Judge refuses Maine request to quarantine nurse

When Obama was running for president, the left swore he wasn't going to try to re-distribute wealth.
Then you swore he wouldn't open up our borders.
Then you swore he wasn't out to take our guns away.
Then you swore he wasn't a Muslim.

This is the way these people do things. They swear on a stack of Korans they aren't up to what they plan on doing, and they start proposing it and next thing you know we're arguing over whether or not they should do it. Eventually they end up convincing the liberals in this country that the very thing they said they weren't going to do is beneficial for us and anyone who doesn't go along with it is a racist.

Can you point to a single piece of legislation taking away gun rights that Obama has suggested?

Is Obama a Muslim?

Are you sane?

394.jpg

Hurry...Hurry...the ebola is coming!!!!!
ebola.jpg
WOW!!!!....and what AMERICAN CITY did this take place in?????????

Maine Judge Rejects State s Bid To Restrict Nurse s Movements KSMU Radio

Finally, someone uses reasoning and medicine instead hysteria and irrational fear.
Correct.

Fear and ignorance do not overrule facts and the right to due process.

And what most fail to understand is that no one is opposed to appropriate, warranted quarantine, provided those subject to quarantine are afforded due process of law. The state is not at liberty to deny someone's freedom solely because of fear, or because of an ignorant, fearful population, or because an elected official is afraid of negative political backlash during an election year, as is likely the case in Maine.

I'd hardly call asking people to stay home for 21 days depriving them of liberty.

However, let's acknowledge that in fact NO rights are absolute, this one included.

"I'd hardly call asking people to stay home for 21 days depriving them of liberty."

No, in conservative 'reality' ONLY requiring registration of ones guns, and a waiting period is considered 'depriving them of 'liberty'
Well, since it's in the Constitution, it is. Too bad you can't face reality.

In the Constitution? Where does it negate registration of guns or waiting periods? lol

Really?

Let me see here.

An ebola patient goes to a private hospital in Texas with symptoms of ebola. He tells them that he's from Liberia. He has a 103 degree temperature. He also doesn't have insurance. So the private hospital put the safety of the community and possibly the nation at risk, diagnoses the man with a sinus infection and sends him out on the street.

The man returns days later in an ambulance. Does the hospital do the right thing? No. Does the hospital call the CDC? No. The patient's nephew called the CDC saying that the hospital wasn't treating him properly for his condition.

The CDC, that is owned and controlled by the government, takes over. However it's too late for that man and he dies.

Two nurses are diagnosed with ebola. The CDC and National Institute of Health, both government agencies, treat them. They both recover. No one else is infected from those women.

The nation is put through a couple weeks of ridiculous paranoia and screams that Obama is bringing ebola to America. Obama wants to kill Americans with ebola and a long list of other ridiculous claims.

The nurses get better and recover. No ebola outbreak. No ebola epidemic. People aren't dying in the streets.

A private hospital causes this mess. The government cleaned it up.

How about the inadequate video released to the private hospitals by the CDC that caused the two nurses to get Ebola in the first place?
It not just one or the other they both messed up.
If the government had quarantined him the first place, those nurses would not have gotten it.
'How about' you unwittingly provided evidence in support of the judge's ruling.

If 'the government' is so inept at addressing the issue, all the more reason to ensure citizens are afforded their right to due process when government seeks to restrict their liberties, given government's propensity to 'get it wrong.'

You and others on the right can't have it both ways, you can't advocate to deny citizens their right to due process while at the same time arguing that government is 'incompetent.'

What part are you not getting that both messed up?
Government containment for 21 days for the good of the country is not restricting their liberties.
It would not even be necessary if they had not broken their self containment orders.
Not taking personal responsibility is why government has to step in.

"Government containment for 21 days for the good of the country is not restricting their liberties."

LOL
mind.jpg

Insults rather than an intelligent argument

THIS

"Government containment for 21 days for the good of the country is not restricting their liberties."

is supposed to be an 'intelligent argument? lol

Common sense has just been proven to be DEAD in this country

Hence your continued ability to post on forums...

ApeBoy, you are MY entertainment, now dance for the organ grinder!

Thanks...you made that easy...

It's fun playing with the disadvantaged!

Really...we don't need to know your masturbatory habits...LOL!!!!

I'm sorry, don't just let me shit on you, open your mouth! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Again...your sexual proclivities aren't our concern...

Really?

Let me see here.

An ebola patient goes to a private hospital in Texas with symptoms of ebola. He tells them that he's from Liberia. He has a 103 degree temperature. He also doesn't have insurance. So the private hospital put the safety of the community and possibly the nation at risk, diagnoses the man with a sinus infection and sends him out on the street.

