Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”

Actually, sir, words are weapons in a propaganda war. "Illegals' and "aliens" are more derogatory terms. Calling people 'trash' is another derogatory term. Your post is full of those kinds of terms.

There is a difference between an adjective and a noun.

The word 'illegal' is an adjective. It describes an unlawful action. The term 'illegals' is being used as a noun.

Undocumented immigrants are people who are coming here to work without proper permission. Undocumented status describes people who came here legally and did not renew their visas.

By the way, does it bother you at all if a heterosexual man has anal intercourse with his consenting wife? What business is it of yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Words are weapons in a propaganda war". Oh, really? Says who? That speaks volumes for the person that posted that twaddle. Maybe, words are just words. 'Illegal aliens" isn't a slander, it doesn't insult or involve racial hate, it's apropos and appropriate to the subject it is applied to. It is obvious why some people are so moved to redefine this particular word as prejudicial. My sense is that they don't have a bloody clue what real illegal undocumented foreign nationals are from a taffy apple. Do you folks? I live with THEM and it isn't a cute little joke to me.

What do you KNOW about facism Besides these hackneyed refrences, anyway? I live around these people. How about you? Jews felt the pain of REAL hate. How dare you mention the Holocaust with Illegal aliens. You don't get it. do you? T

What do you KNOW about facism Besides these hackneyed refrences, anyway? I live around these people. How about you? Jews felt the pain of REAL hate. How dare you mention the Holocaust with Illegal aliens. You don't get it. do you? T

Like Sky Dancer said....IT started with rhetoric, the same rhetoric we hear to day aimed at mostly Mexicans....

Nope. They are immigrants sneaking into the US without documents in order to work.

It's clever to call undocumented immigrants 'invaders' in order to justify hatred and a militant stance toward them.

and then after they sneak in here they steal our documents or work under fraudulent documents and steal our entitlements. now what do ya call them??? Honest? :lol:

You live around Jews?

and then after they sneak in here they steal our documents or work under fraudulent documents and steal our entitlements. now what do ya call them??? Honest? :lol:

You call them undocumented immigrants. You call them illegal immigrants.

They are immigrants.

"It's just Rhetoric aimed at Mexicans" . Yeah that is all it is, rhetoric, Keep thinking that . Like I asked: Do any of you holier-than thou saints LIVE in a Barrio WITH Illegal Aliens? HMMM? Walk the walk and talk the talk. I DO, by the way. And, lets just say that calling these twits "Illegal Aliens" is the least of their problems, and I doubt any of you folk understand any of that, it's just "rhetoric" as far as YOU are concerned. It's real as death to me. That is the difference here , sweety, I live it, I don't TALK it. You can quote me if ya want, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon...

They are immigrants.

illegal immigrants breaking American law and identity thieves works for me cause they are documented after they steal my documents..

I don't live in All -WHITE GATED INSULAR gated community with a bunch of well educated neurotic ANGLOS with guilt complexes a mile wide. YOU? Know any JEWS or ILLEGAL aliens? I sort of doubt you do EITHER.

I am looking for something positive to say here, but it's getting hard when I have to dodge bullets. Some chica dove into my arms and babbled some sh*t in Spanish and I had to rub to stones together to figure out her moy macho boi friend wanted to slaughter her like a pig. And it didn't take long for me to hide chica muchachca from getting her/ MY ass blown away. For both of our sakes, see, that is one of the consequences of living around these morons. On the upside, I bet MY LATINA LASSIE and I both had a workout, corazón speaking. I got a couple of bullets in my casa, sweetheart and that isn't politicaly correct. So What do I do about THAT? Can some judge somewhere just make it go away by decree? Wouldn't that be nice? Wow, If we just click our Ruby slippers together, the bad people go away? So far, that isn't an option. Never was, either.

They are immigrants.

