Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”

" I like to be in America. OK by me in America..industry boom in America...12 in a room in America......I like to get home to San Juan...I know a boat you can get on....everyone there will give big cheer...everyone there will have moved here."

(Memory of some lyrics in the song, 'America' in West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein).
http://www.westsidestory.com/site/level2/lyrics/america.html

Last edited by a moderator:
" I like to be in America. OK by me in America..industry boom in America...12 in a room in America......I like to get home to San Juan...I know a boat you can get on....everyone there will give big cheer...everyone there will have moved here."

(Memory of some lyrics in the song, 'America' in West Side Story.

that was the idea --glad you picked up on it.

I can't wait to see the next law that is unfair because it restricts people from being happy.

In California, it's called Proposition 8--but that's another topic.

I'm all for no borders. They're all made up anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets follow that logic and see were it takes us: Let's outlaw the word "CANCER". No matter how well intended, pretending that banning words won't make issues or concepts they embody "go away". THAT is a sign of mental illness, not of a respectable and realistic person. You can't outlaw STUPIDITY based on that same rationale because these same jerks wouldn't have a job anymore.

If we outlawed stupidity, at least one poster on this thread would be in jail.

Call them undocumented immigrants.

Very clever. The term undocumented implies that they are here for a good reason, but simply lack paperwork. Way to cloak the actual status of their presence here, which is a FELONY CRIME, in p.c. non-speak.

I contend that you WANT to mask the status of these people here because you don't believe that the U.S. should have immigration policy at all. I suspect it has something to do with some wacky hippy/buddhist/Neo-Native American sage-burning and kumbaya-singing bullshit that suggests that borders are evil and should be eradicated.

To which I reply in Frost: "Good fences make good neighbors." If people from neighboring countries want to live/work here, let them apply to immigrate, LEGALLY, and I, for one, will welcome their presence here. Until then, I will call them what they are: illegal immigrants.

Last edited:
I'm all for no borders. They're all made up anyway.

God, I love it when I'm right. Some things are as predictable as death and taxes. For one thing, we can always predict that Wind, aka Skydancer, will embrace the most illogical hippy position possible, politically speaking. And, she will call telling the truth "hate speech." Welcome to wind world, where up is down, right is wrong, and intelligence is non-existent.

:D

"Imagine there's no country, it's easy if you try...."

John Lennon

That would be lovely, wouldn't it? Then America could be as overpopulated and destroyed as every other third world country out there. Yay for open borders! Yay for our loss of cultural identity! Yay for a world where there is no America anymore! Because the only cultural identity that matters in Wind-world is that of small brown people. Americans, of every color, we don't count. We're EVIL, NATIONALISTIC, JINGOISTIC, (gasp) flag-worshipping patriots. :evil:

The world would be better if we were overrun, right?

Last edited:
God, I love it when I'm right. Some things are as predictable as death and taxes. For one thing, we can always predict that Wind, aka Skydancer, will embrace the most illogical hippy position possible, politically speaking. And, she will call telling the truth "hate speech." Welcome to wind world, where up is down, right is wrong, and intelligence is non-existent.

:D

How are hippies more or less illogical...than say cowboys? Just curious. :eusa_whistle:

How are hippies more or less illogical...than say cowboys? Just curious. :eusa_whistle:

Cowboys are far superior to hippies. First, they know how to feed themselves without a convenient organic food co-op. Secondly, they have job skills and are usually gainfully employed. Thirdly, cowboys bathe and shave at least once a week (on Fridays) before going to town and hooking up with Miss Kitty's girls. Thus, they are superior to hippies in at least three ways. Lastly, they never reek of patchouli. That would be a fourth reason.

Last edited:
Nor are they doing anything to fix the country that they live in. Why bother--everything good in America.

It never ceases to amaze me that liberals can't understand the damage of their proposed do-gooding.
"Brain drain” is the flow of skilled professionals—physicians, engineers, scientists, educators—from less developed countries to the more developed countries. In many cases, large-scale immigration to the United States does serious damage to the communities left behind.

Developing countries are losing the people they can least afford to: those who are skilled and educated, who perform crucial services contributing to the health and economy of the country, and who create new jobs for others.

For example, more African scientists and engineers work in the United States than in all of Africa—leaving the entire African continent of 600 million people with just 20,000 engineers and scientists.1 The United Nations calls brain drain one of the greatest threats to economic development in sub-Saharan Africa.

(more..)
FAIR: Brain Drain

That's just based on legal immigration. When it comes to ILLEGAL ALIENS, particularly from Mexico (a 70% slice of the pie), the news is worse because they're not bothering with education to begin with...

For Mexico, remittances are an important source of income. Mexicans living in the United States sent a record $23.1 billion back home in 2006, putting remittances third after oil and maquiladora (assembly plant) exports as a foreign-exchange generator for Mexico.[4] A 2003 survey found international remittances account for 15 percent of per capita household income in rural Mexico.[5]

However, the long-term effects of massive immigration are detrimental to Mexico’s development and economic viability. A 2005 study found residents in Mexico, where someone has migrated from, had lower levels of education, than in places where no one migrated. Because of illegal immigrants’ tenuous position in the U.S. labor market, they will get only unskilled jobs in the U.S, regardless of whether they spend an additional year in school. Therefore, rural migrants have little incentive to invest in education.[6]

One study found that 70% of all remittances to Mexico go to living expenses (i.e. mortgage, rent, food, and utilities), compared with only one percent going to business investment. Consumption is the least productive use of income when the goal is growth and development.[7] Only when new capital goods are purchased and implemented does productivity actually increase. Remittances are an expediency that encourages dependence on the United States and fails to address the address the long-term economic future of Mexico.

FAIR:

That's not even getting into the damage done to the Mexican social structure, where one in five workers are working in the U.S., away from their families and their kids. And it's not dealing with the effects on American workers who've had their wages and benefits undercut by an illegal labor force, or on American taxpayers who are forced to make up the difference for both groups of workers in social programs and welfare give-aways.

Where's the liberal sympathy for that??? :eusa_eh:

Cowboys are far superior to hippies. First, they know how to feed themselves without a convenient organic food co-op. Secondly, they have job skills and are usually gainfully employed. Thirdly, cowboys bathe at least once a week (on Fridays) before going to town and hooking up with Miss Kitty's girls. Thus, they are superior to hippies in at least three ways.

AND what does any of this have to do with "Immigration/Illegal Immigration? A logical explanation will suffice.

:eusa_whistle:

AND what does any of this have to do with "Immigration/Illegal Immigration? A logical explanation will suffice.

:eusa_whistle:

You asked. Why did you bring up cowboys? I provided a reasonable answer. Are you quibbling with it?

I used the term hippy as slang for Skydancer/Wind's mentality, overall. But, a preferred term, for me at least, would be "hippy/buddhist/neo-Native American sage-burning kumbaya-singing wealth-transferring social-power-redistributing flower-wearing mantra-chanting silly asses."

Does that work for you?

Let me ask you....What is Mexico's immigration policy regarding Guatemala and Honduras? I'm perfectly fine with adopting whatever Mexico does to protect its southern border.
That's another topic. This topic is about the term illegal alien.

Forum List

Back