Just another american military failure.

It appears the USA is retreating once again after Afghanistan is not buying our form of peace and democracy.
Withdrawing troops is now the sanitized version of defeat.
You'd think the government would have learnt after Vietnam and Iraq.
Your title is inaccurate. It's another government use of our military that has failed and those responsible should be held criminally liable.

What would you have done? What would have staved off the inevitable ? 20 Fucking years more?
I'm not interested in armchair quarterbacking.

But personally, I think we stayed in Afghanistan about 15 years too long. They made it quite plain they weren't very interested in moving to the 20th Century...hell, even the 19th Century would have been an improvement. We should have seen that 15 years ago.

I'll bet that's not the answer you were expecting.

What do you suggest when Afghanistan's own army won't stand up for themselves even with our 20 years of training and equipment?
As I just said, we should have left long ago.

I would have made plain to the Afghanis and to the Taliban, "Do whatever you want in your own shithole country. But if you export terrorism outside your borders, hell will come down upon you. We won't bother with occupation and pacification. You'll just get a few B-52s worth of steel rain on your heads, and you won't be able to blame anyone but yourselves."

Of course, Democrats would never go along with that.

It is actually another Trump failure

Once again Biden demonstrates he’s a better president than Trump.

Not the American Army....the Afghan Army...............they are like those here who refuse to help themselves with a vaccine. Screw 'em.
Correct.

The speed by which the Afghan government and military capitulated indicates that they never had any intent to become self-sufficient – they were taking advantage of America.

That’s why the withdraw of American support is perfectly appropriate, warranted, and long overdue.

Correct.

The speed by which the Afghan government and military capitulated indicates that they never had any intent to become self-sufficient – they were taking advantage of America.

That’s why the withdraw of American support is perfectly appropriate, warranted, and long overdue.
Then you should thank Trump for negotiating the withdrawal, instead of blaming him, like you just did.

It's hilarious how you try to have it both ways.

It is actually another Trump failure

What a low life loser. Biden is the President.

Correct.

Surrender monkey.

Our military leadership is packed with Wokesters who sold out for political power. They all advised Biden the Taliban wasn't strong enough and the Afghan Army was ready. That's how clueless they are.

Second that. ^ :clap:

With "Milley the Traitor" at the helm, what can you expect?

1629070924345.png

Forum List

Back