My brother had to pay several $1000 to get his wife over here from Thailand, it took over a year, a lot of paperwork, a background check, a medical check AND my parents had to sponsor her, SHE is an immigrant and now she's an American. When you call an illegal alien an immigrant, you are insulting her and everyone else like her.

My brother in law came from Canada, he had $40,000 in the bank, was married to my sister and STILL had to be sponsored by my parents. HE'S an immigrant, illegals are not.

My cousin in law came from Germany, he had to have a background check, a medical check and it cost a lot of money plus my aunt and uncle had to sponsor him. HE'S an immigrant, illegals are not.

To call an illegal alien an immigrant is an insult to all the LEGAL immigrants in our nation.

The person is an immigrant--legal or illegal.

You don't go around calling your relatives 'legals' do you? Do your friends refer to your relatives as 'legals'?

The point is that the terms legal or illegal are adjectives, not nouns. The people are not called 'legals and illegals". They are all immigrants. Some are legal and documented immigrants and some are not.

They are people.

The OP topic is about a language use practice in Arizona.

Last edited by a moderator:
The person is an immigrant--legal or illegal.

You don't go around calling your relatives 'legals' do you? Do your friends refer to your relatives as 'legals'?

The point is that the terms legal or illegal are adjectives, not nouns. The people are not called 'legals and illegals". They are all immigrants. Some are legal and documented immigrants and some are not.

They are people.

The OP topic is about a language use practice in Arizona.

No, an immigrant is someone who comes here legally, to call someone that broke our laws to get here an immigrant is an insult to all the legal immigrants in this country that you can't see that tells me that you are an illegal or you don't have any friends that came here legally.

The best man at our wedding is from Hong Kong. HE'S an immigrant, not an illegal alien. Calling illegals immigrants is like calling a burglar a house guest.

when a person enters and stay in our country illegally they are aliens, illegal aliens.. can't talk it away it is what it is. don't like that? then go home!

No, an immigrant is someone who comes here legally, to call someone that broke our laws to get here an immigrant is an insult to all the legal immigrants in this country that you can't see that tells me that you are an illegal or you don't have any friends that came here legally.

The best man at our wedding is from Hong Kong. HE'S an immigrant, not an illegal alien. Calling illegals immigrants is like calling a burglar a house guest.

The word immigrate or emigrate have no qualifers.... Migration is something all animals in the animal kingdom do, including man... For various reasons, for weather, food, etc. Legal or illegal means nothing to mother nature.

All beings move toward what they think will make them happy.

My brother had to pay several $1000 to get his wife over here from Thailand, it took over a year, a lot of paperwork, a background check, a medical check AND my parents had to sponsor her, SHE is an immigrant and now she's an American. When you call an illegal alien an immigrant, you are insulting her and everyone else like her.

My brother in law came from Canada, he had $40,000 in the bank, was married to my sister and STILL had to be sponsored by my parents. HE'S an immigrant, illegals are not.

My cousin in law came from Germany, he had to have a background check, a medical check and it cost a lot of money plus my aunt and uncle had to sponsor him. HE'S an immigrant, illegals are not.

To call an illegal alien an immigrant is an insult to all the LEGAL immigrants in our nation.

My housekeeper and her husband (owns a landscape business)...both Americans of Mexican descent sponsored no less than 30 friends and relatives from Mexico. They reside her legally. One has a job at McDonalds, and is accused of being an "illegal alien".

Sort of sucks for him...I know. Tell me Sheila, you seem to know these illegal aliens are out there. How do you spot em?

My housekeeper and her husband (owns a landscape business)...both Americans of Mexican descent sponsored no less than 30 friends and relatives from Mexico. They reside her legally. One has a job at McDonalds, and is accused of being an "illegal alien".

Sort of sucks for him...I know. Tell me Sheila, you seem to know these illegal aliens are out there. How do you spot em?[/QUOTE]
Brown skin? Spanish accent? Antenna's coming out of their heads?

Forum List

Back