Juan Williams Loses Job At NPR For Telling The Truth

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
See, this is what happens when you wander off the NPR reservation and voice an independent thought:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/21/business/media/21npr.html?_r=1

NPR has terminated its contract with Juan Williams, one of its senior news analysts, after he made comments about Muslims on the Fox News Channel.
On the show, the host,Bill O'Reilly asked him to respond to the notion that the United States was facing a “Muslim dilemma.” Mr. O’Reilly said, “The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet
Mr. Williams said he concurred with Mr. O’Reilly.
He continued: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous

See, this is what happens when you wander off the NPR reservation and voice an independent thought:

NPR has terminated its contract with Juan Williams, one of its senior news analysts, after he made comments about Muslims on the Fox News Channel.
On the show, the host,Bill O'Reilly asked him to respond to the notion that the United States was facing a “Muslim dilemma.” Mr. O’Reilly said, “The cold truth is that in the world today jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet
He continued: “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous

I can't stand to listen to Juan Williams, but I feel badly for him, losing his job for making a non-PC remark. I admired him for telling the truth that most of us agree with anyway. Sad. The man works hard for a living....

NPR wasn't overly fond of Williams' NPR ties being identified on Fox. They've been looking for a reason to cut Williams loose.

That's what I've read anyway...

NPR Tells Fox News: Please Don't Associate Juan Williams With Us

Mara Liasson from NPR is also affiliated with Fox and I *heart* hearing that woman speak. She is often on Special Report with Bret Baier and my all time fave Fox pundit, Dr. Charles Krauthammer. Love to look at CK in those clothes he, or someone, puts together for him to wear. So classy.. Mara always looks classy too. Very professional, each. :)

except NOT ONE of the 19 Muslims (jihad) that brought the world trade center and Pentagon down, were WEARING Muslim garb...

i feel sorry for him too...

NPR wasn't overly fond of Williams' NPR ties being identified on Fox. They've been looking for a reason to cut Williams loose.

That's what I've read anyway...

NPR Tells Fox News: Please Don't Associate Juan Williams With Us
Looks like you're either with the bureaucratic bourgeoisie or against them. :eusa_whistle:

I think he's been having trouble with NPR since 2008 when they turned down a White House interview with GW. The WH wanted Williams to do the interview, NPR said no, so he did the interview... for Fox.

Ooops...

He is better off not working for NPR based on this alone, Fox will take care of him anyway, first class org at Fox......

"I said to myself, 'If this guy doesn't look like an Arab terrorist, then nothing does.' Then I gave myself a mental slap, because in this day and age, it's not nice to say things like this."
-Michael Tuohey, who processed Mohamed Atta and Abdulaziz Alomari's tickets on 9/11.

WOW That really sucks. I like Juan!

"I said to myself, 'If this guy doesn't look like an Arab terrorist, then nothing does.' Then I gave myself a mental slap, because in this day and age, it's not nice to say things like this."
-Michael Tuohey, who processed Mohamed Atta and Abdulaziz Alomari's tickets on 9/11.
well, clearly he is a racist

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back