Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
From last night of the Rachel Maddow show:
Part 1
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJwu9zi7FnA[/ame]
Part 2
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2gvD_jPCY[/ame]
:clap2:.. She's always right on target. No exception here.

Shucks, Rachel's calling the GOP racists. Who would have expected that?

She is clearly a brilliant analyst of the issues.

Never let it be said that Little Lefty has developed the skill of individual thought. Though I still hold out some hope.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Upon passage of the Civil Rights Act, Lyndon Johnson commenting to Bill Moyers said, "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican Party for a long time to come.” It appears he was absolutely correct. In the 44 years since the Civil Rights Act, the South has voted for Republican presidential candidates 77% of time. Had it not been for the increased registration of Black voters in the South and favorite sons, Cartier and Clinton, the vote would surely have been close to 100% Republican.

In the 44 years prior to the Civil Rights Act, the South voted for Republicans presidential candidates 11% of the time.

To say that race is not a major reason for Republican dominance in the South is just not so. If you can find a Klan member in the South, you no doubt have found a Republican vote.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_South

avater, lonestar, and cali girl come in with the predictable ad hominem... shocking

Clearly. And the results prove how correct she is. The Republican Party is 90% white. Many members consider themselves "Confederate Republicans" and play at "war reenactments" wearing southern uniforms.

Republicans are so riled up at the "black" man in the "White" House. And why is that?

They insist he raised taxes, only he didn't.

The insist he has proposed legislation to limit gun rights, even though he expanded gun rights.

They insist he is a Marxist and a Communist, even though it was Republicans who worked to send millions of American jobs to Communist China from 2001 to 2008.

They insist Obama wants America to lose in Afghanistan even though he has tripled the number of troops there.

They insist Obama wants to nationalize the banks. That has proved false.

By the way, the CBO says the health care bill will save America 150 billion over the next ten years.

Add all the racist pictures, watermelon patch, Obama food stamps with chicken and watermelon, and on and on.

Maddow is not only 100% correct, but the results are obvious, even to that Republican base their leaders call "hicky".

Upon passage of the Civil Rights Act, Lyndon Johnson commenting to Bill Moyers said, "I think we just delivered the South to the Republican Party for a long time to come.” It appears he was absolutely correct. In the 44 years since the Civil Rights Act, the South has voted for Republican presidential candidates 77% of time. Had it not been for the increased registration of Black voters in the South and favorite sons, Cartier and Clinton, the vote would surely have been close to 100% Republican.

In the 44 years prior to the Civil Rights Act, the South voted for Republicans presidential candidates 11% of the time.

To say that race is not a major reason for Republican dominance in the South is just not so. If you can find a Klan member in the South, you no doubt have found a Republican vote.
Solid South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considering the Democrats created the KKK, that's a very interesting viewpoint you have.

And if you want to think South and KKK, you should pause and reflect on the life and times of Senator KKK Byrd.

Clearly. And the results prove how correct she is. The Republican Party is 90% white. Many members consider themselves "Confederate Republicans" and play at "war reenactments" wearing southern uniforms.

Republicans are so riled up at the "black" man in the "White" House. And why is that?

The insist he has proposed legislation to limit gun rights, even though he expanded gun rights.

They insist he is a Marxist and a Communist, even though it was Republicans who worked to send millions of American jobs to Communist China from 2001 to 2008.

They insist Obama wants America to lose in Afghanistan even though he has tripled the number of troops there.

By the way, the CBO says the health care bill will save America 150 billion over the next ten years.

Add all the racist pictures, watermelon patch, Obama food stamps with chicken and watermelon, and on and on.

Maddow is not only 100% correct, but the results are obvious, even to that Republican base their leaders call "hicky".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The following states have Democrat majorities in both houses their state legislatures:

Alabama
Arkansas
Louisiana
Mississippi
North Carolina

States with split houses split houses:

Kentucky

These states have Republican majorities in both houses:

Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Tennessee

Source

Tell me again how the south is solidly Republican?

• Thanks
The following states have Democrat majorities in both houses their state legislatures:

Alabama
Arkansas
Louisiana
Mississippi
North Carolina

Kentucky

Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Tennessee

Source

:clap2:

Alabama
Arkansas
Louisiana
Mississippi
North Carolina

Kentucky

Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Tennessee

Source

It is a waste of time to throw facts into any thread when the lefties are on a rant.

When you say the Republican Party is 90% white I do hope you realize that Caucasian covers all races /ethnicities other than Negroid and Asian.

So that is a huge tent that embraces descendants of many nationalities.

So what's the problem with Italian descendants, Polish descendants, Brazilian descendants being members of the Republican party?

Is there something wrong with that?

Last edited:
  • Thanks

Alabama
Arkansas
Louisiana
Mississippi
North Carolina

Kentucky

Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Tennessee

Source

It is a waste of time to throw facts into any thread when the lefties are on a rant.

I agree, but I don't think it's necessary to stoop to that same level. If it's their strategy to spread rumors, misinformation and lies (as it appears to be), then I will do my part to counter them with facts. I'm interested to see what responses I might get from our left leaning friends here.

Solid South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considering the Democrats created the KKK, that's a very interesting viewpoint you have.

And if you want to think South and KKK, you should pause and reflect on the life and times of Senator KKK Byrd.

How many of those Democrats who created the KKK are still alive, Tinydancer? And if they were, how many of them would support the modern Democrat Party?

So the libtards have spent the better part of two years calling everyone who isn't them racists. Come Nov. they'll whine cause we racist won't work with them..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back