by the United Nations
International Health Organization.

Percentage of men and women who survived a cancer five years
after diagnosis:

U.S. 65%

England 46%

Canada 42%

Percentage of patients diagnosed with diabetes who received
treatment within six months:

U.S. 93%

England 15%

Canada 43%

Percentage of seniors needing hip replacement who received it
within six months:

U.S. 90%

England 15%

Canada 43%

Percentage referred to a medical specialist who see one within
one month:

U.S. 77%

England 40%

Canada 43%

Number of MRI scanners (a prime diagnostic tool) per million people:

U.S. 71

England 14

Canada 18

Percentage of seniors (65+), with low income, who say they are in
"excellent health":

U.S. 12%

England 2%

Canada 6%

I don't know about you, but I don't want "Universal Healthcare"
comparable to England or Canada .

Moreover, it was Sen. Harry Reid who said, "Elderly Americans
must learn to accept the inconveniences of old age."

SHIP HIM TO CANADA OR ENGLAND !

He is "elderly" himself but be sure to remember his health
insurance is different from yours as Congress has their own high-
end coverage! He will never have to learn to accept
"inconveniences"!!!

And this reminder:
Healthcare is about extending the lives of those who need it.
For Democrats/Liberals...not a consideration.

Democrat Governor Dick Lamm once created a firestorm in Colorado (a few years after leaving the Governor’s office) when he said: “the elderly have a duty to die.”

A key administration figure committed to cost cutting is Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a health policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget and brother of Rahm Emanuel, the president's chief of staff wants doctors to look beyond the needs of their own patient and consider social justice. They should think about whether the money being spent on their patient could be better spent elsewhere.
Defend Your Health - For a Fit Body and Mind
Downgrading American Medical Care | The American Spectator

Do you believe the government should decide how much your life is worth?

O.K. Thanks for clarrifying.

1. We do spend 17%. That is unsustainable. But the market will sort that out of if government would get OUT of the insurance business.

2. End of life care is a tough discussion. We use medicare to subsidize the efforts of doctors to keep people alive who should be allowed to die. In more than a few instances, they want to move but their families won't let them (this is anecdotal...but I have seen it). End of life care is 30% of what we spend in total (or so I recall reading). I'd prefer people be allowed to use their estates to stay alive (or chose to pass them along while making a slightly earlier exit).

Zeke Emanuel should be put down himself. He's a disaster.

But, those I know in the medical community lament the "back end loading" of the system at the expense of the front end.

It's a tough discussion but one we should have.

It's one Obama should have led (that worthless POS GWB could have done the same thing) before taking us down this road of failure.

Forum List

Back