Jon Stewart Takes on Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels

OK, so the Librul narrative is that there are no death Panels in the House bill, but the Senate is removing them anyway because Betsy was "destroyed" by Jon Lipschitz on a show on Comedy Central?

Is that it?

Oh right, and nobody listens to Sarah Palin
It was removed before Betsy appeared on the Daily Show ... you keep digging yourself deeper.

Why was it removed?

Uh huh, I'm a scared of him...he's so scary (trying to keep Paperview occupied while the men with the butterfly nets move into position) Why, Jon Stewart is scarier than "Red Dragon" Why Jon is so scary, I'm like totally asacred!
Now you're beginning to get a feel for what it's like when cons tell us we are "afraid" of Palin.

Lick that boner.

I think you're getting all wee weed up

Jon Stewart Takes On Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels | TakePart Social Action Networkâ„¢

MCCaughey has since quit.

Jon Stewart Takes On Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels
Posted by Gina Telaroli on August 21, 2009 at 11:06 am

Last night Jon Stewart pulled out all the stops before his 3 week hiatus and spent the majority of his show interviewing Betsy McCaughey, founder of Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths (RID), general patient advocacy and health care policy buff, and former Lieutenant Governor of New York under Republican Governor George Pataki.

As Brannack wrote about in an earlier post, Betsy ” is currently claiming that the new legislation hides secret provisions that will force senior citizens to attend counseling sessions about assisted suicide.” That claim is what has led to all the death panel talk these days. And as Brannack pointed out this talk is RIDICULOUS.

Thankfully for all of those people not reading TakePart Jon Stewart spent 15+ minutes yesterday taking McCaughey to task for her wacky and dangerous logic. Below is the original show and then the extended interview (in two parts and not all of it aired on TV) so take a few minutes to watch and see what all the death panel fuss is about (and why Jon Stewart, as per usuall, is awesome).

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 1
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Official Website | Current Events & Pop Culture, Comedy & Fake News

Daily Show
Full Episodes Political Humor Healthcare Protests
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 2
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Official Website | Current Events & Pop Culture, Comedy & Fake News

Daily Show
Full Episodes Political Humor Healthcare Protests

I enjoyed watching him stutter in an attempt to explain why the wording was removed from a bill that never included such language in the first place. Jon Stewart attempts to take advantage of the DUMB DOWNED youth of this nation....that are to inherently lazy to find the truth for themselves. Bill O'Reilly cleaned his clock on demonstrating how his peace on FOX as being biased against liberals ......as Bill showed the entire clip that demonstrated the LOONS that he was talking about were the 1000 plus CRIMINALS that were arrested...not the peaceful protesters. That's the way that Jon the COMEDIAN rolls......snap shots, distorted in an attempt to make those that he opposes appear in a comical light. There is nothing wrong with Comedy.....its just when a supposed HARD NEWS medium such as MEDIA MATTERS attempts to allow Jon to do their leg work and present his COMEDY as HARD NEWS........DEMONSTRATING exactly WHY THE MEDIA NO LONGER MATTERS...they have chosen sides, instead of presenting the news.......THEY ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE NEWS.

Last edited:
Uh huh, I'm a scared of him...he's so scary (trying to keep Paperview occupied while the men with the butterfly nets move into position) Why, Jon Stewart is scarier than "Red Dragon" Why Jon is so scary, I'm like totally asacred!
Now you're beginning to get a feel for what it's like when cons tell us we are "afraid" of Palin.

Lick that boner.

I think you're getting all wee weed up
Slurp Slurp.

You are afraid of Stewart. Just admit Frank.

He gets your panties all knotted up.

Ouchies!

OK, so the Librul narrative is that there are no death Panels in the House bill, but the Senate is removing them anyway because Betsy was "destroyed" by Jon Lipschitz on a show on Comedy Central?

Is that it?

It was removed before Betsy appeared on the Daily Show ... you keep digging yourself deeper.

Why was it removed?

disinformation campaign successful. This is the SAME language that Republicans used and put into the health care reform in 2003. So like we pointed out several times before... either they were for "death panels" back then, or they are hypocrites.

Death panels, death panels, death panels... I thought you knew us libs wanted to kill off useless granny.. I mean, she sends me socks every year... how lame.

Is that it?

No, "the Senate" didn't remove it.

Chucky Grassley removed it with his Here's Some BullShit Now Chew On It" pull in the 6 member committee. Do you know who Chucky the Cheese Grassley is?

Do you know how he removed it? Did you know he voted FOR the same GD provision in 2003?

So Dems want to put the Death Panels in the Senate bill?

The 2003 bill dealt with patients with Terminal Illness. The Dems consider Medicare eligibility a Terminal illness.

See the difference?

