Judge rules against Trump administration in teen pregnancy prevention case

The Trump administration should use this grant etc to push the abstinence agenda which I agree with.

We had the “abstinence agenda” when I was growing up in the 1950’s when there was no reliable contraception. We were taught that no decent man would want to marry a girl who wasn’t a virgin.

If a girl opted to raise her child on her own, she was considered a “fallen woman” - not fit for polite society. She was frequently shunned. Her child was labelled a “bastard” - it was even noted on his or her birth certificate. Very stigmatizing.

Despite these dire warnings, 30 to 40% of women were pregnant when they married. My mother used to say that after a couple got married, the first child could come any time, the second one takes nine months.

Teenage girls who got pregnant were expelled from high school and shamed as sluts. If the father was also a high school student and the couple got married, the boy was also expelled. As a teenager I wondered how these kids would have any chance in life with neither one of them having a high school diploma.

We also had “homes for unwed mothers” usually run by churches or women's charities. The offspring of unwed mothers who were waiting for adoption were placed in orphanages. Some children grew up in them, never knowing a real family. Most of these unwed mothers homes were packed and had waiting lists. The church run homes worked hard to get these wanton girls to mend their ways, requiring residents to attend prayer meetings and Bible classes daily.

The rich parents of girls who got pregnant took them to Sweden or Japan where abortion was legal. Poor parents sent their daughters to a “home” or a relative until the baby was born. There were back alley abortionists but you literally risked your life going one.

As a millennial, you have no idea of the days of “abstinence only” contraception or what a spectacular failure it was. Any money spent on “abstinence only” education is money wasted.

It didn’t work before the Pill, and it sure as hell won’t work now.
Nobody said that pregnancy was fair to the ladies back in the day. Your entire post is still all about how the women got treated but the man got off scott free. The only thing abortion does is let the men get off with no repercussions at all and saddle the woman with killing a child. How is that better? How is single mom better? How are having no church charities better?

Everything you're complaining about is because it's all thrown on the girl. Giving her executional powers doesn't solve the problem. Cheering on the single mom doesn't solve the problem. Abortion doesn't solve the problem.

Neither an abortion done at the request of a woman nor one caused by nature is "killing a child." It is not exercising "executional powers." You have no realistic idea about the human gestational process and your assertion is based only on sectarian ideologies that are not universally accepted.

In any event, this thread is about misconduct at HHS with regard to using government powers to eliminate sex-education programs that cover birth-control methods designed to prevent pregnancy and to replace them with programs that serve only to indoctrinate students in the views of specific religious sects, paid for with taxpayers' money. The people in charge of HHS are not, somewhat openly are trying to impose sectarian religious views on the general public.

The fed gov doesnt have the power to do that program in the first place.
I dont understand why so many "honorable" judges ignore that fact with so many verdicts..
While i dont have a problem with the program, it should come from the states.
I also cant find his reasoning in the link.
So my thought is, that judge is a loser.

your idea of what the government can and can't do is retareded
Yes, its retarteded because i can fucking read parchment :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back