Just another american military failure.

Yes it is a defeat,,,, this has turned from a withdraw to a retreat.
It is an embarrassment to the country
To the whole civilized world, really. It is a disgrace that our allies were not there with us in full force. The Taliban needed to be exterminated, not run to ground. We had about 8600 troops there for the last year. Where was that going?

Everyone might do well to remember whose fault all of this is: The Taliban

Stop blaming Trump, or Biden, or Bush, or the military, or American contractors, or the Afghani government. The Taliban caused this, and they and Al Qaeda caused the deaths of 2000+ soldiers in Afghanistan.

Colin norris
1. you don't know shit about the US
2. it's not a defeat --per all my posts today in the other threads on the subject
3. these are not total wars like WW2
4. yes, you prove you don't know shit
Nope, you are absolutely right. The nation rebuilding worked perfectly. A lot of corrupt people got rich. The military industrial complex sold a lot of weapons and ammo to the Afghanistan military. Business as usual.

The U.S. did contribute to the problem, unintentionally,” Sopko said. “The U.S. and its allies probably gave too much money too fast to too small a country, such as Afghanistan, with too little oversight.

“When that happens, corrupt Afghans, corrupt Americans and corrupt contractors will steal money and then bribe officials. The blame is two-sided; it takes two to tango. The United States could have done a better job in overseeing the billions of dollars that were sent to Afghanistan,” he said.

It is actually another Trump failure

Biden fucks up and trumps gets blamed...You progressives are pathetic.

It appears the USA is retreating once again after Afghanistan is not buying our form of peace and democracy.
Withdrawing troops is now the sanitized version of defeat.
You'd think the government would have learnt after Vietnam and Iraq.
The war in Afghanistan was before the Iraq War, so maybe we should have never went into Afghanistan and learned from the Soviets from their failure…

It is actually another Trump failure

Oh, bullshit. It was a failure 19 years ago the moment we changed our focus from killing bin Laden and eradicating Al Qaida to rebuilding Afghanistan into a functioning democracy. If I blame anyone it's Bush and Rumsfeld, but the fact of the matter is Obama continued with Bush's neocon policy, as did Biden as his VP. We'd be looking at this disaster no matter who was in the White House at this point.
Taz is correct and the failure is Bush because he along with every politician in Washington that supported the invasion failed to learn from the Soviets mistake.

Almost twenty years later it is time to stop wasting money on a nation that will never come out of the dark ages!

This catastrophe was brought to you (once again) by the faithless, traitorous duopoly. The endless, entangled string of failures costing unknown lives and treasure will only continue as long as this binary political system continues.

I'm sorry my confidence makes you feel inadequate. You can change that you know. You dont have to go through life feeling inferior just because someone else displays confidence.
You're yet another one of those people with an arrogance you've never done anything to earn and a complete inability to understand that people are laughing at you.

I'm sorry my confidence makes you feel inadequate. You can change that you know. You dont have to go through life feeling inferior just because someone else displays confidence.

Nothing about you says "superior". All it says is that you are over compensating for things you don't have.

Forum List

Back