Just a Reminder about the Keystone Pipeline

Progressives may need a reminder of where oil comes from.

The classic smart dumb guy response. I' guessing that since oil comes from the ground then spilling it anywhere on earth is a net no effect. Just like you breath air so air in all cases is good. Like Cyclones and Hurricanes.

Accidents happen, it’s not the end of the world.

Now, do you want all oil production and transportation halted, or not?

We saw it coming.
How should we transport oil?
Tanker-Spills-at-5-Year-Low.jpg

Typical libs, always reject solutions to problems like big oil spills on the ocean.

No one is falling for this bullshit where you point to anything that is not perfect as a complaint. Guess what? Things happen.

2847123.main_image.jpg

Typcial libs always reject solutions to problems like car crashes. See?

The classic smart dumb guy response. I' guessing that since oil comes from the ground then spilling it anywhere on earth is a net no effect. Just like you breath air so air in all cases is good. Like Cyclones and Hurricanes.

Why would I want that? I simply have a problem with an oil spill. Is that ok or do you have to portray me as wanting to topple global oil markets as a reasonable reply?

Why would I want that? I simply have a problem with an oil spill. Is that ok or do you have to portray me as wanting to topple global oil markets as a reasonable reply?
How do you think we avoid that?

Just remember, just what they said wasnt going to happen happened. And everytime they're wrong they tell you that the problem they ignored and even mocked coming true is "that bad"

So one person in this thread actually said "200,000 isnt a lot". See how this goes? They laugh, then when it comes true they keep laughing saying its not serious to keep pushing

TN the reason you ask so many questions is you wait until someone has an idea and then laugh at it while asking more and more questions to laugh and laugh some more.

I disagreed with the pipeline for the reasons that have come true and said that it needed more review before pushing. You said otherwise. 1 year later I'm right

TN the reason you ask so many questions is you wait until someone has an idea and then laugh at it while asking more and more questions to laugh and laugh some more.

I disagreed with the pipeline for the reasons that have come true and said that it needed more review before pushing. You said otherwise. 1 year later I'm right
Said other wise about what? I have been against this since before you bedwetters started complaining about the last 10% of it. But not because of "leaking" cause thats stupid.
Can you not just answer my question? How do we avoid that? How else do we transport it?

Said other wise about what? I have been against this since before you bedwetters started complaining about the last 10% of it. But not because of "leaking" cause thats stupid.
Can you not just answer my question? How do we avoid that? How else do we transport it?

Like I said, there is no perfect solution that never fails but fuck, this thing is going over water and is being pushed without environmental consideration because we need oil right now because...I dunno
...we just do.

Last year the native were being sprayed by water cannons, attacked by dogs, being ran over by white people and they used illegal scare tactics all because they wanted to protect their water supply.

And this Thanksgiving they are cleaning up 200,000 gallons of oil spilled on the same Dakota Reservation.

Just a reminder, don't listen to people who ignore the negatives like the anti crowd does. We saw it coming.

Not only that, but the entire point of KXL is to increase the price per barrel of Tar Sands Sludge, which would end up costing Americans more. Right now, we already get the sludge from Alberta. We get so much of it, that it's actually oversupplied to the US, causing price discounting. As TransCanada said, they want to eliminate that oversupply by redirecting the Tar Sands crude from the US PADD II region, where it currently goes and is oversupplied causing a price discount, to the Gulf where it can fetch a higher price on the global markets.

Anyone who thinks KXL would create jobs and lower oil prices is fucking stupid.

We saw it coming.

We already transport oil. Make no mistake, the sludge from the Tar Sands already comes to the US. In fact, it comes exclusively to the US, which is why it's discounted; it's oversupplied. As TransCanada said in their permit application, the purpose of KXL is to eliminate the oversupply to US PADD II. So we already get this sludge from Alberta and we get so much of it that the price is discounted. Building KXL will eliminate that discount, which is why TransCanada wanted to build it. It was never about getting Canadian oil to US markets -that was already happening- but rather about getting Canadian oil to the Gulf where it can be sold on the global markets for a higher price than the refineries in US PADD II currently pay.

Anyone dumb enough to support this pipeline for any reasons other than making TransCanada more profitable, is a dupe. A clueless fuckin' dupe.

Like I said, there is no perfect solution that never fails but fuck, this thing is going over water and is being pushed without environmental consideration because we need oil right now because...I dunno
...we just do.
Its not our oil even :/
I am completely against this pipeline but pipelines are the safest. Complaining about them leaking makes you look dumb unless you are completely against oil. Then you look real dumb because you most likely use oil on a daily basis.

