Jon Stewart Takes on Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels

yeah Frank, you don't have to be terminal to get the info/consult now...........

so you're ELIGIBLE and it's paid for before you get sick and/or too incompetent to make informed decisions.

There you go using logic and making sense again.

No soup for you!

Call your Senators and INSIST they put the provision in their bill.

Your parents will be so proud of what you;ve done for Obama!

yeah Frank, you don't have to be terminal to get the info/consult now...........

so you're ELIGIBLE and it's paid for before you get sick and/or too incompetent to make informed decisions.

This is all moot, call your Senator. Tell them you want your parents to meet with a practitioner at least once every 5 years to discuss EOL options

So I guess Patients with Terminal Illness and Medicare Eligibility are different afterall

My parents are dead.......and they're still smarter than you.

Mine aren't yet and I'm not going to let Ezekiel Emanuel and Obama get their Nazi hands on them either

This bill will not kill grandma. No matter what a real Nazi (see my avatar) is telling you. Use your own brains just once and stop lying. Its pathetic.

It's really so simple, if my parents don't have to meet with a Practitioner to discuss EOL options, don't put it in a bill!

Piece of cake!

You're not too bright are you? People can be terminal at the point at which they are eligible for Medicare. Some people don't have children or relatives. At the point where a service is performed you give consent.....in any medical situation, if you are able, otherwise the doctor has to act in your best interests or find somebody who has a healthcare proxy or medical power of attorney.

Healthcare proxies and MPOAs usually include a consultation by a lawyer unless you are already in an emergent hospital setting and then they set a social worker on it if you are competent to give consent.

You could be hit by truck tomorrow, are your wishes recorded? Have you made any provisions?

You obviously haven't dealt with any of this because your arguments are ridiculous.

Mine aren't yet and I'm not going to let Ezekiel Emanuel and Obama get their Nazi hands on them either

This bill will not kill grandma. No matter what a real Nazi (see my avatar) is telling you. Use your own brains just once and stop lying. Its pathetic.

It's really so simple, if my parents don't have to meet with a Practitioner to discuss EOL options, don't put it in a bill!

Piece of cake!

It's there so they can get it if they want it. You want them to NOT get it if they want it? You want them to have to pay for it if they want it? Now who's the horrible child????

Piece of cake!

What insurance company bureaucrats do they have to deal with now?

Here's my problem with the Death Camp provision in the House Bill.

The Central Thesis of ObamaCare is that we spend too much money on too many "unnecessary procedures, treatments and drugs" and he wants to cut back on that. Moreover, he's hired and shielded from public scrutiny people who talk about "Untermenschen" and Eugenics like they were ordering breakfast at Denny's.

So, if the goal is to cut back and spend less, why have a provision that has healthy Medicare eligible people talking with "Practitioner" about ending their lives?

The only way if fits into the Central Thesis of Obama Care Final Solution Pogrom is if it convinces people to a premature end! Nothing else about it makes any sense in the larger picture of how Obama, Emanuel, Holdren and others want to manipulate the American people.

Here's my problem with the Death Camp provision in the House Bill.

The Central Thesis of ObamaCare is that we spend too much money on too many "unnecessary procedures, treatments and drugs" and he wants to cut back on that. Moreover, he's hired and shielded from public scrutiny people who talk about "Untermenschen" and Eugenics like they were ordering breakfast at Denny's.

So, if the goal is to cut back and spend less, why have a provision that has healthy Medicare eligible people talking with "Practitioner" about ending their lives?

The only way if fits into the Central Thesis of Obama Care Final Solution Pogrom is if it convinces people to a premature end! Nothing else about it makes any sense in the larger picture of how Obama, Emanuel, Holdren and others want to manipulate the American people.

BECAUSE it saves money and time when the need arises....which also can produce better outcomes. Would you want your parents to wait while the doctor goes and tries to track you down to see what your parents might want or if there were HCPs or MPOAs in existence that he has to be careful to establish BEFORE he acts? Use your brain. This is efficiency 101.

What if somebody is religiously opposed to blood transfusions [or any particular procedure]? What if someone is religiously opposed to any medical intervention whatsoever? It's their right to be able to refuse treatment. What if they can use the Medicare coverage for just a EOL consultation so their wishes will be honored?

This would definitely save money and possible liability to doctors and hospitals.

There is no reasonable argument against it.

Betsy McCaughey said, in the interview, that she thought we should be spending more on healthcare, not less.
Who's going to pay for that?

AND another thing........all of this stuff is proposed to be uniform, so the hospital attorney doesn't have to sit down and try to figure out what you want or don't want in some sort of legal interpretation of whatever lawyer wrote the thing up. There's also a panel set up to add more items that are UNIFORM as they become either legally acceptable or arise as a viable possibility as a CHOICE.

Checklist.

Speed.

Efficiency.

Choice.

Covered.

Forum List

Back