Jon Stewart Takes on Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Jon Stewart Takes On Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels | TakePart Social Action Network™

MCCaughey has since quit.

Jon Stewart Takes On Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels
Posted by Gina Telaroli on August 21, 2009 at 11:06 am

Last night Jon Stewart pulled out all the stops before his 3 week hiatus and spent the majority of his show interviewing Betsy McCaughey, founder of Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths (RID), general patient advocacy and health care policy buff, and former Lieutenant Governor of New York under Republican Governor George Pataki.

As Brannack wrote about in an earlier post, Betsy ” is currently claiming that the new legislation hides secret provisions that will force senior citizens to attend counseling sessions about assisted suicide.” That claim is what has led to all the death panel talk these days. And as Brannack pointed out this talk is RIDICULOUS.

Thankfully for all of those people not reading TakePart Jon Stewart spent 15+ minutes yesterday taking McCaughey to task for her wacky and dangerous logic. Below is the original show and then the extended interview (in two parts and not all of it aired on TV) so take a few minutes to watch and see what all the death panel fuss is about (and why Jon Stewart, as per usuall, is awesome).

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 1
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Official Website | Current Events & Pop Culture, Comedy & Fake News

Daily Show
Full Episodes Political Humor Healthcare Protests
Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 2
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Official Website | Current Events & Pop Culture, Comedy & Fake News

Daily Show

She certainly was not prepared for the sit down with Stewart last night. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they asked her to "quit."

This was the most poignant statement out of the whole deal:

Jon Stewart: "I like you, but I don't understand how your brain works."

And that pretty much sums up how I feel about the naysayers here.

Thanks for the link!:eusa_angel:

As I understand it she made such a fool of herself she had no choice to resign or be fired.

It's about damn time.

One down only dozens more to go.

Jon was great. Now lets get some other's working on these right wing liars.

How about Oprah, Ellen, Bill Maher , The women at the View.
It's time that all Americans put their shoulder to this thing and pushed back on these lying right wingers.

Jon Stewart Takes On Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels | TakePart Social Action Networkâ„¢

MCCaughey has since quit.

Jon Stewart Takes On Betsy McCaughey and Death Panels
Posted by Gina Telaroli on August 21, 2009 at 11:06 am

Last night Jon Stewart pulled out all the stops before his 3 week hiatus and spent the majority of his show interviewing Betsy McCaughey, founder of Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths (RID), general patient advocacy and health care policy buff, and former Lieutenant Governor of New York under Republican Governor George Pataki.

As Brannack wrote about in an earlier post, Betsy ” is currently claiming that the new legislation hides secret provisions that will force senior citizens to attend counseling sessions about assisted suicide.” That claim is what has led to all the death panel talk these days. And as Brannack pointed out this talk is RIDICULOUS.

Thankfully for all of those people not reading TakePart Jon Stewart spent 15+ minutes yesterday taking McCaughey to task for her wacky and dangerous logic. Below is the original show and then the extended interview (in two parts and not all of it aired on TV) so take a few minutes to watch and see what all the death panel fuss is about (and why Jon Stewart, as per usuall, is awesome).

Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 1

Daily Show
Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 2

Daily Show

Jon Stewart Rocks What a smackdown.
Why of course you're from the planet where a mixed race President and a Gay Jewish Congressman now qualify as Nazi's. LMAO Doh!

Last edited:
As I understand it she made such a fool of herself she had no choice to resign or be fired.

It's about damn time.

It's time that all Americans put their shoulder to this thing and pushed back on these lying right wingers.

To be fair, she is likable. She had an impossible feat to perform. How was she going to substantiate what she was saying when it patently isn't true?

I was almost hoping she would make a point......:(

It's about damn time.

To be fair, she is likable. She had an impossible feat to perform. How was she going to substantiate what she was saying when it patently isn't true?

I was almost hoping she would make a point......:(

Sorry to say but I think some out there actually believe what she had to say. Her resignation I hope is a harbinger of a new found common sense.

I think her resignation is a harbinger of some nasty asshole coming in to take her place. At least she was a sympathetic character. JMHO.

Sorry, but life and death is a game to Betsy ... she tried so hard to manipulate Jon. Thank God, he took her down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back