Juan Williams Loses Job At NPR For Telling The Truth

Agreed. Mr. Williams was expressing the very same thing that most Americans think, and have expressed themselves. Let this be a lesson to the rest of the Lefist toadies here...TOW the Statist Line...Or -ELSE-

After all? The Left is the most tolerant of the bunch of us and truly belives in free expression. [/sarcasm]:eusa_whistle:

Are you saying that most Americans are Islamophobic pieces of shit like Juan Williams? Speak for yourselves dipshits, don't lump all Americans with ignorance.

Juan is a LIBERAL, dipshit. I disagree with most of what he says on most topics. Thing is...he, [unlike YOU], tries to see the other side of things. That's what he is guilty of. And that NPR very likely didn't WANT him on FOX.

You are a narrow-minded shithead as the rest of those that pretend to think as you FAILO.

Shut your fucking face retarded asshat, Juan Williams isn't a liberal, he's just good ol Juan Williams, do you know what fucking liberal is?

See, this is what happens when you wander off the NPR reservation and voice an independent thought:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/21/business/media/21npr.html?_r=1

NPR has terminated its contract with Juan Williams, one of its senior news analysts, after he made comments about Muslims on the Fox News Channel.
On the show, the host,Bill O'Reilly asked him to respond to the notion that the United States was facing a “Muslim dilemma.” Mr. O’Reilly said, “The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet
Mr. Williams said he concurred with Mr. O’Reilly.
He continued: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous

Big mistake. I may not usually agree with Juan, but I respect his honesty and integrity. He's a good Soul.

I can't wait to see all you guys at the "Rally to Keep Fear Alive!" ... I know you'll all do USMB proud with your vocal support, racial profiling and spooky language.

Meanwhile, just keep ignoring the fact that the left insists we have to be afraid of conservatives.
That's Right! Only CON$ are allowed to demonize people. Just ask them, it's THEIR Constitutional right.

Epic Monologue: The Greatest Threat America Faces Is Liberalism
April 15, 2008
RUSH: I popped up, and I said, "If I may be so bold, I totally agree with you that we have a major threat and that it's going to be a threat that we have to deal with for quite a while. I don't deny that Islamofascism is huge. I have to tell you guys something--" we had 15 of us sitting around. I said, "I have to tell you guys something. Without question the biggest threat facing this country is liberalism, and I went on a 20-minute riff. I wish it had been recorded. I totally ad-libbed this thing, it was similar to monologues that I do here behind the Golden EIB Microphone, but I went on for 15 minutes.

The next day, they were still buzzing about it, and they said, "Rush, if you'd have told us to turn around we're marching into the ocean, we'd have followed you."

Liberalism has destroyed the black family

Liberalism is the greatest enemy this country faces, because too much of this country is ignorant. It's the most expensive commodity we have, ignorance.

Liberalism is the greatest threat this country faces.

July 7, 2010
RUSH: The left is relentless.* The left is who it is.* They are who they are, and they are dishonest as they can be.* Trying to deal with them the same way you would deal with one of your recalcitrant children is not gonna work.* I mean, we're dealing with true, evil, diabolic deviousness here.*

They are to be defeated.* They are not to be gotten along with. I hate that phrase. I'm having a mental block.* They're not people to have friendly relationships with.* You don't have to be unfriendly, but the point is not to get along with these people.* It's not to form a compromise. There's no compromise with these people. How the hell do you compromise with evil?*

Are you saying that most Americans are Islamophobic pieces of shit like Juan Williams? Speak for yourselves dipshits, don't lump all Americans with ignorance.

Juan is a LIBERAL, dipshit. I disagree with most of what he says on most topics. Thing is...he, [unlike YOU], tries to see the other side of things. That's what he is guilty of. And that NPR very likely didn't WANT him on FOX.

You are a narrow-minded shithead as the rest of those that pretend to think as you FAILO.

Shut your fucking face retarded asshat, Juan Williams isn't a liberal, he's just good ol Juan Williams, do you know what fucking liberal is?

You are not in a postion to tell anyone to do anything. :lol:

Carry on soldier!

I'm not a big Juan Williams fan. I very rarely agree with his opinions but I think it's wrong to fire a guy for speaking what he believes.

See, this is what happens when you wander off the NPR reservation and voice an independent thought:

NPR has terminated its contract with Juan Williams, one of its senior news analysts, after he made comments about Muslims on the Fox News Channel.
On the show, the host,Bill O'Reilly asked him to respond to the notion that the United States was facing a “Muslim dilemma.” Mr. O’Reilly said, “The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet
He continued: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous

Big mistake. I may not usually agree with Juan, but I respect his honesty and integrity. He's a good Soul.

Yes. He is what I refer to as an intelligent liberal which makes him pretty much anathema to the statists and political class.

Let's see. Juan has defended the President on a number of issues that O'Reilly was criticizing the President for. He has defended the stimulus, has defended the budget, is pro choice, and is definitely the liberal voice on Fox News Public Affairs program. His book on Thurgood Marshall is excellent but defends and applauds every liberal concept supported by Marshall and most liberals since.

except NOT ONE of the 19 Muslims (jihad) that brought the world trade center and Pentagon down, were WEARING Muslim garb...

i feel sorry for him too...