I enjoyed watching him stutter in an attempt to explain why the wording was removed from a bill that never included such language in the first place. Jon Stewart attempts to take advantage of the DUMB DOWNED youth of this nation....that are to inherently lazy to find the truth for themselves. Bill O'Reilly cleaned his clock on demonstrating how his peace on FOX as being biased against liberals ......as Bill showed the entire clip that demonstrated the LOONS that he was talking about were the 1000 plus CRIMINALS that were arrested...not the peaceful protesters. That's the way that Jon the COMEDIAN rolls......snap shots, distorted in an attempt to make those that he opposes appear in a comical light. There is nothing wrong with Comedy.....its just when a supposed HARD NEWS medium such as MEDIA MATTERS attempts to allow Jon to do their leg work and present his COMEDY as HARD NEWS........DEMONSTRATING exactly WHY THE MEDIA NO LONGER MATTERS...they have chosen sides, instead of presenting the news.......THEY ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE NEWS.

8+ years... and that's the best Fox has got him (and I'm very familiar with this issue). And I mean, it was pretty lame really...

Do you want to know how long the list is against O'Reily?

Is that it?

Chucky Grassley removed it with his Here's Some BullShit Now Chew On It" pull in the 6 member committee. Do you know who Chucky the Cheese Grassley is?

Do you know how he removed it? Did you know he voted FOR the same GD provision in 2003?

The 2003 bill dealt with patients with Terminal Illness. The Dems consider Medicare eligibility a Terminal illness.

See the difference?
OK Frank.

Here's your chance. Back it up.

Go head. Do it. C'mon Betsy, show us where it says that/

tickticktick

Is that it?

See the difference?

You need to wait for a talking point to counter this, because what you said is the equivalent of randomly saying.... Jello... to any question.

Don't worry, one will come out soon, so just be patient.

See the difference?

You need to wait for a talking point to counter this, because what you said is the equivalent of randomly saying.... Jello... to any question.

Don't worry, one will come out soon, so just be patient.
:lol:

See the difference?
OK Frank.

tickticktick

The 2003 Bill had EOL counseling for patients with Terminal Illness; Dems are saying that the current bill says the same thing, therefore, one must conclude that Dems consider eligibility for Medicare a terminal illness

Of course. He's hilarious. As I already said, he's a great comedian.
Do you think his interview with Betsy the Shill was just a comic routine?

I thought it was amusing. Here we have a Democrat "Betsy the Shill" spreading lies about Obamacare and Stewart called her on it. Whether they planned on it being a comic routine or not, it most certainly ended up that way.
Betsy, a Democrat? .. God, you are nuts.

8+ years... and that's the best Fox has got him (and I'm very familiar with this issue). And I mean, it was pretty lame really...

Do you want to know how long the list is against O'Reily?

Subjective OPINION is not demonstrable facts. And the majority of America must agree, as judging by their support. As you objectively see in demonstration, he has a 300% greater audience than does his competitors. Proving the old adage.....figures don't lie......but liars figure. One must take into account also, Bill O'reilly does not present the news......he offers OPINION about the news. He is upfront and truthful about such. He does not act like the competition.....presenting OPINION while sitting behind the anchor desk of a supposed HARD NEWS outlet medium.....like CNN, MSNBC, who not must show us the NEWS but attempt to SPIN what we have just witnessed...into their slanted point of view......not simply presenting the FACTS and allowing the audience to determine for themselves what they just witnessed. To hear CNN tell it......"barry" is the only news. I watched Mr. Wolfy..the other night and OBAMAS name was mentioned 37 times in a 60 minute program...entitled... WORLD NEWS. Proving that OBAMA hung the moon and is the WORLD in his.......OPINION.

Last edited:

See the difference?
OK Frank.

tickticktick

The 2003 Bill had EOL counseling for patients with Terminal Illness; Dems are saying that the current bill says the same thing, therefore, one must conclude that Dems consider eligibility for Medicare a terminal illness
Ah, the "therefore, one must conclude" jimmystick

That was cute Frank. Cute.

Based on your reply, one must conclude

xp.png

OK Frank.

tickticktick

xp.png

You said, "Did you know he voted FOR the same GD provision in 2003?"

So you either don't know what a Terminal Illness is or think that a Terminal Illness and Medicare Eligibility are the same thing!

We need to get you counseling for terminal stupidity. It's not covered yet so we'll take up a collection.

You're poking around in the dark with nebulous word games Frank.

Show us where "Dems consider eligibility for Medicare a terminal illness."

Please. And stop the word games. Just show us.

Last edited:
We need to get you counseling for terminal stupidity. It's not covered yet so we'll take up a collection.

Hopefully, it will cover people who can't tell the difference between a Terminal Illness and Medicare Eligibility

OK Frank.

tickticktick

xp.png

In all fairness, I really don't think he understands the flaw in his "logic".

But I don't have time to explain why apples aren't oranges at the moment, although republicans will tell you they are, and the sheepells will believe them. As a side note, is this the new talking point already? I guess it must be... weee....

Got to get going, GL...

xp.png

In all fairness, I really don't think he understands the flaw in his "logic".

But I don't have time to explain why apples aren't oranges at the moment, although republicans will tell you they are, and the sheepells will believe them. As a side note, is this the new talking point already? I guess it must be... weee....

Got to get going, GL...

LOL

From people who can't tell the difference between Terminal Illness and Medicare Eligibility

:lol:
:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back