We saw it coming.

We already transport oil. Make no mistake, the sludge from the Tar Sands already comes to the US. In fact, it comes exclusively to the US, which is why it's discounted; it's oversupplied. As TransCanada said in their permit application, the purpose of KXL is to eliminate the oversupply to US PADD II. So we already get this sludge from Alberta and we get so much of it that the price is discounted. Building KXL will eliminate that discount, which is why TransCanada wanted to build it. It was never about getting Canadian oil to US markets -that was already happening- but rather about getting Canadian oil to the Gulf where it can be sold on the global markets for a higher price than the refineries in US PADD II currently pay.

Anyone dumb enough to support this pipeline for any reasons other than making TransCanada more profitable, is a dupe. A clueless fuckin' dupe.
I am against this because they forced homeowners to go against their will for a foreign company.

We saw it coming.

I am against this because they forced homeowners to go against their will for a foreign company.

There are myriad reasons to oppose this thing; the domain rights, the environmental impact, the fiscal impact, the price-per-barrel impact...there is no good argument for it. Not a single one.

We saw it coming.

There are myriad reasons to oppose this thing; the domain rights, the environmental impact, the fiscal impact, the price-per-barrel impact...there is no good argument for it. Not a single one.
pipelines are the safest way to transport it though. How is the environment not a good argument?

...we just do.
I am completely against this pipeline but pipelines are the safest. Complaining about them leaking makes you look dumb unless you are completely against oil. Then you look real dumb because you most likely use oil on a daily basis.

Most people don't even know that there already is a pipeline that carries this shit from Alberta to Illinois. That pipeline carries so much of that shit, that it's actually oversupplied, causing a price discount.

Eliminating that oversupply by building KXL will result in a loss of that discount which means higher prices for everyone in that region; higher oil prices for consumers, higher oil prices for farmers, higher transportation costs for manufacturers...basically everyone who lives in the Midwest will see their oil costs rise if KXL is ever built. So why do those in support of KXL want to raise oil prices for everyone? Simple; they hate America.

You don't even need to make an environmental argument against it; the economic argument against it will suffice.

...we just do.

Most people don't even know that there already is a pipeline that carries this shit from Alberta to Illinois. That pipeline carries so much of that shit, that it's actually oversupplied, causing a price discount.

Eliminating that oversupply by building KXL will result in a loss of that discount which means higher prices for everyone in that region; higher oil prices for consumers, higher oil prices for farmers, higher transportation costs for manufacturers...basically everyone who lives in the Midwest will see their oil costs rise if KXL is ever built. So why do those in support of KXL want to raise oil prices for everyone? Simple; they hate America.

You don't even need to make an environmental argument against it; the economic argument against it will suffice.
So it does have an environmental argument?

pipelines are the safest way to transport it though. How is the environment not a good argument?

Well a couple things:

1. Pipelines already carry that sludge from Alberta. So much of it that it's oversupplied.

2. The environmental argument isn't a good argument because Conservatives don't give a shit about the environment. But they do purport to give a shit about the economy and oil prices. They are never going to accept the environmental argument because Conservatives are anti-environment. They simply don't accept the science. That's why debating with them along environmental lines is a waste of time; they are Dominionists who think they'll be raptured long before climate change affects them.

Oh, make no mistake; there absolutely is an environmental argument against it. I'm just saying that argument is a waste because Conservatives don't accept science.

Oh, make no mistake; there absolutely is an environmental argument against it. I'm just saying that argument is a waste because Conservatives don't accept science.
Lol this is the last time i am going to mention it. What is the environmental argument?
WTF do you keep bringing up conservatives? Do you have a fetish?

Lol this is the last time i am going to mention it. What is the environmental argument?

The environmental argument against, aside from the hundreds of thousands of oil spills that have already happened from pipelines, is that the sludge itself isn't sweet crude, so it requires more fossil fuels to refine it, and that results in a belching of even more carbon into the atmosphere. The Tar Sands Sludge is just that; sludge. It requires more refining than sweet crude, and that results in more emissions.

WTF do you keep bringing up conservatives? Do you have a fetish?

Because Conservatives are the ones stupidly supporting this dumb thing, even though it would end up costing them more. At this point, Conservatives merely support it because liberals oppose it. Conservatives cannot make a truthful argument in favor of KXL.

Forum List

Back