Of course not. They were trying to "fit in." Which is why for example they shaved beards before commencing their heinous operation. Didn't want to draw undo attention to themselves at the airports.

this is wrong and just symptomatic of the hypocrisy of the self proclaimed uber-tolerant.

I'd sue their ass off if possible...oh and I like how the way they couched it on their site

NPR Ends Juan Williams' Contract After Muslim Remarks : NPR

they "terminated his contract" ....oh really? You mean you fired him? :rolleyes:
The hoi polloi terminology to much for NPR?

On another, but similar note;

I am left wondering where NPR's lambasting of Obama grandmother is? The editorial as to how the person who raised a guy that transcends race was a bigot for being described as exactly the same, except using blacks on the street instead of Muslims on an airplane? ahhh that screed probably got lost in the NPR worship bucket.

Last edited:
You can lose your job for insulting customers.

He insulted all of their Muslim viewers

Really? National Public Radio has a lot of viewers?

NPR's fortunes have actually increased over the past decade, mostly because of the upsurge of liberal fervor in an "I hate Bush" culture and because of the failure and demise of Air America which was pretty much the only other national outlet the statists and political class had. The last I looked at the market shares, some 20 million people will have tuned into NPR over a 24-hour period which is certainly respectable and would make them viable if they were a commercial entity. However, in the cooldown after all the Messiah fervor, it remains to be seen if NPR will continue such success.

Certainly if they pull many more stunts like firing Juan Williams, they will lose a lot of their conservative base which most likely makes up at least half of their audience. There's a limit to how much blatant bias a mostly conservative America will tolerate. I certainly don't look to NPR for much comprehensive news and commentary, but they do carry some on air live broadcasts of interest to me that I can't get anywhere else and I enjoy some of their music and educational programming.

The Williams thing is so disgusting, however, that it is off putting and makes me think more negatively of NPR. Will that cause me to tune to that station less? It could.

From what I've read and heard about this situation, firing him was incredibly stupid.

I just saw the segment in question.

There is no doubt in my mind that he was saying this apologetically, ashamedly. As if he didn't want to admit that he had this fear, but he did.

If we have travelled so far down the politically correct road that an honored man in media, without a bigotted bone in his body, can offer an honest opinion about an irrational fear of his and be penalized by a knee jerk firing and have his reputation scarred by such an incident, is there any turning back?

I'm pissed as a conservative.

I think it's time NPR hears from right and left and everyone in between by email in the next few days decrying this absurd action of theirs.

It's shameful.

Last edited:
You people are honestly about as dishonest, or stupid, as it is possible to be. If he had made the same comments about any other group, including whites, Christians, Jews, Latinos, women, etc...he'd still have exposed himself as a stupid bigot and been fired.

You can lose your job for insulting customers.

He insulted all of their Muslim viewers

Really? National Public Radio has a lot of viewers?

NPR's fortunes have actually increased over the past decade, mostly because of the upsurge of liberal fervor in an "I hate Bush" culture and because of the failure and demise of Air America which was pretty much the only other national outlet the statists and political class had. The last I looked at the market shares, some 20 million people will have tuned into NPR over a 24-hour period which is certainly respectable and would make them viable if they were a commercial entity. However, in the cooldown after all the Messiah fervor, it remains to be seen if NPR will continue such success.

Certainly if they pull many more stunts like firing Juan Williams, they will lose a lot of their conservative base which most likely makes up at least half of their audience. There's a limit to how much blatant bias a mostly conservative America will tolerate. I certainly don't look to NPR for much comprehensive news and commentary, but they do carry some on air live broadcasts of interest to me that I can't get anywhere else and I enjoy some of their music and educational programming.

The Williams thing is so disgusting, however, that it is off putting and makes me think more negatively of NPR. Will that cause me to tune to that station less? It could.

It further bolsters my resolve to DEFUND it so taxpayers cease funding this PC claptrap. And includes PBS. They both have outlived their usefulness with Cable, Satellite, and the Internet available now as it wasn't when both those enties were created.

Taxpayers? Demand they be defunded.

~T

Gotta love how much liberals care about free speech.

THAT CRACKS ME UP!!!

He dodges and dodges straight talk on any show he's on, he always has to pause before he speaks, just to make sure he doesn't say anything wrong.

ONE TIME he speaks from the heart and NPR cans the "vile racist". Just goes to show that NPR is not news, it's only opinion, and any one that strays from that opinon is shark bait.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

wait, that's not funny

A man lost his job for being honest. NPR should be investigated for censorship. No one should lose thier job while exercising thier right to free speech.

You people are honestly about as dishonest, or stupid, as it is possible to be. If he had made the same comments about any other group, including whites, Christians, Jews, Latinos, women, etc...he'd still have exposed himself as a stupid bigot and been fired.

That's bullshit and you know it. People say whatever they want to about Christians, Jews, and women in this country and most of the absurd bigoted hateful shit comes from the left.

who's playing the "if they said it about anyone else" card now?

How many castigation's of Christian mores/symbols etc. does there need to take place a year on msm outlets absent punishment to get your attention? How about 'racially insensitive' remarks by dems as to their own party leader?

my god the humanity.........comedy gold. :eusa_doh:

Last edited:
Isn't it nice that in a FREE NATION it is a firing offense to express your views? CAIR should be proud. They are the ones that demanded this.

You Liberal/Statist Dolts carry on with your PC Claptrap...the result will be something you will be responsible for if it continues.

Forum List

Back