The man returns days later in an ambulance. Does the hospital do the right thing? No. Does the hospital call the CDC? No. The patient's nephew called the CDC saying that the hospital wasn't treating him properly for his condition.

The CDC, that is owned and controlled by the government, takes over. However it's too late for that man and he dies.

Two nurses are diagnosed with ebola. The CDC and National Institute of Health, both government agencies, treat them. They both recover. No one else is infected from those women.

The nation is put through a couple weeks of ridiculous paranoia and screams that Obama is bringing ebola to America. Obama wants to kill Americans with ebola and a long list of other ridiculous claims.

The nurses get better and recover. No ebola outbreak. No ebola epidemic. People aren't dying in the streets.

A private hospital causes this mess. The government cleaned it up.

How about the inadequate video released to the private hospitals by the CDC that caused the two nurses to get Ebola in the first place?
If the government had quarantined him the first place, those nurses would not have gotten it.

If 'the government' is so inept at addressing the issue, all the more reason to ensure citizens are afforded their right to due process when government seeks to restrict their liberties, given government's propensity to 'get it wrong.'

You and others on the right can't have it both ways, you can't advocate to deny citizens their right to due process while at the same time arguing that government is 'incompetent.'

Government containment for 21 days for the good of the country is not restricting their liberties.
It would not even be necessary if they had not broken their self containment orders.

LOL
mind.jpg

Unfortunately, you made NO POINT here! LOL!

29b8a4c4752919a0ba1866dce3e6c0be.jpg

False premises (love the second best conservative Prez since Ike, only BJ Bill was better), distortions and LIES the ONLY thing right wingers EVER have

ApeBoy, you are MY entertainment, now dance for the organ grinder!

I'm sorry, don't just let me shit on you, open your mouth! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

You shouldn't speak with your mouth full!

Maine Judge Rejects State s Bid To Restrict Nurse s Movements KSMU Radio

Finally, someone uses reasoning and medicine instead hysteria and irrational fear.
Correct.

And what most fail to understand is that no one is opposed to appropriate, warranted quarantine, provided those subject to quarantine are afforded due process of law. The state is not at liberty to deny someone's freedom solely because of fear, or because of an ignorant, fearful population, or because an elected official is afraid of negative political backlash during an election year, as is likely the case in Maine.

I'd hardly call asking people to stay home for 21 days depriving them of liberty.

However, let's acknowledge that in fact NO rights are absolute, this one included.

"I'd hardly call asking people to stay home for 21 days depriving them of liberty."

No, in conservative 'reality' ONLY requiring registration of ones guns, and a waiting period is considered 'depriving them of 'liberty'

In the Constitution? Where does it negate registration of guns or waiting periods? lol

uh what?

The Second Amendment is pretty clear

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Registration and waiting periods clearly infringe.

My what a witty reply, when shown to be an ignorant moron....

Needless to say this thread and others like is very telling – it well-illustrates the authoritarianism common to most conservatives and their contempt for the Constitution and the rule of law, allowing their fear and ignorance to jeopardize the civil liberties of their fellow Americans.

You want to now talk about Holders REFUSAL to enforce the laws?...Is that what you'd like shyster?

YES, PLEASE

Bush's Tactic of Refusing Laws Is Probed

A panel of legal scholars and lawyers assembled by the American Bar Association is sharply criticizing the use of "signing statements" by President Bush that assert his right to ignore or not enforce laws passed by Congress.

Bush s Tactic of Refusing Laws Is Probed

As they should along with Obuma! What is right is right, for both parties! Don't you agree?...BUT it does seem that Obuma and Holder have taken it to NEW HEIGHTS!

ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE link those 'NEW HEIGHTS'? lol

LOL
mind.jpg

Unfortunately, you made NO POINT here! LOL!

29b8a4c4752919a0ba1866dce3e6c0be.jpg

False premises (love the second best conservative Prez since Ike, only BJ Bill was better), distortions and LIES the ONLY thing right wingers EVER have

No, it nailed your little liberal ass, as it was designed to! You and the ApeBoy are entertaining, please keep it up!

Interesting how, to many RWrs, this nurse who has probably done a hundred times more for her fellow man than they have is now a "bitch". Certainly says a lot more about them and their humanity.

Then you'd think she would be concerned about her fellow citizens, instead of herself!
She doesn't see boogie men germs around every corner. She's a little more adult than that.

Correct.

uh what?

The Second Amendment is pretty clear

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Registration and waiting periods clearly infringe.

SCOTUS has REPEATEDLY said you are full of shit!

My what a witty reply, when shown to be an ignorant moron....

Your opinion is meaningless, no one listens to a troglodyte, but continue! :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back