Jury Acquits Texas Mother Who Killed Sons

Bully,the woman sat in her chair and said "thank you,thank you,thank you" .She was completely aware that she had done something very wrong. I know there are people that truly suffer from mental illness-but I ain't buyin it here. She has taken these children's lives,and taken them from their father-she should be severely puinished. She will probably have a great time watching cable and lounging in her "mental" fascility.:boohoo:

Originally posted by Joan
So then, during my lifetime I've had numerous people do me REAL dirty and I was stressed beyond belief - would I have gotten off had I put a knife into one of them?

One must face the consequences of ones actions, but there is never any justification for the death penalty.

Well, to put it quite ladylike - you my friend are full of shit

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Indeed, the vast majority of murders are the result of crimes of passion, a kind of temporary insanity whereby the emotions totally overwhelm reason and sanity.

Thats a copout, pure and simple. theres no 'temporary insanity'. You either are, or are not. If you can't deal with intense emotions then find a cave, shut yourself in it, don't come out......ever.

I saw a good argument aganist the death penalty on O'Reilly. He says that he is against it because one will suffer far more sitting in jail and rotting. I'm thinking though,who is paying for his cable tv and internet access all those years? I thinkst it's me and the working American. Why should he or she get to live? Especially when a child is murdered? Scums should rot in hell,not prison for the pain they cause.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Thats not the point:

1)Now apparently all religious people are insane.

2)There are a bunch of people telling everyone how they feel sorry for her. Im just like. she killed her children! They are the victims. She is the monster. But no, because libs refuse to deal with the concept of evil, she has to be sick. I mean you cant admit that there is an evil person out there. that might mean all our actions arent justified as well.

No one is saying ALL religous people are insane, just those who think they heard God tell them to kill their children. I have no defense for this women, I simply made a comment on the courts ruling by saying she may never get out of a mental hospital.

Originally posted by krisy
Bully,the woman sat in her chair and said "thank you,thank you,thank you" .She was completely aware that she had done something very wrong. I know there are people that truly suffer from mental illness-but I ain't buyin it here. She has taken these children's lives,and taken them from their father-she should be severely puinished. She will probably have a great time watching cable and lounging in her "mental" fascility.:boohoo:

Who knows why she was saying thank you. If she knew she did something horrible, maybe she was saying thank you for getting her off the streets where she isn't a danger to anyone. If she hears voices, would she get medication in jail - serious question. If God told her to kill her children, God could also tell her to kill others in prision, including staff right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this women, I'm just trying to understand the situation from all sides. My sympathy goes to women's family, and all those who knew and loved her children.

Sorry, but no sane person will bludgeon their children to death. Your statement is a prime example of the simple minded, black-and-white view most conservatives have of the world.

Which is exactly my point about liberalism. You see liberals dont believe in evil. They refuse to admit its existance. So when someone does something like this they have to make excuses for their actions. "They are "mentally" sick. Its not their fault they killed their children"

So contrary to liberal opinion. This has everything to do with liberalism. Its a manifestation of the fundamental flaw of the idealogy. Its why they werent afraid to back Saddam in the recent war. He cant possibly be responsible for all the deaths in iraq. he is just a psycho. When in reality he is just evil.

One must face the consequences of ones actions, but there is never any justification for the death penalty.

Tell that to people who suffer daily through torture, rape, and fear of murder whether those criminals deserve the death penalty. But then I forgot If you had it your way Saddams boys would still be alive.

Originally posted by Said1
No one is saying ALL religous people are insane, just those who think they heard God tell them to kill their children. I have no defense for this women, I simply made a comment on the courts ruling by saying she may never get out of a mental hospital.

But the problem with this is they are not saying that anyone who says God told them to kill their children are insane. They are saying anyone who talks to God period is insane. Its a clear attack on religious people everywhere.

Besides she shouldnt have the option of getting out of a mental hospital. she should face justice, which demands that her life is forfiet.

Originally posted by Said1
Who knows why she was saying thank you. If she knew she did something horrible, maybe she was saying thank you for getting her off the streets where she isn't a danger to anyone. If she hears voices, would she get medication in jail - serious question. If God told her to kill her children, God could also tell her to kill others in prision, including staff right? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this women, I'm just trying to understand the situation from all sides. My sympathy goes to women's family, and all those who knew and loved her children.

But the is no reason to believe she is hearing voices. Only that she claimed to get off from dying. And are you really arguing that she could go out and start killing staff members in a highly secured prison and not in a mental institution? I totally understand how you see it, i just totally disagree.

Quote Avatar4321 "But the problem with this is they are not saying that anyone who says God told them to kill their children are insane. They are saying anyone who talks to God period is insane. Its a clear
attack on religious people everywhere."

I didn't get that from the article, or verdict - sorry.

Quote Avatar4321 "Besides she shouldnt have the option of getting out of a mental hospital. she should face justice, which demands that her life is forfiet."

I have never said I agreed with the sentance, in fact my original post states my opinion very clearly. If she is not a threat to anyone, understands what she has done, I think she should be transfered to a prison. What happens if she forgets to take her meds on the outside?

Originally posted by Avatar4321
But the is no reason to believe she is hearing voices. Only that she claimed to get off from dying. And are you really arguing that she could go out and start killing staff members in a highly secured prison and not in a mental institution? I totally understand how you see it, i just totally disagree.

I'm not arguing anything, I said I was trying to look at things from all possible angles, such as other reasons why it was argued that she would be better off in a mental hospital.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
No sense in arguing this issue at all! Bully likes to post these things for fun in my opinion!
The bottom line is there is absolutely no excuse for murder! Any plea aginst it is a pure cop out!

Agreed.

This is what i hate about liberals. this ruling has been an attack on the rule of law and on God.

I fully take offense to this. I am not a liberal - at least not by the definition Ive seen here - or other places for that matter. Yes my husband is, but we are not joined at the hip and I have my own mind - a pretty good one at that.

This case just nauseates me - I feel that our judicial system (well, the jury of her 'peers') is what has failed in this case.

Turning this into a party debate is simply ignorant. As well as a very sad, pathetic attempt to further your beliefs rather than looking at the subject at hand.

Turning this into a party debate is simply ignorant. As well as a very sad, pathetic attempt to further your beliefs rather than looking at the subject at hand.

I completely agree, KL. This isnt a partisan issue. One consistency throughout this thread is talk about the mother.. she's insane, she should be placed in a mental institution, she this, she that. She, hell.

WHERE is all the talk of the children? WHERE is all the talk of their lives that the mother robbed? What about their chance to reach adulthood... to marry.... to have children of they're own. That ended with a swing of a rock. THEY are the issue, not her.

whoooops - no I didnt SE - I didnt read your post. I just saw his post and nothing else except for red. Sorry about that!

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
.......... THEY are the issue, not her. [/B]

THEY aren't the issue. The children are dead. Nothing can change that.

We all know that this woman is not in her right mind. NO SANE MOTHER COULD DO THIS. I believe the punishment doesn't fit the crime. I think this woman should have had the death sentence and carried out immediately, as with all intentional murders. But the case is over, whether we agree with the verdict or not,

Originally posted by Joz
THEY aren't the issue. The children are dead. Nothing can change that.

We all know that this woman is not in her right mind. NO SANE MOTHER COULD DO THIS. I believe the punishment doesn't fit the crime. I think this woman should have had the death sentence and carried out immediately, as with all intentional murders. But the case is over, whether we agree with the verdict or not,

Dont take this the wrong way but im going to spend the next ten minutes bashing my head against the wall because its less painful then reading this.

The Children are clearly the issue. She murdered them. Yet I see all these people that are like "Oh that poor woman. She lost her children" and im just like She killed them!

The whole point of the justice system is to punish people who commit crimes. She committed a crime and justice is blind to whether or not she is mentally ill or not (Still say mental illness is used as a cop out) Justice demands that the guilty pay for their crimes. She is guilty. She is at fault. Justice cannot be denied.

Sometimes I hear people say how we are living in a far more advanced age then our ancestors. Then i see this case and the responses trying to excuse the criminal and realize, no we are more barbaric in some ways. We as a society are degenerating. And its because of the breakup of the family.

Forum List

Back